Three Cheers For Craven and Jespah

blatham

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 10:14 am
Ms Jes and Mr Craven

Thank you kindly for the invite and the fine welcome. And for this wonderful architecture I find myself within, populated by individuals of the highest calibre. Herb (he prefers 'erb', being a boutique stallion) and I have come to right wrongs, to come to the rescue of maidens in need of status reassignment, and to stand foursquare against evil.
0 Replies

cobalt

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 11:21 am
No one could ask for a better combination of go-gettin'-forum-starters than this team of Craven and Jespah!

I continue experimenting with html on a variety of websites I have, and am really wild about blogging, so more efforts are going that direction. Maybe I could contribute in the Internet forums re: bloggin.

Hey, I really enjoy this whole forum! To start up with folks you "know" is a marvelous opportunity! Imagine and remember how long it took *us* all to get to know each other, and then here *we* are together. It's "Abuzz Lite - all the robust flavor and head, less the fizz".

Thanks Craven and Jespah!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 11:57 am
Celebrate! http://www.maylin.net/Fireworks.html

Turn down your speakers (particularly if you're at work), as people will think you're shooting at them. And be sure to click quickly and repeatedly for the grand finale. Enjoy! :-D

This link is courtesy my husband (well, he found it; he didn't design it).
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 12:36 pm
Yes, three cheers and a bottle of rum

or something like that

Fine job

Bravo

and

Thank you!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 09:05 pm
My morning post done disappeared! Gone!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 09:06 pm
no, it didn't....ok...I'll get this figured out, I mean, hell I'm a mountie
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 11:04 pm
I have to add. The more time I spend here, acquainting myself with the twists and turns of this site, the happier I am with it. What Craven and Jespah have given us is a new life as an abuzz family. Isn't it nice to be without the imposters and mean people? But most of all, I love the way the site works. And there are many features Abuzz never had. Thanks again, you two.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2002 08:56 am
We're still working on having your computer deliver a small cheese pizza (sorry, no toppings, as the database isn't big enough) in the CD tray. Oh, and you might want to reheat it, as it'll only come out the same temperature as the interior of your PC.

A developer's work is never done ....
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2002 12:33 pm
I'd wonder how much of a database would be required to mix Godiva
chocolate martinis? Drunk
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2002 01:03 pm
I blush that I'm so late in adding my heartfelt thanks. Abuzz was -- is -- getting impossible. Craven and Jespah have rescued us with a site that is head-and-shoulders above the 'buzz. I hope y'all don't mind, but while I was in New York yesterday, meeting up with some Abuzzers, I talked the site up to pfkflyer, Peace & Love, Riman (Roberta), Semiotterly and Here Comes Everybody. They will likely join up at some near date.

Again, Craven and Jespahm thank you!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2002 12:19 pm
Ah, I finally found this post! I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, MA. Word of mouth is fine; my only thing is that we're still in Beta testing mode. Yeah, the site looks slick and all (woo-hoo, Craven! :-D), but we still have a lot to do. So, we don't want to get overwhelmed right away. Hence, can you give us another week or two before chatting us up again (assuming you will)? It would help us if we had a little more time to wash the dishes and make the beds, so to speak. Thank you!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2002 12:40 pm
Quick note: One big reason that we are in Beta is that the Help link and the contact like are not live. I will finish this this weekend. Additionally I just finished a "tell a friend" script so that will be a feature that is added this weekend.

I'm going out to an Irish pub in a few minutes to eat Chili (go figure, but it's the only place with decent chili in São Paulo) with some friends so I won't put up this feature just yet but it should be "live" by tomorrow.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2002 03:01 pm
I am hysterical with happiness. I was looking for a certain thread in which to post my limerick. I had forgotten exactly where it was.

I went to the SEARCH feature, and typed in "Duelling Doggerel". Up popped the thread that I wanted, not the 200 unrelated threads that I used to get when I attempted to search Abuzz.

Kudos and ((((hugs)))) to you Craven!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2002 04:19 pm
Search feature? I didn't know that. I did track down a discussion by going to a profile and viewing all the members interactions. Have done this on abuzz too, but s-l-o-w-l-y. Obviously, this woud be a bigger chore with some members than others.

I wouldn't worry a lot about the Help feature, Craven. I've never even tried it out to see if it works and am managing to get around without it. I mention that because I'm not whatcha' call a computer whiz.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2002 05:31 pm
What Roger said!

Yay!
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2002 07:11 pm
Ditto here. Who needs 'Help' when we've got Craven and jespah and all the other computer whizzes around to ask.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2002 07:18 pm
I have links to both Abuzz and Able2Know on my desktop. I never log out, so I just have to click once (I have programmed my computer to do EVERYTHING one click) to get into the sites.

In the last few days, out of habit, I have clicked Abuzz, thinking that it was Able2Know. I quickly realize my mistake, when nothing goes on. Able2Know is sooo much faster. What a pleasure. Very Happy
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 07:49 pm
Tons of Thanks for this wonderful site and for allowing me to participate. I've been so busy flitting around I didn't notice this thread until just now. Embarrassed I love these little emoticons. And my own Avatar, too. How great can it get? Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 04:51 pm
Yes, yes, yes to all of the above comments! Craven & Jespah, you have done an amazing job. My mind just boggles at the hours you must have (& still do) put into A2K. And your obvious expertise. Wow.
It's a delight to be here ... Thank you!
0 Replies