Blanket statement about women may make a great conversation

BorisKitten

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 02:46 pm
Tenoch wrote:
all i'm saying is, "where are the female girls who want to play sports? where are the girls who can supports their sisters by buying tickets?

They're all home putting on make-up and wanting to grow up to be Princesses.

Sad.

But who taught them this, anyway? Obvious answer: older women.

WHY?
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 03:44 pm
So you admit it. It's not ALL us mens fault!! wheew.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 04:01 pm
BorisKitten wrote:
The problem is that women have divided into two camps: the "stay-at-homes" and the "works." The fact is, neither one is right or wrong, and we do not have the right to tell any other woman what to do with her life. But that's not how it's seen: stay-at-homes are called lazy and incompetent, works are called "ball-busters" who hate men. Cripes! The WHOLE POINT of Feminism is that we are all the same gender, and therefore we have equal interests the things that really matter to us! What matters? Getting rid of sexism once and for all (oh, good luck!)!

I feel like I keep saying the same thing, that if Feminism has failed, it may well be the fault of women. This division into 2 "camps" was created by, and is maintained by, women.

And it's up to a mother (I think) to teach her daughter it's OK to be a Astronaut or an Auto Mechanic, but I don't get the impression this is what women are teaching their children....at least, not when I see the behavior of young women.

That's the whole tragedy: we are disabling ourselves.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 11:41 am
Agreed.
We as women may say OVER AND OVER again, it is ok to do this, it is ok to do that.. blah blah blah...
Problem with that?
We are saying that while we are in front of the mirror asking " does this make me look fat?"
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 05:12 pm
Now here we can blame society (in the US) and say, oh, society says Thin Is More Important Than Smart....yet, if society is half female (or more than half), who's to blame for these views?

I often think of that old Eagles' song, which says,
"So often times it happens
that we live our lives in chains
and we never even know we have the key."

We're holding the key thinking, dang, why are men so bad?

It ain't men, sisters. It ain't men at all.
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 11:47 pm
And the truth shall set you free!!!
0 Replies

duce

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 02:15 pm
I think it starts early-

Pink=Girl
Blue=Boy

Then it's Big Boys don't Cry and Act like a Lady

AND at some point it becomes a competition:

Remember Spelling Bees: Boys vs Girls

OR Can any of you remember being asked what you wanted to be when you grew up and saying
"A Father"?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/13/2024 at 01:53:15