My cat is lost!

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 10:05 am
I lost my cat about 3 days ago and i can't find him anywhere in my house.
The reason why i looked in my house first instead of out side is because my cat is afraid of the outdoors. what should i do? where would you look?
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,402 • Replies: 38
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 10:12 am
First, make sure he's not inside. They get locked in closets, and all kinds of places. Don't know where you are, or what the weather is, but this might be a good time to start leaving the doors open. After three days, he's probably not in the house, but wants to be. It's definately too early to give up.
0 Replies

deroscoe12090

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 10:24 am
what are the most usual places a cat would hide?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 10:39 am
Underneath things, sepecially cars.

Lost housecats are usually scared, though. Even of you. About all you can do is make yourself and the house available, and wait him out. Scared or not, he's not likely to come running just because you call.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 10:45 am
You might want to put up a "Missing Cat" sign in your neighborhood, use bright neon paper.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 10:47 am
Does your cat know the sound of an electric can opener? ... or the tapping on a can of kitty food?

Calling the cat is a good idea, specially early in the morning and later in the evening because there is less other noise to interfere with your voice carrying long distances.

Can you spend some time outside listening to quiet music, rustling papers and occasionally calling?
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 10:48 am
If the cat is scared chances are he's close to home but panic may have him/her disoriented. Nevertheless the cat has to eat. Chances are a neighbor unable to identify it will have fed it and the cat took refuge in the house. This has happened to me before. Post notices in the neighborhood for someone may have spotted it and give you a clue as to where it's been seen.
0 Replies

Newt

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 08:58 pm
Don't forget to look in the garage or basement if you have them. Our cat was locked in the garage for a day and we didn't hear him.

Newt
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 09:09 pm
Check the bottoms of your box springs and mattresses. I "lost" a cat who was simply hiding on the ceiling of under the bed.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 09:14 pm
post signs for sure! Cats also hide under porches, under houses (if you live where basements aren't common). I find shaking the food bowl almost always does it.
0 Replies

deroscoe12090

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 10:46 pm
Thank you for your help i tried a lot of these things none of them worked but might later if I lose my cat again. my cat was not in the house but outside the whole time. where? I don't know he just came home one night with my other cat following behind him. he lost weight but hes beginning to gain it back.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Once again thanks for your help
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 10:48 pm
Yay!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 11:09 pm
Awesome. I just love a happy ending :-D
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 11:54 pm
What a relief. Now, do you bust his chops for running off, or love him for coming back?
0 Replies

Newt

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 05:25 am
Hi Deroscoe,

Thank you so very much for letting us know. I would recommend that you take your cat to the vet for a check up. When cats lose weight due ot lack of food, they can develop health problems that can be long lasting, most specifically kidney and thyroid function can be threatened. I work with a rescue and have seen this.

Best of luck,
Newt
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 05:39 am
He was lost and now he's found. Truly the Lord's doing.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 05:40 am
Dont forget to take him to church on Sunday. And don't lose him.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 09:05 am
I shudder at the thought of an unbaptised cat, which reminds me of a story about a fly that nibbled on a communion wafer immediately before being swatted. Cool conversations with St. Pete followed.

Welcome back, Steve.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 06:19 am
Hi Roger

Thanks. Smile
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 01:30 pm
roger wrote:
I shudder at the thought of an unbaptised cat, which reminds me of a story about a fly that nibbled on a communion wafer immediately before being swatted. Cool conversations with St. Pete followed.

Welcome back, Steve.

I baptised my cat in the tub the other day after she knocked a container of paint all over herself, LOL!

She didn't like it Evil or Very Mad But the good thing about it is that she doesn't come near me when I'm painting anymore :-D
0 Replies