Which is the best bittorrent client??

Sat 5 Feb, 2005 12:04 pm
I have tried the bittorrent system a while now and I wonder which you guys think is the best bittorrent client and then I mean the fastest and hardest searchable for the police ( so I don´t get caught Razz ) . Now I´m using BitComet and if anyone has a good suggestion, please write it here.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 188,520 • Replies: 54
Topic Closed
No top replies

Raener

Wed 16 Feb, 2005 05:12 am
I don't know about individual programs but maybe Torrentreactor.net will help.

A site with torrents for download by BitComet/Bittorrent etc..

http://www.torrentreactor.net/
0 Replies

daddymurphy

Thu 17 Feb, 2005 07:04 am
Thanks for the reply, look at this one too.....
Thanks !! Seems to be a pretty good site.

Take a look at this one too:http://tracker.piratbyran.org/frame.html , your gonna find pretty much stuff there too and good luck !! RazzRazz
0 Replies

bubbleme80

Sat 19 Feb, 2005 04:31 pm
i use bittornado because it is small and u can set things the way you want.

if you are using DSL, u want to upload very little. with bittornado u can upload (upload rate being dependant on download rate is bullcrap, dont believe it..)

u can upload minium 3kbps. i download sometimes at 180kbps while uploading at 3kbps.

also if u are using router, u can set what port u want to open so u open up the exact ports on the router.

i heard Azreus is also very nice because u get to select specific file downloading order... so before u start downloading a movie, u can download a sample first.. instead of all at once.

so far, for me Bittornado works best.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Sat 19 Feb, 2005 05:04 pm
I use shareaza.
0 Replies

daddymurphy

Sun 20 Feb, 2005 06:30 am
Some questions about Shareaza....
Craven de Kere wrote:
I use shareaza.

Yeah, I´ve heard about it, seems to be pretty good too.... Razz

But I don´t think it´s a bittorrent klient actually Smile .
Soon I wonder 3 things... If it´s being tracked by the police, if it´s fast and if I can find plenty of stuff, and a suggestion if you don´t care about some spyware and have a good firewall, you should use "bearshare" beacuse it searches in Limewire, --Shareaza--, bearshare and lots more of P2P services so you get the best search results..... The only thing you should notice before using it is that it has ad´s and spywares like WhenU Save now, Wheatercast and so on, so just run a scan with Spybot - S&D and the worst should be gone.
Laughing
0 Replies

islandfella

Sun 3 Apr, 2005 02:27 am
bubbleme80 wrote:

also if u are using router, u can set what port u want to open so u open up the exact ports on the router.

I know a friend who has been trying to do this without much luck. Can you give any pointers as to how to successfully do this?

Thanx

And to add to the topic, I've used several clients - BitTorrent, Shadow, BitTornado, Torrent Storm, Azureus, BitComet and BitLord (only recently), also Shareaza and Exeem. My favorites are BitTornado and Azureus.
0 Replies

Noob

Wed 20 Apr, 2005 04:52 am
Quote:
you should use "bearshare" beacuse it searches in Limewire, --Shareaza--, bearshare and lots more of P2P services so you get the best search results..... The only thing you should notice before using it is that it has ad´s and spywares like WhenU Save now, Wheatercast and so on, so just run a scan with Spybot - S&D and the worst should be gone

I'm new here so I wouldn't like to annoy anyone, but I would appreciate it if you didn't go around lying about reputable programs like Bearshare. Bearshare has no spyware the only adware it has is When-U although MS-AS B1 reports the bearshare directory as bearshare adware bundler (a false positive) , and for a matter of fact when-u is cleaning up. As for the adware, the solution is the Lite version.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Wed 20 Apr, 2005 10:06 am
Bearshare is a notorious vector for malware, it deserves its bad reputation.

There are plenty of clients that are far better, and one not need invite that pest onto one's machine.
0 Replies

SavageMind

Mon 30 May, 2005 09:22 am
UP vs Down
I use Bit Comet but it really has been ticking me off. My upload has been far higher then my DL rate. every time i lower my upload my dl drops. Don't use bit comet. BTW i'm using a T1 line.
0 Replies

PC dr

Tue 14 Jun, 2005 10:22 pm
<b>BitLord</b>....no infections. lots of seeds. If it's slow it's because it's capped by the client. I have downloaded many large apps including OS's that I use for experimentation. If you use it to make $...pay for it.

It took me 45 min to get the new server by u no who
0 Replies

Flanjam

Sun 26 Jun, 2005 05:55 am
I wanna download gta san andreas and i wanna which is the best client to use ansd where i can find torrent files.
i'm kinda new 2 this because i have neva really used any torrent stuff b4.

Can any 1 help me? Smile
0 Replies

Flanjam

Sun 26 Jun, 2005 06:45 am
i wanna downlaod gta san andreas but dont know wat client is best to use or where to get torrents.

So can any 1 help me?
0 Replies

crucifixation

Sat 9 Jul, 2005 05:15 pm
i use BitLOrd

get it here

www.mininova.org
0 Replies

AbleIIKnow wong

Sun 10 Jul, 2005 12:59 am
Yeah, what up with BitComet like that I've heard that it has a crazy upload rate too. I don't know it's probably has something to do with the settings and it all seems pretty complicated.

