My cat is lost!

Piffka

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 10:07 pm
Steve! Haha... Nice to see your smiling posts.

Good news about your kitty, deroscoe. If I were you, I'd start training it/him/her to enjoy the sound of tapping on the food can, shaking of the food sack or just a happy rumble from an electric can opener. Just tap, shake or rumble for a bit before feeding every day. You'll get a Pavlovian kitty! I'm glad the cat came back.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 05:56 am
Hi Piffka.

What colour was the paint? I can imagine some cats being very particular.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 09:18 am
And he'll end up just like Pavlov and the dog, too, Pif. Now, every time a dog salivates, a behavorial psychologist has to ring a bell. It has to get old.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 10:22 am
I love the sound of bells...
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 01:22 pm
'gettin hungry
0 Replies

deroscoe12090

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 06:24 pm
More Info
Just so you all know my cat Turtle has gained majority of his weight back and is back to his usual habits like hanging around my other cats and looking for more food right after i feed him
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 06:27 pm
That's awesome. Thanks for the update :-D
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 02:57 am
Its no good just feeding him deroscoe

The underlying cause of the problem is still there. He might well take off again...

Have you considered psychotherapy? I recommend a good pet relationship counsellor. You and turtle will be able to sit down in a neutral environment and talk about it. Even if it doesn't always appear useful at the time, just getting Turtle to open up about whats bothering him can be a great help.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 08:51 am
Love the name... is he green?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 11:20 am
We could ask the same about your cat Piffka, after your poured paint all over him.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 11:26 am
What's up with the psychotherapy, Steve. All cats are psycho. It's their normal condition. I know; I've got three of them.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 11:45 am
From your avatar, it looks like it!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 11:47 am
Turtle's just lucky. My barrel must be bent.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:35 pm
Um, maybe that's why poor, little Reggovitch is always in a sweat.

Cjhsa - hisssss
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 01:56 pm
One of my two cats found out early on how to open my kitchen cabinets, and since they close by themselves, I "lost" him for a good while in the pantry.

Also, they can't resist the sound of my crinkling (as if to open) the bag of cat treats - usually makes them come running, if they're nowhere to be seen.

Good luck - 3 days is reasonable to be worried about.
0 Replies

deroscoe12090

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 04:44 pm
I've read most of the posts already and have some things to say.
Steve my cat doesn't need therapy he's not psyco, plus isn't it kind of weird to bring a cat to therapy. A cats a cat its not like their human (they cant talk).
And your all probably wondering why I named my cat Turtle. My cat's back looks like a turtle shell design and when I first got him when he was a kitten he walked slow and hid in places.
And just so you all know my cat is fully trained and was also before he was lost . he does respond to things like tapping on the cat food can, shaking the cat food bag, and things like that. Plus not only does he know that but he can play fetch actually it's quite funny. I have mardi gra bead necklaces and stuff so he responds to that bead noise and he'll come running up the stairs or out from where ever he is hiding. And when I throw it he'll chase after it and pick it up in his mouth and bring it back to me.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 05:11 pm
Of course he's psycho. He's a cat. No, he doesn't need therapy - for the same reason.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 04:23 am
A cats a cat its not like their human (they cant talk).

Thanks deroscoe, that's cleared a lot up in my household.

And Roger, now this is confusing things again.

Cats are by definition psychotic. So if they start painting....

http://www.cerebromente.org.br/n07/fastfacts/esquizo_i.htm
0 Replies

deroscoe12090

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 10:21 pm
well its true he can be psyco but its not like hes insane.
0 Replies