Do we owe Muslims another apology?

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 11:48 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
It seems our left did not notice the many other E.U. and free countries voting right wing so that the foul religions can be criticized.

Eastern European countries have made it quite clear how they feel about Islam and how it devours cultures by refusing to assimilate and using the host countries laws against them.

The damage Islam has done and continues to do is so patently obvious the denial from the EU would be comical if it was not so sad.

I agree that the E U screwed things up.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 11:59 am
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:

In relation to the original post - our OP obviously didn't watch the video properly. Maajid Nawaz is one of the most progressive muslims you'll find. He wasn't at all suggesting an apology.

He was saying that applying lower standards to different cultures actually holds back the development of other cultures, and helps entrench the worst parts of them. And if you read between the lines...the inference is that holding other cultures to lower standards helps extremist views within those cultures.

Nawaz by the way, is head of an anti-extremist (of all sorts) organisation. He has a very interesting book call The Radical. A friend of his, Ed Husain wrote just as interesting book called The Islamist. Both are the stories of their radicalisation, and deradicalisation. The interesting thing about reading both books, is not just their individual reasons for radicalisation, but that they both took different paths to radicalisation. And they leave it fairly clear that there are also other paths to radicalisation.

Progressive Muslims would progress right out of Islam.

All Muslims contribute to what Islam is and does by supporting it.

Just as every Catholic that puts his cash in the collection basket contribute to the air fare used to move and put pedophiles into a new hunting ground.

Use all the labels you like to try to split the good Muslims from the bad ones but you are wasting your time. If the soop is rotten, all in it will be as well.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 12:01 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

coldjoint wrote:

Islam owes the world an explanation of why they feel they should kill, lie, rape, subvert, and hate anything non-Islamic besides their religion telling them to.

It would be nice to know what else entitles them to do these things. And why their way of life must be inflicted on others by any means necessary. Since there are no answers forthcoming why aren't we treating Islam like Christianity, or heaven forbid, the Jews. Shun them, and insult them too.

Why is it acceptable in Western society to say nothing about an obvious serious problem? Is it the violence? Yes, it is. Is it the money, yes it is. Or is it the emasculated leadership that arrests critics and allows Islamic countries tell us about human rights.

But back to religion, why is Islam allowed their fantasy? Christians are told there is no God. Do we ever tell Muslims there is no Allah? No, we don't. Why?

What you ask mimics many right wingers who asked the same questions and since the left was not doing that asking, we earned Trump.

It seems our left did not notice the many other E.U. and free countries voting right wing so that the foul religions can be criticized.

Regards
DL

LOL so roughly one third of the human race need to be hold accountable for the actions of their fringe groups?

Somehow I do not think that you would care to have the same standard apply to Christianity now or in it history.

So you are willing to bear the shame for the torture and the murders and the child rapes that had been done either in the name of Jesus or make possible by the cover the Christian churches had provided?

Let me be clear.

Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/theft-values/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxoxPapPxXk

Humanity centered religions, good? Yes. Esoteric ecumenist Gnostic Christianity being the best of these.

Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes. Islam and Christianity being the worst of these.

Regards
DL

0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 12:10 pm
@Amoh5,
Amoh5 wrote:

I notice that English is not your first language, and you still refuse to read Lord Jesus's gospels properly. He was mainly talking about the law, the ten commandments and fulfilling them, he wasn't condoning any immoral behaviour in any of the books of the old testament, what kind of a nutcase are you?

That is not quite true. The Christian no divorce policy was upheld by Jesus and that is demonstrably immoral as it would force people to live in abusive or loveless situations.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2018 06:30 pm
@Greatest I am,
Perhaps you misunderstand my post, or perhaps you redirect it on purpose - I was pointing out that you misinterpreted a video you used as the foundation of your OP.

The argument over whether the religion is good or bad, is a separate debate.

Quote:
Use all the labels you like to try to split the good Muslims from the bad ones but you are wasting your time. If the soop is rotten, all in it will be as well.
That's the problem isn't it - they aren't all eating the same soup.

