Which is the best bittorrent client??

opensource

Sat 13 Aug, 2005 12:38 pm
bear in mind that downloading patented material can get you prosecuted in the draconian courts of the u.s.. Especially if you're downloading from a university which appears to be a favorite target of the elite cigar chomping recording industry executives. Infringing on someone elses technology didn't seem to concern america much during the industrial revolution, but when she grew fat , rich , and bloated, copyright became an issue.

I've used bittorrent but not much and never suffered any ill consequences.
warez p2p is excellent, once you shake the viruses out of the program. I've enjoyed decent download speeds using it.

Microsoft uses cracked software.. there are several .wav files included in some windows versions, that when opened in a text editor will display the name "soundforge" the name of the application used to modify the .wav
it also contains the name dzone and dzone is one of the warez boys who cracked soundforge.. Is Billy Boy too cheap to open his wallet for the 400 bux to purchase a legit copy of soundforge?
0 Replies

absnaqvi

Sat 13 Aug, 2005 05:01 pm
hmmm but wat about irc?
and now that i have around 50gb of music on my harddrive... should i burn off that stuff onto dvds to avoid the risk of my harddisk being scanned and getting caught or something?
just wondering....
also... since RIAA and the MPAA are related to music and movies right? what if i download software and games etc? still get caught?
0 Replies

opensource

Sun 14 Aug, 2005 01:32 am
I wouldn't get too paranoid.. From what I understand the people who are being prosecuted are generally people downloading from colleges, and the college is the one being targeted by the owners of copyright material..
that will change fast though in an "ownership society".
p2p is being chased underground.
0 Replies

Dragoncaviar

Mon 29 Aug, 2005 06:58 pm
Torrent client ... any question about it?
There is no question of doubt in my mind, Azureus is by far the best bittorrent client out there.
I used bitlord for a while because I was getting a NAT error and was not downloading as quick as I could have been, but I've since sorted the port situation out, and am now back on Azureus.

Since I started downloading with Azureus, I have downloaded over 700GB of data, and uploaded over 1.5TB. If the feds (as they seem to be world police, and would get me for using international servers located in their country, even though I live in the UK) were going to try and get anyone, surely it would be someone like me?

I've never been bothered at all.

To all the n00b users out there, there is only one golden rule of torrents: If you download something, make sure you seed it. Leave it seeding until you have a ratio of at least 2.5

As for those users who think it's a good thing to slow your upload speed to 3kbps and download at 180kbps, personally, I think you should be doing it very differently. You are disrespecting the torrent network. Imagine if the person you were downloading your nice big file at 180kbps decided to limit his/her uploading to 3kbps. How pissed off would you be then? Just think about that before you condone purposefully slowing uploads down, because it'll be the fault of people like you if the torrent network dies.
0 Replies

teoswand

Fri 7 Oct, 2005 02:40 am
Bear share
I have a question for users of bearshare pro , i downloaded torrents and now I dont know how to dowload it with bearhshare pro. With bitlord is easy but bearshear is better In bit lord I only must to do is point to torrent and download the file
0 Replies

kimbob the magnificent

Sat 8 Oct, 2005 01:22 pm
upload vs. download
I think people would be less touchy about uploading if the system didn't set it so that your download speed averages less than 1/3rd your upload rate, if all settings are set to "unlimited."

It's a definite defect of the system. I'm sitting here with 39 seeds and 55 peers (not a bad ratio) and am downloading at 13 flipping kb/s. I'm uploading at 54 kb/s.

If they want to encourage folks to upload and seed, shouldn't they make it more rational? We shouldn't get miffed with "leeches" when they're being forced to download at rates that make aol on a 14.4 look fast. Of COURSE they're going to try to improve their own download rates. Clearly the system is capable of faster speeds if you're able to simultaneously upload at 54kb/s.

So what can you possibly do to even out the upload vs. download speeds?

