Koran predicted 9/11?

Ray

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 04:59 pm
I hear that there's a passage 9:11, where it predict the 9/11 attack. That's pretty creepy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,475 • Replies: 12
No top replies

silversturm

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 06:17 pm
A Google search reveals that passage 9:11 in the Koran is:

But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, they are your brethren in faith; and We make the communications clear for a people who know.

If that's it, I'm not sure how closely that relates to 9/11.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 07:08 pm
Ray-

The hoax you are thinking of claimed that a (non existent) passage in the Koran predicted the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan. I think it was Nostradamus that "predicted" the WTC attack.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 10:45 pm
Hmm, my friend told me about it, I'll ask him tommorrow.

The nostradamus one is a hoax. Apparently someone sent e-mails claiming that he wrote a quatrain that is in fact non-existent.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 03:28 am
Okay, my friend looked it up on google, and it so happens that it's passage 11:9.
0 Replies

raheel

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 05:16 am
YUSUFALI: If We give man a taste of Mercy from Ourselves, and then withdraw it from him, behold! he is in despair and (falls into) blasphemy.
PICKTHAL: And if we cause man to taste some mercy from Us and afterward withdraw it from him, lo! he is despairing, thankless.
SHAKIR: And if We make man taste mercy from Us, then take it off from him, most surely he is despairing, ungrateful.

I think 11:8 is more interesting:

YUSUFALI: If We delay the penalty for them for a definite term, they are sure to say, "What keeps it back?" Ah! On the day it (actually) reaches them, nothing will turn it away from them, and they will be completely encircled by that which they used to mock at!
PICKTHAL: And if We delay for them the doom until a reckoned time, they will surely say: What withholdeth it? Verily on the day when it cometh unto them, it cannot be averted from them, and that which they derided will surround them.
SHAKIR: And if We hold back from them the punishment until a stated period of time, they will certainly say: What prevents it? Now surely on the day when it will come to them, it shall not be averted from them and that which they scoffed at shall beset them.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 05:30 am
I think Nostradamus's prediction went something like-Birds in the burning sky of the New City.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 06:17 am
Toothfairy stuff .. . widely popular among folks disinclined to accept life and the world as they really are. Some disappointment for the fairytale set from the real world:

Snopes, the Q'uran, and 9/11

Urban Legends: Nostradamus, 9/11? No way.

Nostrodamus & 9/11: The Real Scoop
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 06:24 am
I found a tampon wrapper in the bathroom wastebasket this morning. I predict no sex tonight.

MY GOD, I'M A PROPHET!!!!!!!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 07:14 am
You are the all seeing all knowing Holy one.You saw the red river.I bow to you.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 07:19 am
material girl wrote:
You are the all seeing all knowing Holy one.You saw the red river.I bow to you.

Hey I've even parted it a couple of times :wink:
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 07:21 am
He he he...I am such an idiot...I thought the title read Korean Predicted 9/11. I expected to read about a Korean psychic. I am somewhat disappointed.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 07:41 am
Bella Dea wrote:
He he he...I am such an idiot...I thought the title read Korean Predicted 9/11. I expected to read about a Korean psychic. I am somewhat disappointed.

Psychic's of any flavor have a way of turnin' out to be disappointin' in general, don't they?
0 Replies