I hope Pappa John's dies a quick death

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2018 07:14 pm
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/11/papa-john-tries-to-make-a-comeback-fails-badly/
Bigots have no place in this country, and if they own a business, it should go down in shame. Women, Americans and minorities should not use their business.

maxdancona

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2018 08:13 pm
@cicerone imposter,
If they can't work, what should happen to them? Should they be put on welfare? Should we put them in labor camps?

We can't shoot them.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2018 08:27 pm
@maxdancona,
Of course, we can't shoot them, but we can destroy their business by staying away. Bigots should not be allowed to prosper in this country.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2018 09:51 pm
My Norton/Symantec subscription ends in a few months. I've been a loyal customer since the 1990s.

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/375406-symantec-ends-nra-discount-program-amid-florida-shooting-backlash

Bye Norton. Hello McAffee!
glitterbag

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2018 10:59 pm
@oralloy,
How about this, think of Papa Johns as a restaurant that quietly asked Sara Huckabee to leave.
oralloy

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2018 11:24 pm
@glitterbag,
When my Norton subscription expires later this year, I'm switching to McAfee.
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 07:41 am
Why should employees and francise holders be punished because their boss is an asshole?

He has be outed and shamed. I’m not blaming the pizza maker.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 07:57 am
@PUNKEY,
Is he completely away from the company? will he continue to make profits from it?
maxdancona

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 10:31 am
It is easy to want to bring down a millionaire. He isn't going to starve and his kids are still going to college.

But what about an auto mechanic, or a farm worker, or a house framer. Would you want them to be thrown out of their work? And what happens to them after they are blacklisted? Are they and their families condemned to poverty?
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 10:40 am
@glitterbag,
That might be a nice claim for non-minorities, but I have no respect for bigots in this country.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 11:36 am
@cicerone imposter,
I only mentioned Sara because so many conservatives were horrified that she was asked to leave that small restaurant they were screaming for the owner to be driven out of business. It seems we can tolerate a little rascism so as to not loose money....because money is what we worship in this country....However, we go absolutely nuts if the owner of a tiny restaurant quietly asks a controversial figure to leave.....and then proceed to run her out of business, because suddenly it’s the principle, and to hell with those people who might lose their jobs...

Papa Johns might lose some business but if this mammoth pizza chain gets concerned, they likely will reorganize under a different name. I don’t buy sandwiches from Jimmy Johns, because the founder is a big time big game hunter...elephants, mankilling giraffes and other large animals.....and after looking at a few photos of him posing with his trophy kill.......I just will not
spend my money at his chain of sandwich shops. But that’s me, businesses are not guaranteed a steady stream of business......I don’t think of it as punishment, just I choose to take my business elsewhere.
oralloy

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 01:08 pm
@glitterbag,
What could possibly be wrong with big game hunting?

I mean, I acknowledge your right to boycott a place that you don't like. But why in the world would anyone object to big game hunting?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 01:09 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
It is easy to want to bring down a millionaire. He isn't going to starve and his kids are still going to college.

But what about an auto mechanic, or a farm worker, or a house framer. Would you want them to be thrown out of their work? And what happens to them after they are blacklisted? Are they and their families condemned to poverty?
They won't answer you because they aren't ready for the world to know their secret plans.

But.... Soylent Green.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 08:33 pm
@oralloy,
I would like an honest answer to what should be done with the cooks, carpenters or plumbers who can no longer work after they have been blacklisted.

It is a fair question, these are real people who are being prevented from working in their profession. Are you \ willing to condemn someone to poverty and unemployment just because they hold offensive ideas unrelated to their job?
oralloy

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2018 09:35 pm
@maxdancona,
If they want to violate the Second Amendment, then yes. Their lives should be destroyed and they should go crawl away and die somewhere.

But on the other hand, I am willing to forgive anyone who repents and makes a public stand in favor of the Second Amendment.

If Norton/Symantec begins taking a pro-gun-rights stance, let me know. I still have a few months left on my subscription. It's not too late for me to turn auto-renew back on in my account. I haven't bought a subscription to McAfee yet.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2018 09:24 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
If they want to violate the Second Amendment, then yes. Their lives should be destroyed and they should go crawl away and die somewhere.

You would want a pizza cook to be fired, and "die somewhere", simply because he didn't share your belief in the Second Amendment?

I don't see how cooking pizza, or changing or transmission, or making jewelry is dependent on either your racist beliefs or anti-gun beliefs. People should be able to make a living if there beliefs have nothing to do with their profession.

Think about the number of people who do the work you depend on to live your life. There are carpenters, farmers, janitors, jewelry makers, electricians... there are hundreds of people who make your life better about which you no nothing about.

The chances are, at least one of these people has views that would offend you, whether we are talking about racism, sexism, or people who want to violate gun rights. If you are worried that the seamstress who sewed your underwear might be a racist, or want to take your guns, or a racist who wants to take your guns... just be grateful for the fact your underwear is staying together.

Live and let Live.

maxdancona

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2018 09:32 am
@maxdancona,
Just to make the distinction clear... if you want to make sure that has racist ideas (or who opposes gun rights) isn't a teacher in your child's school that makes sense. There is a rational thought process there, these beliefs can interfere with a teacher's ability to do her job well.

If someone with racist ideas (or who opposes gun rights) works for the shop that fixes your car's transmission... why are her beliefs your business. What are you afraid of, that all of a sudden your car will hate Jews? Will your Ford start running like a Volkswagon?

Punishing people for thought crimes, when their beliefs have nothing to do with their careers; their contribution to society, is troubling.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2018 10:34 am
@maxdancona,
Thoughts are crimes?
maxdancona

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2018 10:40 am
@cicerone imposter,
If you punish someone; to destroy someone's life, making it impossible for her to work, for being racist...

Then yes, thoughts are crimes.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2018 10:45 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
You would want a pizza cook to be fired, and "die somewhere", simply because he didn't share your belief in the Second Amendment?
Because he is in favor of violating my rights.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I hope Pappa John's dies a quick death
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 07:54:10