Has anybody heard of mIRC, how is that? I heard that's pretty complicated to learn how to use too.
0 Replies

JohnWho

Mon 11 Jul, 2005 08:47 am
SavageMind wrote:
I use Bit Comet but it really has been ticking me off. My upload has been far higher then my DL rate. every time i lower my upload my dl drops. Don't use bit comet. BTW i'm using a T1 line.

bubbleme80 wrote:

if you are using DSL, u want to upload very little. with bittornado u can upload (upload rate being dependant on download rate is bullcrap, dont believe it..)

u can upload minium 3kbps. i download sometimes at 180kbps while uploading at 3kbps.

No wonder so many torrents becomes unseeded so fast when people just wanna DL but doesn't give a crap about participating, nice.
0 Replies

crucifixation

Mon 11 Jul, 2005 09:30 am
AbleIIKnow_wong wrote:

Has anybody heard of mIRC, how is that? I heard that's pretty complicated to learn how to use too.

mIRC (or any IRC.. mIRC's the most popular) is another great place for downloads
get it here:
http://www.ircadmin.net/mirc/mirc614.exe

www.packetnews.com (THE PLACE FOR IRC downloads)

before all that.....
download/install mIRC.....
a few settings need to be done
in tools-->options
goto DCC-->ignore-->in this tab..... change the method option to DISABLED and disable the 'turn ignore back on' feature too... yeah... thats about it that (a newbie) might wanna do...
for pros ..... PLEASE DO MODIFY EVERY option to suit you the best... really makes things much easier... without modifying these ...... it can get a lil confusing and boring.... so.... do modify all to suit you.... (if you dont know wat the options mean... PLEASE dont touch them)

DONE.......

now all you gotta do is..... www.packetnews.com
search...... (XDCC or Fserve .. explained next).....

XDCC:
search for what you want.. eg: pearl jam or anything)
in the results... there will be a few colums giving details..... under the pack column... wil be a number... wich is a hyperlink........chose the result that you want... click on the pack number..... IRC will open...... chose 'open a new connection' option if asked......
a channel will open...
(yeah no need to really care bout wats written there.... might confuse you at first)........... jus in the typing line...... do PASTE....... a line like
/ctcp abc xdcc send #7 will be pasted..... jus do enter
this line is copied to the clipboard itself wen u click on the pack link.... cool eh?
then you'll get the dialog...... abc is trying to send you file which is xMB.... do accept... and it starts!
done!
you might be put into queue (wich is the ONLY REASON I DONT USE mIRC that much.. mIRC speeds for me are even better than torrents.... but i hate queues....)........ if u in a queue..... jus WAIT.... PATIENTLY
you will keep getting the status of ur queue.....

DONE

FSERVE:
search the same way....
results wud be the same way... jus different columns....
instead of clicking on the pack link like in XDCC ...... in Fserve you click on the TRIGGER link... the same process happens...... IRC opens..... you chose to connect with a new connection (if asked)... channel open.... you do PASTE in the typing line......
then a dialogue comes..... abc wants to sumthing sumthing.... dont remeber exaclty..... jus do accept.......
fserve has one extra step:P
now you will be in a private conversation with abc (no you cant chat with the bot.... its all automatic stuff..... )
in this window.... a whole lot of text might keep coming.... ignore if u dont really care..... u might not understand that **** at first......so jus ignore.....

now in the place where you type..... this is wat you have to do
in the packetnews results page.... from the filename column.... (now u gotta do lil work:P)

in the conversation u gotta first go into subdirectories then u have to 'get'
the file

eg:
1) if filename is \music\full albums\eminem_-_marshal.mathers.lp.rar
then steps:

cd music
cd full albums
get eminem_-_marshal.mathers.lp.rar

2) if filename is pearljam.rar
then steps:
get pearljam.rar

now again u might get the file on the spot or put in queue

DONE!!!
0 Replies

otuel1

Thu 28 Jul, 2005 02:49 pm
Best Torrnet Client
As far as being tracked by the FBI - Buy a dvd burner and get it off your drive as fast as you download it...

I currently use 2 programs, while at work on my OC3 connection I use BitLord it works really nice and has alot of features I use it sometimes at home as well I have at the house a 18mb cable connection for some reason while it does download really fast when it finds a quick host it will only download 1 or 2 things at a time - bit tornado on the other hand rocks, it's fast and has nice features however while at work for some reason it doesn't work very well...

I assume the "type" of connection you have really works better with some

Try bit lord if you haven't already, and bit tornado seems to work really well.
0 Replies

opensource

Mon 1 Aug, 2005 11:19 pm
Azureus seems to work well, though I haven't tried many of them
0 Replies

absnaqvi

Sat 13 Aug, 2005 07:52 am
i just moved to iowa from pakistan for college and was wondering just how safe it is to use torrents. iv been using torrents in pakistan but since no one would actually care to come as far as pakistan to put my ass behind bars i never once flinched at the thought of downloading anything. i used torrents and mirc heavily and 24 hours a day. downloaded all sorts of stuff from movies, music, software to books and what not. im just wondering now that im in the US where copyright laws actually hold meaning... what precautions should i take or wat things should i keep in mind when using IRC or Torrents to download games, music etc... what use is of having a kickass internet connection when you cant use it!
peace...
0 Replies