It should be pointed out, that I don't like Islam's holy texts, nor the history of how it expanded. That said, what you write is illustrating a very simplistic version. It doesn't reflect reality. It is a view likely to create prejudice and intolerance against good people.
0 Replies

daverod

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2018 11:20 am
Do we owe Muslims another apology?

Why will the Christians being persecuted by Muslims not also be owed an apology?

This is how I see the persecution going on between the two. Muslims persecute 'outside' of Law, the law of the land. Christians live a certain 'kind' of life within the Law, the law of the land, which many find to be persecutory in a way.

What is the 'law' of the land? Both the written and the unwritten 'laws' of the land are the Laws of the land. Culture and Establishments, unwritten, are as 'laws' of the land. It would be 'unlawful' for me to enter into Afghanistan promoting Lebanese lifestyles although to do so is not 'illegal', as an example. And if all the Lebanese in Afghanistan claimed to be of Coptic Christianity, Afghanistan might say that the Coptic Christian 'persons' are persecuting those living in Afghanistan. Disturbing the 'peace' within the Countries is unlawful.

So who travels land and sea to cause upheavals to the Established 'peace' within those places? Christians? Muslims? Coptic Christians? Probably not. Probably not any true believer but probably the true 'non believer(s)' who claims to be a believer of a certain faith are the ones causing the upheavals. If they are unbelievers, why would they fear to 'lie'?

True believers believe in Righteousness. They believe in working and having a good family life and they believe in good family morals and ethics and principles. They have daily responsibilities they tend to, both in their personal family life as well as to the community they live within. The 'non believers' might have different ideas and ideals. They might not believe in working and having good family life and good family morals and ethics and principles. They might not have daily responsibilities they tend to, both in their personal family life as well as to the community they live within.

And 'non believers' do not come in only 1 color or 'sex'. They come in many forms. Some 'white', some 'black', some 'asian', some 'european', etc...
0 Replies

daverod

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2018 11:37 am
Should the 'non believers' be owed 'another' apology?

To both the male and female 'sexes'?

I claim to be Christian but live an non Christian, or just very basically, a non Lawful life. I claim to be a Muslim but live a non Muslim, or just very basically, a non Lawful life. But I go about my day living unlawfully. Am I truly, really, a believer, at all? Regardless if I claim myself to be a 'Christian' or 'Muslim'?

I can 'claim to be' any thing if I do not have any 'fear' of The LORD.

I can 'claim to be' a Virgin even though I might be known by many to not be.

Which goes back to the believers' question. 'How and why would a lady give herself away so easily like that to such males'?

If they wanted to 'give' themselves away so easily, wouldn't it be better if she did so to the 'respectable' males rather than the disrespectable males?

At least the respectable males would still be able to keep the law(s) of the land and not cause any upheavals, right? And at least they are not 'wanted' men with the Law of the land(s) also, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ldCPlMwQbQ

...'I don't care'...

0 Replies

daverod

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2018 11:55 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGj4_CFgH4c

'It doesn't matter if you love 'him' or 'him' or even that one. Put your paws up because you were 'born' this way'.

'Sorry, I don't have paws. I have hands. Paws are as and for dogs' feet. Are you telling me to put my 'feet' up because I was born this way'?

Make this into the 'Anthem' of 'gay pride'? To put your 'feet' up baby, cause you were born this way?

Isn't this a violation of 'human rights' or 'civil rights'? Why did the ACLU not step in for this one?

And the 'world' expects the Parents to 'respect' their own children who live by this 'motto'? 'Put your feet up, baby, cause you were 'Born' this way'? Mama and Papa didn't raise no Paws.

18 years or so of payments for school and books and foods and clothing and housing wasn't raising 'paws'.

Please don't 'disrespect' me because I respect Parents.

So how can a person begin 'getting right' again? Start by showing 'honour thy father and mother' which is the first Commandment with promise. That it will go well with you and that you will live a long life on the land your God gives to you.
0 Replies