From Yahoo.com on Trump's term of office

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 4 May, 2018 08:08 pm
@roger,
Sorry. I missed the joke.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 5 May, 2018 03:47 am
@cicerone imposter,
Clearly he's joking. Don't be so quick to post, this isn't the first time a joke has shot over your head.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Sat 5 May, 2018 06:47 am
@cicerone imposter,
roger wrote:

Your mind runs in strange channels.

Yep. It's a watery mess up there, as evidenced by the amount of gook that runs out of my nose whenever I get the flu. Or read about Trump approval rates.

Also, she? is a he.

cicerone imposter wrote:

Sorry. I missed the joke.

No problem. I wasn't offended. Smile Also, I'm happy that my personal opinion is worth nothing, since that means I can freely dish it out whenever I want without worrying whether I'm selling myself short. Smile

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 May, 2018 06:53 am
Trump is set to run the Nobel categories this next time.
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 5 May, 2018 07:02 am
@edgarblythe,

he is certainly qualified to serve on the panel...
Quote:
The Swedish Academy, the 232-year-old panel of writers and scholars that has conferred the prize since 1901, announced that it would take the extraordinary step of postponing this year’s award until next year, when it will name two winners — something it has not done since delaying the 1949 prize, bestowed on William Faulkner in 1950.

The academy said it would focus on rebuilding public trust, on restoring a reputation tarnished by a wide-ranging scandal that has divided Sweden’s normally consensual society and even drawn in the royal family as unwitting players.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 May, 2018 07:03 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Trump is set to run the Nobel categories this next time.

Guess I should point out this is meant for humor. Reality and fantasy are juxtaposed in these times. One never knows, do one? [Fats Waller quote]
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 May, 2018 07:04 am
@Region Philbis,
I was composing my post at the same time you were composing yours.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 5 May, 2018 08:40 am
@edgarblythe,
That's a frightening thought! LOL
Blickers

Reply Mon 7 May, 2018 12:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Irish bookmaker Paddy Power is laying 7-5 odds Trump won't finish his first term:
https://i.imgur.com/xM3O8xk.jpg
Paddy Power
That means that so many are betting that Trump won't finish his term that if they bet that way, they have to bet $7 to get $5 back.
oralloy

Reply Mon 7 May, 2018 05:37 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Irish bookmaker Paddy Power is laying 7-5 odds Trump won't finish his first term:

I wish one of those places where Americans can legally bet would offer a bet on "Trump finishing two full terms and then Republicans winning the next three presidential elections after that".

Just think of the money I'd be able to make!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 May, 2018 11:54 am
@Blickers,
We can hope, can't we? I don't think it's gonna happen with a republican congress. Trump isn't gonna leave on his own recognisance. It's the narcissism that'll prevent such a move; he loves the title too much. Even his poor approval rating isn't gonna move the mountain.
0 Replies