J-B

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 05:40 am
see what category Reuters places this article in Smile

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/aponline/7873.718PRINCE-CHARLES-MARRIAGE.sff.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,009 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 06:02 am
ENTERTAINMENT! Laughing

Hey, the US has their movie and rock stars, and Great Britain has their royals.

Personally, I don't give a rat's ass whether they marry or not. I really think (from what I have gleaned from the media) that Charlie boy really gave Diana a nasty time of it. There is a certain karmic injustice that the "happy couple" are considering wedlock, whild poor Diana moulders in the ground.
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 06:19 am
Honestly , to me, it is just a sort of entertainment, nothing more.
0 Replies

georgie

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 09:10 am
Good luck to them i say.Charles was prevented from marrying Camilla (because she is Catholic) before he ever met Diana. Some may not like to admit it but Diana also gave Charles a hard time(numerous affairs)
I think that The Queen has learnt from the terribly sad life and death of her sister margret who was also prevented from marring the man she loved and went on to live a sad lonely life as an alcoholic drug user, maybe she has put the happiness of her son before the opinions of others.
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone!!!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 02:56 pm
I wish health and happiness to an Organic Gardener.

Charles chose to marry a 19 year old with emotional problems--and then he paid.

Remember, Diana had a faithful butler, but was unable to keep any other domestic help because her irrational tantrums. Even today when things go wrong belowstairs at Buckingham Palace, the maids nudge each other and whisper, "Princess Di's back riding her broomstick today."

Let her rest in peace.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 07:06 pm
This is almost an epilogue for Charles and Camilla. William faces a life of this petty garbage. God save the next king.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 07:29 pm
I can't seem to avoid their never-ending soap opera.

Charles and Diana had their irritating quirks... but she's dead and he's old. He should have been a man about it, and married the one he loved long ago. Diana would be some Viscount's shrewish, bipolar wife--but alive, and the Queen would have considerably less gray hairs.

Of course, the issue of Charles and Camilla would have been some foppish geek.

I guess William is a good trade off for all the BS endured. His mother would probably think so.

Sort of like Charles. Hope he'll be happy. Maybe now, he won't have to imagine being a tampon inside that cronish woman. Hopefully, he will be that tampon.

What a bizarre sentiment.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 07:20 am
Lash wrote:
Maybe now, he won't have to imagine being a tampon inside that cronish woman. Hopefully, he will be that tampon.

What a bizarre sentiment.

I had forgotten about the tampon wish. If the royal treasury ever needs fattening, I'm sure there's a world of feminine hygiene endorsements out there just waiting for Charlie.
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 01:35 pm
Noddy24 wrote:

Even today when things go wrong belowstairs at Buckingham Palace, the maids nudge each other and whisper, "Princess Di's back riding her broomstick today."

And you know this how Noddy?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 01:43 pm
A witch told her, Don. Just kidding. Then again, maybe it was Wally Simpson. Razz
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 01:51 pm
Don--

Gossipy article--I believe in The New Yorker. Whatever the source it was a reputable magazine, not a tabloid newspaper.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 01:55 pm
Heh! Heh! When I saw JB's topic, I thought he was referring to the group Queen. OK, I'll shut up now.
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 02:19 pm
Letty wrote:
A witch told her, Don. Just kidding. Then again, maybe it was Wally Simpson. Razz

Witch one?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 02:38 pm
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 11:21 pm
This sone has once been the symbol of our class Very Happy

We will we will rock you!
with strong knock at this drum-like cask:
http://www.yuqing.com.cn/IMAGE/PRODUCT/jsq/D08.gif Very Happy
0 Replies

carditel

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 03:21 am
Rumour has it the Queen has bought Camilla an engagement present ---- "A weekend in Paris with her own car and driver"
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 04:31 am
Laughing

If he wasn't 'defender of the faith' and royal then he could marry her and who would care? - but he married Diana knowing he didn't love her - which certainly messed up her life and tipped her over the edge into her disastrous lifestyle. His affair with Camilla carried on throughout which is disloyal, sneaky, weak and lost him all respect from a large proportion of the country.

Most people don't see the royal family as lasting much longer now and respect is at zero level - I wouldn't cross the street to see one! - in fact when Phil the Greek came to open a building I worked in I manipulated to avoid meeting him and doing the patronised bit. One fellow worker curtsied - yeeeeuuggh!!!!

only trouble is I hate the fawning adulation given to American presidents by its citizens - I find it really sickening and just the same attitude as people used to have to royalty - all pigs are equal but some are more equal than others??? people seem to have this pathetic need to have someone to put on a pedestal - and then often knock them down.

If he tries to make her queen then that I think would be the real end of the monarchy here.
0 Replies