Which is the best bittorrent client??

yakuza

Wed 21 Jun, 2006 05:02 am
BitComet VS Bitlord
I have been using these .torrents for a while now and have compared the main two (BitComet & Bitlord).

I have run the two side by side and have some results:

Bitcomet Downloaded Easy Media Creator at 33Kb/s

Bitlord Downloaded Easy Media Creator at 118Kb/s

I have used Shareaza, KaZaA, Azures, and most of the others besides the ones you must register for like usenext.

I used KaZaA and hated the lack of actual files not filled with spyware/malware/virus'/ etc, shareaza had the same thing and even slower DL speeds, and Azueres had even slower speeds but better files, and BC was slow but even more reliable.

130Kb/s while using the internet with Bitlord. Also you can select what your upload speed will be tops 3Kb/s for the above speed.
0 Replies

basejumper

Mon 9 Oct, 2006 03:12 pm
Best torrent client
The answer is simple, it's a little known client straight from the masters of computer technology, the japs !!!!! It is called 'BIT SPIRIT' and has served me well for about a year now. trust me, try it and dare ANYONE to call me a liar !!!!!!!! Good luck Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Raener

Mon 30 Oct, 2006 09:11 am
My favourite bittorrent clients:

Azureus
uTorrent

Other clients:

Limewire Pro 4.12
DC++ (Incredible amount of data. Thousands of Petabytes worth!)

Using Google to find free (mostly popular) music:

{+} Go to HotDaddy.com (A search engine that has combined Googles many freatures into one easy to use page.

{+} Next type the name of the song in (or if the title is to common type the artists in aswell)

{+} Then click the Musical note image for MP3 searhing on Google.

{+} Finally click on results that show '/index' or something similar as the name or descriptions that show the name of 'yourtune.mp3' etc. And there you have it!

My favourite sites:

The Pirate Bay
btJunkie
Demonoid.com - (need an invitation)
ISOHunt

To keep a track on good working releases by the proper cracking teams out there I like to use NFOrce - Very useful if you don't want to waste you time with corrupt/faulty downloads.

Safety methods of keeping who you want away from you at bay:

Peerguardian 2 - Block P2P and Government trackers from accessing your PC.
0 Replies

Jules6970

Mon 30 Oct, 2006 01:24 pm
Ok i know this is an old thread but since i found it so easily i want to clarify some things for people like this:

Quote:
I think people would be less touchy about uploading if the system didn't set it so that your download speed averages less than 1/3rd your upload rate, if all settings are set to "unlimited."

It's a definite defect of the system. I'm sitting here with 39 seeds and 55 peers (not a bad ratio) and am downloading at 13 flipping kb/s. I'm uploading at 54 kb/s.

If they want to encourage folks to upload and seed, shouldn't they make it more rational? We shouldn't get miffed with "leeches" when they're being forced to download at rates that make aol on a 14.4 look fast. Of COURSE they're going to try to improve their own download rates. Clearly the system is capable of faster speeds if you're able to simultaneously upload at 54kb/s.

So what can you possibly do to even out the upload vs. download speeds?

Kimbob the Frustrated

Its NOT the system that make you upload speeds higher than your DL speeds its ignorant people like you! when you download torrents they are coming from your PEERS these are people just like yourself who are saying hmm i dont think i want to share my bandwidth and cut their uploads to 3kbps. you see when everyone lowers their uploads to 3kbps THAT is what makes poor downloading speeds. So next time you have a bad DL speed instead of lowering your upload why dont you contribute a little bit to the community..... karma is a bitch
0 Replies

PiczoGame

Fri 10 Nov, 2006 08:34 pm
Which Is The Best? You Say?
Very Happy UTorrent Is The Best Out There ^^
0 Replies

dh526

Wed 4 Apr, 2007 05:38 pm
i went with standard bittorent for years, but ive found azereus to be the best. I did also try utorrent after it being recommended, but found it slower than standard bittorrent...