Kimbob the Frustrated
0 Replies

heofon

Sat 22 Oct, 2005 08:35 am
bitlord is just a mal-ware riddled version of bitcomet - which is a good torrent client.

many peers will ip ban you for using bitlord.

azareus is commonly regarded as the best client, but it's a bit heavier as it uses java where as bitcomet runs in c.

so, either use bitcomet or azareus, and most importantly...

SEED WHAT YOU DOWNLOAD.

ps.. don't use bitlord.:wink:
0 Replies

AznOliver823

Mon 14 Nov, 2005 09:14 pm
Azureus is truely the best. It is the most recemendable bit client of them all. You can download plugins that change you max upload rate so you download at full speed all the time (while still uploading). You do still have to download java though, it takes more time to install but its definatly worth it, if you use port forwarding or triggering then (as i do) then you can be able to downlad 50-150kbps all the time (I use verison it goes about 1mbps average)
0 Replies

Mr T

Sat 19 Nov, 2005 01:00 pm
You need to upload in order to download or you need to give to get. that is the principle that torrent applications are based on and what makes a torrent active and effective. If you dont upload your downloadspeed will remain slow.
0 Replies

us06154

Tue 29 Nov, 2005 03:41 am
Re: Best Torrnet Client
Hey Otuel1,

Who's your cable provider? Cable [or Thinnet for that matter] has a theoritical maximum of 10mb p/s, you know the old way of running a network, before cat5 cable came in to run 10/100? So I wonder how they can push 18Mb/s through a 10Mb/s line. ALmost like trying to push a watermelon through your nose. At work, you have OC3? are you working for an ISP, or a Network Operations Center?

otuel1 wrote:
As far as being tracked by the FBI - Buy a dvd burner and get it off your drive as fast as you download it...

I currently use 2 programs, while at work on my OC3 connection I use BitLord it works really nice and has alot of features I use it sometimes at home as well I have at the house a 18mb cable connection for some reason while it does download really fast when it finds a quick host it will only download 1 or 2 things at a time - bit tornado on the other hand rocks, it's fast and has nice features however while at work for some reason it doesn't work very well...

I assume the "type" of connection you have really works better with some

Try bit lord if you haven't already, and bit tornado seems to work really well.
0 Replies

llsektorll

Wed 30 Nov, 2005 07:53 pm
uTorrent has to be hands down the best. Long time BitComet, BitLord, and Azureus user. By now you shouldn't be using the original bitorrent client.

Reasons why I say uTorrent is the best

- takes up less than 5mbs of memory. As I am leeching 2 torrents and seeding 2 the program takes up 3.8mb of memory. BitComet requires at least 60mb!

- Almost no CPU usage. Not a resource HOG like Azureus means you can run this in the background with no problem.

- Awsome neat and clean GUI.

- Multiple torrent organization and useful stats not just a bunch of them like Azureus.

- the program requires no installation you just download and run the file. The program is 105kB!!!! I have essays that take up more space ;p!

As far as not getting caught use PeerGuardian 2. On Nov 30, 05 its blocking 658,804,399 IPs from people wanting to get you caught... ;p
0 Replies

ripley

Mon 26 Dec, 2005 11:30 pm
bittornado, no problems however crappy if you have several torrents open. I;ve never had a problem with it though. ABC used to be my favourite. It just had as much buttons and info i needed. However, now and then, i'd get problems with cpu and torrents dissapearing from it. azreus, i've never had a problem with it. Has everything one needs. But the problem is that it uses too much resource. As my speeds are good on all clients, i do refuse to use azureus cos it uses too much pc resources.

My latest client as utorrent. The above poster has spelled out its advantages. For me, i get same speeds [that are good] and is a lightweight on my pc. It also has some functions that azureus has. The only problem i have with utorrent are little bugs, but thats mainly becose its a very new [lates] client].

