0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 12:56 pm
Well, I took the test...some of those were a lil hard for me. Embarrassed

<<<<<<VERY bored at work.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 01:05 pm
I just took the test too. Waiting to find out how I did.....
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 01:14 pm
I was 1 color off on #4.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 01:34 pm
I got 15 right.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 01:39 pm
Double the average, boomerang. Not bad, not bad at all...
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 01:47 pm
I love those kind of games, CI. Thanks for posting it.

I found myself sitting here thinking..... "I've looked at that a million times" and searching my brain for the answer.

That Campell's Soup one though... that was a tricky one.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 01:49 pm
paulaj wrote:
I was 1 color off on #4.

me too!! Laughing
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 01:50 pm
You're welcome! I enjoyed it too. Wink
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 01:54 pm
Ditto c. i. Nice thread. It was certainly a brain teaser. Well done.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 05:02 pm
Got your answers ci ..........I got 19 right, but alot of those were guesses. So I reckon I was just lucky. :wink:

And thank-you again for providing some diversion at work....I sure needed it!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 05:08 pm
I got 14, but it should have been 16.

It must be an old test because the 2 Canadian coin questions are wrong.

It was fun though :-D Thanks CI :-)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 05:18 pm
Montana, What are the correct answers for the Canadian coin questions?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 05:25 pm
I'll PM them to you.
0 Replies

markr

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 11:21 pm
I got 24 (no cheating - honest). I got lucky on several educated guesses. I missed 3, 4, and 20.
0 Replies

markr

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 11:26 pm
Re: How observant are you?
theantibuddha wrote:
6. When you walk does your left arm swing with your right or left leg?

Depends on your training.

Try walking with your left arm swinging with your left leg. You're correct. You'd have to be "trained" to do that. It is completely unnatural.
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 11:27 pm
Assuming that there is any "correct" answer given for question ten then that answer is wrong. Corriolis force is not sufficiently strong to affect which way water flows down a drain, the belief that it is is a common misconception that has been quite thoroughly debunked.

Bad Coriolis

Here's a good description regarding this effect.
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 11:31 pm
Re: How observant are you?
markr wrote:
Try walking with your left arm swinging with your left leg. You're correct. You'd have to be "trained" to do that. It is completely unnatural.

For you perhaps. In Japan it is held that people who walk with their left arm and left leg are naturals for sumo wrestling.
0 Replies

IHateForums

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 10:59 pm
How over-observant are you?
Stop sign in which country? ?

What is a standard car? ??

?

Hot dog buns? Do a Google image search of "hot dog buns" and the first one will be an 8 pack, then a few rows down is a 6 pack.

By the way, I got 27. I knew what they were asking for. Damn I hate those quizzes.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 02:10 am
LOL - this was a fun one. Thanks, c. i. - I really enjoyed it. Some of 'em I did hafta ponder a bit. Naturally, I DO have a few nits to pick - nobody surprised by that, I imagine Laughing

For #7, the answer would depend on what you considered a "Standard Pack" - a typical book of cardboard matches, or one of the various packaging schemes employed for wooden matches? Cardboard book matches commonly are 20 matches per book, though 10, 30, and 40 are not uncommon configurations. Wooden"Kitchen" matches typicaly are retailed in individual 250-count containers, and the smaller wooden "Penny Matches" most often are sold in 50-count or 100-count units.

There's no real answer for #9 either; technically, the FM ("Frequency Modulation'") Broadcast Band is 88MHz to 108 MHz, however in North America, FM broadcast stations are regulated to lay between 87.9 MHz and 107.9 MHz. Typically, higher-end home FM tuners will show - and tune to - a lowest number of 87.5, while portable and automobile receivers will usually have a lowest number of 87.7, and if that isn't confusing enough, the Japanese FM Broadcast band is the much narrower spectrum between 76 Mhz and 90 MHz, while an even narrower spectrum, 66 MHz to 74 MHz, was used in the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact nations, but all have adopted the current European standard since the fall of the Soviet Union. The Western FM broadcast band lies between standard VHF television channel 6 (the audio for which is at 87.75 MHZ) and the frequencies immediately above 108 which are allocated to aircraft navigation and communication - interestingly, chiefly in the AM, or Amplitude Modulation, broadcast mode.

Finally, the "which way does water drain in which hemisphere" thing is a myth; the direction of the drainflow vortex is dependent upon the residual motion of the water in the contanier, the shape of the container, and the positioning of the drain outlet relative to the surfaces of the container and that of the liquid contained therein, so there's no "right answer" for #11, either.

I have no idea what decorates the reverse of Canadian coins, or, for that matter, their obverse, I'm sorry to admit. Of the 24 questions that have definitive answers, I got 22. Without resortin' to any reference aids. Took a while, though.
0 Replies