I hope Pappa John's dies a quick death

oralloy

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2018 10:46 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Thoughts are crimes?
Are you asking yourself? You are the person who started a thread calling for people to be punished for their beliefs.

I agree with you. I as well say that thoughts must be punished.

People who want to violate the Second Amendment should have their lives ruined.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2018 11:24 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Is he completely away from the company? will he continue to make profits from it?

Going off of memory here, but I believe he was stepped down in some capacity after his idiot decision to dip in on the NFL kerfuffle, then more recently was forced out as chairman of the board for his probably not racist but even more idiotic decision to bring up Colonel Sanders and racism. He is however majority shareholder
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2018 11:32 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

When my Norton subscription expires later this year, I'm switching to McAfee.

You keep repeating this ... as if anyone should care either way. Good for you. you're moving to a new cybersecurity program. Kind of irrelevant to the OP's rant against racist big wigs and corporations indirectly supporting racism.

You have your principals... and you're acting on them. Have fun with that. Repeating that same post does nothing to validate your post or invalidate any other post or sentiment.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2018 12:26 pm
While what the founder of the company has said and done in recent times is disgusting, I don't see how completely boycotting the company will help. So far he has been removed as much as can be done, he no longer is part of operations.

If the company rebrands itself with a new name and management and the original guy has no shares in the company, would that be sufficient? I mean to say, there are a lot of people who work at the various stores and rely on the paycheck. Unless they knowingly contributed to the bigotry, why punish them? What of the various franchise owners, men and women who invested possibly all their money for the chance at prosperity and a better life for themselves and their families.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2018 12:54 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
the original guy has no shares in the company, would that be sufficient?

that would be the key for me if I had any skin in this
__

people are going to keep eating/ordering pizza. if papa john's disappeared, some other pizza company would fill the void and employees with pizza joint experience would be sought (til technology finishes off those jobs entirely).

It's much like the industry I'm in. Doesn't really matter if one company collapses/leaves the local market. People keep having accidents and making claims. Somebody has to work those claims - though technology eats some of them every year - doesn't matter if it's public or private insurance, old carrier or new. The first people who get re-hired when insurers go under are the frontline claims people. Then tech people, then managers. Higher level bosses and hr types are usually the last re-hires as that's where the most merges seem to happen.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2018 01:01 pm
@Sturgis,
People have different opinions and demands in this type of situation. Not everybody will know about this issue concerning this company. That it might affect this company just a little bit might be enough to warn other CEO's that bigotry is not acceptable. As a minority in this country who suffered from bigotry, I'm a bit more touchy about this subject.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2018 03:42 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
You keep repeating this ... as if anyone should care either way.
I mean to do it.

In the future, all of the money that I would have been paying to Symantec, will be going to McAfee instead.

tsarstepan wrote:
Good for you. you're moving to a new cybersecurity program. Kind of irrelevant to the OP's rant against racist big wigs and corporations indirectly supporting racism.
This thread is about punishing people for having objectionable opinions.

I am punishing Symantec for having objectionable opinions.

I am also justifying the general tactic of punishing people for having objectionable opinions.

tsarstepan wrote:
You have your principals... and you're acting on them. Have fun with that. Repeating that same post does nothing to validate your post or invalidate any other post or sentiment.
That post expressed that my resolve to switch to McAfee is unshaken by the post that I was responding to.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2018 12:27 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
If Norton/Symantec begins taking a pro-gun-rights stance, let me know. I still have a few months left on my subscription. It's not too late for me to turn auto-renew back on in my account. I haven't bought a subscription to McAfee yet.
Last call. Unless I see some evidence that Norton/Symantec has begun supporting our Constitution and civil rights, I'll be placing an order to McAfee later today.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2018 12:48 pm
@oralloy,
You might want to do some research into McAfee.
oralloy

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 02:04 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
You might want to do some research into McAfee.
Looks OK to me:
http://www.pcmag.com/business/directory/antivirus/1556-mcafee-antivirus-plus
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Sun 22 May, 2022 06:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
All he said was to reflect on people killing people in Indiana. I would have to see exactly what horrible things he was talking about. That being said "in his early life" ( what that means ?? ) when he was a child or teenager or twenties ???

It sounds like he took part in racism and discrimination rather then actually want to sound anything against it.

John Schnatter donated $1,000 to former president Donald Trump's campaign and he argued that Obamacare would cost Papa John's $5-8 million annually and ultimately drive up the price of pizza.

1. That is a small donation. I know a guy who does reality who donated tens of thousands.

2. White people are alienated towards ____. That is it. You have to understand some people come from places in the world where others kinds of people are limited. Indiana is one of them.

3. He does not deserve to die. Guy wants to be honest then he should write a book about all the atrocities he came to witness, describe names, and locations, including conversations and truths lesser known. That would clear his name.

Guy is just alienated.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 10:18:49