Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 10:40 am
Hi! My hubby and I are considering a Mastiff. Iwas wondering how much they weight at 1 year. We are living in an apartment with a 100lb weight limit but we will only be there for 1 year. The chances are the puppy will only be about 6-7 months old when we move out but I don't want it to be over the weight limit. Any information? I know they get to be 180-220 lbs (males) when they are adults. My question is how heavy they are from 2 months to 1 year. Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,042 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 11:13 am
your best bet for finding this out would probably be to contact a mastiff breeder...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 12:27 pm
I've already contacted a breeder and I think we are going with them but since Mastiff's are all different, I thought I would see if anyone owned one. Variety. Just a small sample study if you will. :wink:
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 12:37 pm
Have you checked with your insurance company? Some companies will not carry insurance on "breeds with reputations" and I think mastiffs are on that list. You could lose your F/T/L coverage.

I just Googled and this seems to be a popular site--among many other sites.

http://www.bull-mastiff-dogs.com/
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 01:17 pm
I am getting an English Mastiff, not a Bullmastiff.

I don't know why they would have a reputation. They are not agressive at all and rarely attack.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 01:20 pm
I had a neighbor with a Mastiff...it was one of the friendliest laid back dogs I've met. Things drool like nuts though.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 01:23 pm
They are extremely gentle dogs, despite their size. Gentle Giants.

I can't wait to get one.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 01:24 pm
The do like to lean and yes, they do drool. But usually only after eating or drinking and when they get winded or excited.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 01:58 pm
Bella Dea--

I could be way off base, but I'd still check with your insurance company. If "Mastiff" is in their computer without modifications.....

The world is full of people--starting with me--who act decisively on insufficient information. Some of them are in insurance.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 03:25 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Bella Dea--

I could be way off base, but I'd still check with your insurance company. If "Mastiff" is in their computer without modifications.....

The world is full of people--starting with me--who act decisively on insufficient information. Some of them are in insurance.

Laughing yeah, I hear ya. We haven't made a decision for or against anything yet. It might be a while before we get a dog, period. I was just wanting to hear from actual owners. Other than a breeder.
0 Replies