Austin bombings

chai2

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 05:52 pm
Surprised this hasn't been brought up here.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/03/19/us/austin-explosion-bombings.html<br />

http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnews.com/content/fox-news/us/2018/03/19/cops-4-austin-bombings-show-similarities-work-serial-bomber/_jcr_content/article-text/article-par-22/inline_spotlight_ima/image.img.jpg/612/344/1521474201491.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

jespah

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 06:19 pm
@chai2,
Looks like the 4th was possibly detonated by a trip wire.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/03/18/two-injured-in-explosion-in-austin-police-say/

Are you or your family in any danger?
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 06:37 pm
I have been following the news about it.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 06:55 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Are you or your family in any danger?

Who knows? It’s been random, and in different parts of the city.

I do know if we get any packages (and many times we are expecting something, so it’s not unusual for packages to be left on our porch), we’ll certainly push at it from behind a door with a broomstick or something. I certainly won’t open it unless I see a proper shipping label with legitimate postage. If it’s something I was expecting I’ll track it to see if was a delivery made.

As far as the 2 guys involved in the last explosion on the street, it’s horrible to think that could have been anyone. Some sicko(s) just wanted to blow someone up.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 08:52 pm
That last bomb puts it in a whole new light. As many cameras there are in use these days, I hope a security camera will give a clue eventually.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2018 05:11 am
A box exploded at a Fedex in San Antonio. The scope of the bombing is expanding.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2018 07:17 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

A box exploded at a Fedex in San Antonio. The scope of the bombing is expanding.

Apparently the box was being sent to Austin.
chai2

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2018 07:37 am
@edgarblythe,
Holy crap!!!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2018 08:22 am

Updated 6 mins ago
AUSTIN, Texas -- Hours after a parcel bomb exploded at a FedEx facility near San Antonio on Tuesday morning, a suspicious package was reported at a FedEx facility in Austin.

The Austin Fire Department tweeted that a hazardous materials investigation was underway at the building on 4107 McKinney Falls Rd.

Austin Fire and Austin-Travis County EMS are assisting police with the investigation.
chai2

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2018 10:08 am
@edgarblythe,
There's a live feed going on of yet another suspect package.

This time it's in the actual FedEx store front in Sunset Valley. FYI Sunset Valley is a suburb of Austin.

The entire plaza is obviously closed off.

I won't say anything more for the moment, it's really all to confusing right now.

On the live feed people are making all sorts of speculations, and the usual nonsense. I'll wait for some hard facts.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2018 03:20 pm
And certainly it has be terrifying to be a FedEx delivery person.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2018 06:37 pm
Updated 1 min ago
AUSTIN, Texas (KTRK) -- We're following breaking news in Austin, where firefighters are responding to yet another reported package explosion.

The Austin Fire Department says at least one person has been injured, and crews are working to evacuate a building on the city's southwest side.

Police are investigating in the 9600 block of Brodie Lane, and are asking residents to avoid the area.

Authorities said residents in Austin should avoid the area.
chai2

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2018 07:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
That one at 9600 Brodie Lane was at a Goodwill in far South Austin. I read that it wasn’t an explosive like the others, but an incendiary device. Copycat? Original person changing tactics to keep authorities off guard?

The bomber had moved from places packages, to sending through fedex. They have killed or harmed people who are black, white and Hispanic. Male and female, young and old. In different parts of the city, miles apart.

Over 500 FBI agents have been called in.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 02:59 am

Bombing suspect dead after confrontation with police...
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 06:20 am
I woke up to stories about it on TV. Good police work.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 08:23 am
@Region Philbis,

Thanks for posting this.

I hope there are no more bombs still out there, and that Conditt was working alone.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 08:20 pm
@chai2,
It’s been mentioned in other threads. Glad you started this one.

There’s a bit of a brouhaha on Twitter—people arguing about whether it’s terrorism.

Interesting discussion.
chai2

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 08:27 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

There’s a bit of a brouhaha on Twitter—people arguing about whether it’s terrorism.

tsk. This is why I find myself more and more separating from the concerns of the world.

What difference does it make? People died.
Not directing that at you Lash, just the whole BS.

My only concern is if there are still bombs in the system, and if he wasn't acting alone.
Lash

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 08:31 pm
@chai2,
I’m with you, hoping it was the one guy.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 08:42 pm
They believe there were seven bombs in total and all are accounted for.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Austin bombings
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:27:42