Amuse me, esp. the ladies (need your opinion)

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 02:26 pm
i'm really just bored. I have an appt next week to get my hair done, and I don't know what to ask for.

I think the person that did my hair last put too much yellow in it?

should i try making it one color (drk brown)?

or go for highlights, but w/someone who makes them look like highlights instead of patches of blonde?

red highlights?

my hair seems to get lighter every year (this is my natural color minus the highlights). born with black hair though.

edit: (pics are on 7th page w/updated ones)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,825 • Replies: 68
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 02:58 pm
It would be nice to see you facial features too
in order to make a good judgement. Right now,
it looks like, your highlights are unevenly distributed
and they're kind of orange. Highlights should
be very natural looking and barely noticable if done well.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:00 pm
I don't think she wants to show her face. Notice she even blacked out her image in the picture on the desk.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:02 pm
The man's answer - Keep it the way it is.

Hey! You just got done saying you don't allow cats on the cabinets and her you are, feeding it on the desk top. Poor thing is probably neurotic, to the extent that they are ever anything but.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:08 pm
lol

No, that's dog food on the desk. I'm babysitting, remember? Very Happy

well if I don't put the food up, they'll eat each other's food and they had their share/portion this morning and will eat the rest later. it's kept in this room because i had to watch them this morning. my little joah was harassing one of the other dogs, so she had to eat next to me to feel safe.

the cat thankfully isn't interested in their food. she likes my other dog's food, but hasn't chomped down on it since we moved to this new house.

...but either way, you're right. she's allowed on the desk. Smile
i just don't think it's clean to let her roam the kitchen counters where i prepare food. guests normally don't find it appealing to see either, imo.

as far as my face ...yeah, i did that on purpose. Smile
i'm glad you agree that the highlights werne't done right!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:10 pm
I would gladly show any "regular poster" here my face via email ...just wouldn't post it on this site. maybe with some time, i'll feel better about that! Smile

the blacked out pic is of my fiance. Very Happy

trust me, it's not you guys that i'm trying to hide a little from ...just people who may lurk.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:11 pm
Here's a pic of Jo from the archives.

http://www.thespud.com/romance/images/crosseyed_woman.jpg
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:11 pm
Joa
Personally, I love the natural color of your hair, but that's just me.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:13 pm
Joa
Did you know you have a box of kleenex coming out of your printer?
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:14 pm
cjhsa, how dare you hack into my computer like that. ...at least you chose a glamour shot of me. Smile
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:15 pm
I have allergies here in this town, so I'm always blowing. Laughing
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:19 pm
someone just sent me this

http://img222.exs.cx/img222/9397/me59gz.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:22 pm
The chunks do seem a bit bright, JOahaeyo, maybe you want to let them know you don't want bright.

Chunks are 'current/in' v hilites. Skinny hilights/streaks look, well, kinda old-fashioned/southern big HAIR - ey. A good colour technician would probably do hiliting as well as lowliting in your hair to give it more depth.

Very few people have one colour hair, so a one colour rinse just looks peculiar on most people. Can you have them do a double or triple lowlite to get back toward your own natural hair look?

(ok, I'm a hair colour junkie, been colouring my hair for longer than I haven't)
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:24 pm
The reddish has to complement your complexion.

In any case, before you get highlights again, you
should color your hair evenly otherwise you'll get
different colors alltogether.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:25 pm
that was very helpful!

i used someone i normally don't last time, so hopefully my favorite stylist can fix it up!

i only highlighted in the first place to give my hair some umph/body.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:34 pm
addy delete
0 Replies

MzDaizy

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 06:27 pm
How long has it been since your hair has been regular brown? If it's been a while, changing it to just the one tone might be a nice change. I dye, streak, & highlight my hair too, but sometimes, it's great to see what I "really" look like.

(Note: I believe I also get more compliments when I have my "natural" color and "natural" highlights) Good Luck!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 06:34 pm
Welcome to the board MzDaizy!! What a sexy avatar. Smile

My hair is normally all natural (outside of sun damage of course)! These highlights were recent in an attempt to prevent myself from cutting my hair before my May Wedding. Sorry I always bring up "the wedding," but it occupies much of what I do right now. Plus, I'm ...kinda... excited about it. Wink
0 Replies

MzDaizy

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 06:42 pm
Thanx for the welcome and CONGRATS on the wedding!!! Maybe what you should do is take out all the dye (there's something called an Oops Kit, that removes all dye from your hair) and just have a professional, someone you trust, put in new, subtle highlights. It must be nerve-wracking to change something right before "THE BIG DAY"!!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 06:51 pm
http://www.alter-bridge.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/thumb_husker_bridg.JPG
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Amuse me, esp. the ladies (need your opinion)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 04:30:39