Must there be a base article of matter?

Jazzfreak13

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 08:38 pm
I find that even though we can sit here and argue about the validity of opinions and jump down each other's throats, but we are really just frolicking in a quixotic realm deep within us. I believe that everyone has a right and responsibility to share their opinions as they are fundamentally the same as every one of us and at the subatomic level we are all the same. Just particles of whatever wandering around a world of more of the same thing as us.

Saying this I feel that not only are time and speed relative, but that science is in itself relative. The majority of scientists wonder why everything is the way it is (well, I guess they all do). Why a top quark has the mass it does or why the tau weighs so much more than an electron. It all can be relative because in another world, parallel universe or angelic vision, these particles could have completely different values and still work to create our universe. There doesn't seem like there can be a scientific explanation because this "stuff" makes up science. Only when we change our laws to calculate for something determining itself can we truly "understand" to the best of our ability (in a relative sense) the world around us.

It was pointless arguing the possibility of guessing a theory to come because we all have a right to express our opinions as we want. I don't belong here but I have a right to be here. I'm only 15 and I don't know what the hell I am talking about, but I can talk about it. Thank you for listening and tell me if I am crazy of if my "wack" ideas even make you say hmm a bit.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 03:22 am
rosbourne, you know I'm a mathematical wildebeest, but tell me, if I could demonstrate that matter was infinitely divisible, would that prove that there is no base particle?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 07:02 am
Eorl wrote:
rosbourne, you know I'm a mathematical wildebeest, but tell me, if I could demonstrate that matter was infinitely divisible, would that prove that there is no base particle?

Hi Eorl, from one Wildebeast to another, I really don't know. Smile Sorry.

Brandon might be able to answer that from a more methematical perspective.
0 Replies