I would stay away from bitcomet, bitlord, shareaza and any old versions of other clients IF you itnend on using private trackers. They ban such clients as they are assumed to not follow the bittorent protocol properly and are considered not to be "fair".
0 Replies

Bartikus

Sat 14 Jan, 2006 02:37 am
llsektorll wrote:
uTorrent has to be hands down the best. Long time BitComet, BitLord, and Azureus user. By now you shouldn't be using the original bitorrent client.

Reasons why I say uTorrent is the best

- takes up less than 5mbs of memory. As I am leeching 2 torrents and seeding 2 the program takes up 3.8mb of memory. BitComet requires at least 60mb!

- Almost no CPU usage. Not a resource HOG like Azureus means you can run this in the background with no problem.

- Awsome neat and clean GUI.

- Multiple torrent organization and useful stats not just a bunch of them like Azureus.

- the program requires no installation you just download and run the file. The program is 105kB!!!! I have essays that take up more space ;p!

As far as not getting caught use PeerGuardian 2. On Nov 30, 05 its blocking 658,804,399 IPs from people wanting to get you caught... ;p

I agree. I could'nt have said it better
0 Replies

Raener

Tue 25 Apr, 2006 06:27 pm
My Vote uTorrent!
0 Replies

LD

Fri 19 May, 2006 02:05 am
The best BitTorrent client is BitSpirit for me
Try it !
Because of lack of translated FAQ, you must study the parameters a little.
Faster than µTorrent and BitComet.
It's really the best as far as I know.

It's translated from asian language. Find the latest version, not always on the translated homepage "http://www.167bt.com/intl/index.html"
Go to "http://www.freewarefiles.com/category_5_181.html"
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Fri 19 May, 2006 08:17 am
bookmark.
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Sat 3 Jun, 2006 09:28 pm
I heard BT is a "memory killer" where when you're uploading you lose memory from your hard drive as well. Is this true? I know it sounds kinda farfetched. Still just wondering if you guys can varify this for me. I don't think it's true though, thanks.
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Sat 10 Jun, 2006 06:10 pm
Actually it's not hard drive memory. I just heard that uploading and such can cause the computer to slow down permanately. For instance like running programs would take longer, etc.

Jason
0 Replies

darkwolf7676

Wed 14 Jun, 2006 06:22 am
bit lord is good
BitLord is a pretty decent program, in comparison to azureaus and bitcomet which are the only ones i've tried.

although it really depends on seeds and leeches for download speed i've noticed after at least a year of using BitLord that for really busy torrents, for example my current torrent; with 21 seeds and 356 leeches, BitLord restricts download speed in relation to your upload limits.

If you ristrict uploads to 5kb, downloads will be lucky to get over 5kb.

If you set uploads to unlimited, both uploads and downloads settle at around 10kb which really pisses me of when the time remaining for a 1.47gb file takes up to 2 constant days to get

but this aside, BitLord is great when downloading heaps of songs quickly, given amount of seeds the speed is on average 50kb/sec for wireless broadband

(I DO BUY the cds to support the artists that i like, eg. metallica, iron maiden and so on, i only download when i can't afford to buy which is most of the time Wink
0 Replies

darkwolf7676

Thu 15 Jun, 2006 06:26 am
I downloaded uTorrent to see if it was better than BitLord,
I downloaded uTorrent to see if it was better than BitLord,
i ran both programs at the same time downloading the same file. The speed was the same.
then i tried them by themselves and i found it to be still around the same, uTorrent was faster by 3kb

I've decided to change to uTorrent because the layout is so much "cleaner" because BitLord had a toolbar with "XXX Webcam Chat" and "Gaming" which would have been embarassing had my parents seen it (i know you can get rid of the "toolbar text" but... the icon is still there), i think the speed comparison is very slight but i like uTorrent better,
as for system use, BitLord uses 15kb of my memory and uTorrent uses 8kb so difference there is small too

i will i'll be sticking with uTorrent from now on
0 Replies