Best snacks for housewarming party

Sun 4 Mar, 2018 03:40 pm
Can someone recommend recipes for simple and delicious snacks which will be ideal for housewarming party?

Sturgis

Sun 4 Mar, 2018 03:47 pm
@dorotalysik,
Carrot sticks, hummus, meatballs (have toothpicks or small forks on hand), fresh berries, miniature cupcakes, variety of cheeses, variety of crackers and chips.
Real Music

Sun 4 Mar, 2018 03:58 pm
@dorotalysik,
Chicken wings, meatballs, pizza, mini-sandwiches, chips, potato salad, baked beans, fruit punch, and sodas
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sun 4 Mar, 2018 06:10 pm
Pick a category of food you're going to provide and make the rest a potluck.

We had good success offering protein and dessert and having guests bring salad that represented their background. At the best one we made wings, baked/stuffed fish, and meatballs for the proteins and homemade apple crepes for dessert. We had about 40 people bringing salads and there were no duplicates. Duplicates of types but not the same recipes. There were fruit salads, green salads, potato salads, veggie salads of all sorts. It was fantastic. There were a couple of people who said they just couldn't handle bringing a salad so they brought carbs (various breads) and soft drinks. Best party evah.
0 Replies

ekename

Sun 4 Mar, 2018 10:53 pm
@dorotalysik,
Celery and dips, smoked salmon and anything, pinwheels and sausage rolls, bacon with bacon and bacon, two tonne of oysters and prawns: tell them to bring all this plus booze as their housewarming prezzie to you.

Or go for the double PB with pancetta basil peach balsamic.
0 Replies

farmerman

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 05:59 am
@Sturgis,
too much double dipping possible. Make sure everything is ONE BITE ONLY food. Make sure dips are apportioned in personal dippy dishes.
NO hrimp cocktail where all their little tails hng out the bowl and the dippy sauce in the center. SHrimp are a health hazard unless served as individual plates .

So, just make sure theres an equal amount of plates and dishes for as long as you can figure youre going to have to put up with these people.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 06:41 am
@dorotalysik,
I don't understand why no one has mentioned spam and spam related finger foods.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 07:04 am
@dorotalysik,
Meat and cheese trays: Pepperoni & Canadian ham slices, mozz, cheddar & colby cheeses, Ritz & triscuit crackers

Chili with tortilla chips

Buffalo chicken dip with Ritz crackers

Strawberries with marshmallow/cream cheese dip

Apple slices with caramel and peanut butter dip

Veggie trays: Green, yellow, red pepper slices, celery stalks, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices with ranch dip

When's the party? I'll bring ice...

0 Replies

visceral

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 11:45 am
@dorotalysik,
Google warm spinach garlic dip, easy to make and people love it w/ sliced French baguette...brie cheese and fruit is a good balance too.
0 Replies

Jessicalovely

Tue 6 Mar, 2018 12:06 am
@dorotalysik,
chicken dishes, biryani, chips, coke...
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Tue 6 Mar, 2018 08:09 am
@dorotalysik,
The best snacks are contingent upon cultural proclivity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis_by_U.S._jurisdiction

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6f/Map-of-US-state-cannabis-laws.svg/350px-Map-of-US-state-cannabis-laws.svg.png
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 9 Mar, 2018 06:45 am
Several medium-sized fruit, cheese, and cracker trays, so they aren’t all mulling impatiently around one tray.
A couple of bread and jam trays.
A meat - bread - spread tray.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Thu 27 Feb, 2020 07:23 am
@dorotalysik,
Homemade Combos
Sturgis

Thu 27 Feb, 2020 03:07 pm
@tsarstepan,
Combos? Yipes!

...or is that Yikes!?

I confess to having eaten a few packages of them decades ago. They were the driest of dry.

Why would anybody even think on making them on their own?
(easier and time-saving to knock over a snack machine ...although possible subsequent prison time, might make a person rethink it)
tsarstepan

Thu 27 Feb, 2020 03:12 pm
@Sturgis,
That's the whole deal with this part of Bon Apetit's YouTube channel. They make gourmet versions of junk food (that will likely never be reproduced by common cooks/civilians).

Still wickedly fun to watch.
0 Replies

chai2

Thu 27 Feb, 2020 08:05 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Combos? Yipes!

...or is that Yikes!?

I confess to having eaten a few packages of them decades ago. They were the driest of dry.

Why would anybody even think on making them on their own?
(easier and time-saving to knock over a snack machine ...although possible subsequent prison time, might make a person rethink it)

The only time I eat something like that is if I'm on an hours long, light over 8, road trip.
I dunno, just seems ok at that time.
Actually, the thing I always get is a big bag of doritos, the kind with the orange powder on it, and a couple bottles of Coke Zero.
tsarstepan

Mon 19 Oct, 2020 11:46 am
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 20 Oct, 2020 04:26 am
@chai2,
you see that commercial where this guy is detecting tht orange dust on Doritos on his family with a UV light?
That doesnt work. and our cat eschews doritos.
chai2

Tue 20 Oct, 2020 01:57 pm
@farmerman,
Hmmm. The batch of suspects grows smaller.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Tue 20 Oct, 2020 03:32 pm
@farmerman,
Cleary a wise cat. Critters of the feline families only eat Cheetos, just ask Chester Cheetah
0 Replies