So , Azereus all the way ...
0 Replies

darkwolf7676

Thu 19 Apr, 2007 04:37 am
MESSIAH
well i'm back posting here after half a year.... i'm still using bitlord i've found that regardless of the program you use there is barely any difference in speed when downloading same torrent with same seeds/leeches so basically all bittorrent clients are decent only the layout really separates them. I prefer bitlord because i personally feel its the best, but i know others will disagree.
There are a lot of bittorrent clients out there i recommend you try a few before deciding which one you think is best...

think of it as similar to hindus, they just pick a god they like the best amongst millions of gods and go with it, regardless of which goD they choose there all deviations of ONE power (i dont know if its a god or what)

bittorrent clients are all part of ONE power... the seeds (GODLY PEOPLE) and leeches (OPPORTUNIST SCUM unless they then seed what they download)

the more seeds the faster the download

AMEN
0 Replies

balo

Sun 29 Apr, 2007 01:40 pm
ul dl
i used azureus for a while didnt really like it got utorrent.
i was 1 of the many "the lower upload spee the faster dl speed"
then i started downloading a movie with 1 seeder and 3 downloaders after 10percent i put the upload to unlm 1 gig in half an hour so with utorrent it goes faster 4 me with unlimited upload and download. + u feel better. <8-0
0 Replies

raxomukus

Mon 30 Apr, 2007 01:14 am
µTorrent Is The Best Out There ^^ Razz Just look at the peers list, µTorrent downloads ten times faster than any other.
0 Replies

official

Thu 10 May, 2007 05:07 am
Utorrent works great for me
0 Replies

dabest

Fri 10 Aug, 2007 03:48 pm
utorrent aint so good. it's slow and the only good thing about it is that it's lightweight.
azureus is much faster but slows your pc down slightly when its turned on, no biggy though.
i recommend azureus, by far the best p2p client out there Smile
0 Replies

wente73

Thu 16 Aug, 2007 08:02 am
The best bittorrent client
Settings on bittorrent clients may be adjusted to optimize speed but for the most part, the speed of your download is dependent upon the uploaders settings and configurations as well as the servers that hold the torrents. But I use bitlord because their are allot of options available to optimize at the best of your ability.
0 Replies

wente73

Thu 16 Aug, 2007 08:15 am
THANK YOU

Jules6970 wrote:
Ok i know this is an old thread but since i found it so easily i want to clarify some things for people like this:

Quote:
I think people would be less touchy about uploading if the system didn't set it so that your download speed averages less than 1/3rd your upload rate, if all settings are set to "unlimited."

It's a definite defect of the system. I'm sitting here with 39 seeds and 55 peers (not a bad ratio) and am downloading at 13 flipping kb/s. I'm uploading at 54 kb/s.

If they want to encourage folks to upload and seed, shouldn't they make it more rational? We shouldn't get miffed with "leeches" when they're being forced to download at rates that make aol on a 14.4 look fast. Of COURSE they're going to try to improve their own download rates. Clearly the system is capable of faster speeds if you're able to simultaneously upload at 54kb/s.

So what can you possibly do to even out the upload vs. download speeds?

Kimbob the Frustrated

Its NOT the system that make you upload speeds higher than your DL speeds its ignorant people like you! when you download torrents they are coming from your PEERS these are people just like yourself who are saying hmm i dont think i want to share my bandwidth and cut their uploads to 3kbps. you see when everyone lowers their uploads to 3kbps THAT is what makes poor downloading speeds. So next time you have a bad DL speed instead of lowering your upload why dont you contribute a little bit to the community..... karma is a bitch
0 Replies

BIGGAMER

Sat 15 Nov, 2008 10:51 am
@daddymurphy,
Well guys since i live in India the police don't even care who is downloading what. Anyways i don't spend hours downloading movies or games. I buy them at a place near my house. The tariff is-
1)Single DVD games-Rs.40 ($0.9)
2 )Multi DVD games-Rs.35 per DVD ($0.8)
3)Movies-Rs.30 per DVD($0.75) Some DVD's have more than 1 movies. i got all the Harry potter movies in one single DVD and the video quality is impressive.
So, why would anyone like me spend hours downloading stuff that is available in a just a few bucks.
In India nobody even thinks about Genuineness when 97% installations of MS Office are illegal.
0 Replies

popoff10

Mon 2 Mar, 2009 02:10 pm
@daddymurphy,
its not the client that is slow its the site i have tried a few torrent sit there best one is megaups
0 Replies