What the natural born **** is wrong with Justin Trudeau?

Lash

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 11:24 am
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/canadian-pm-trudeau-mocked-for-political-fashion-blunders-in-india-2018-2

Canadian PM Trudeau roundly mocked for political, fashion blunders during disastrous trip to India
Alex Lockie Feb 23, 2018, 7:30 AM ET
trudeau india
REUTERS/Adnan Abidi
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau dressed like this to visit the holy Sikh shrine of the Golden Temple, but he also dressed like this at the airport.
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has been roundly mocked for a series of political, cultural, and fashion blunders during his trip to India.
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi did not acknowledge his arrival on social media and sent a junior-level agricultural minister to meet him at the airport.
Indian citizens, politicians, and pundits have been ripping Trudeau for various elements of his trips, while the papers back in Canada do the same.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, normally a darling of Western media, has been roundly, and sometimes savagely, mocked for a trip to India that included cultural, fashion, and political blunders at every turn.

Trudeau's trip began to go awry right off the bat. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, known for his social-media savvy, did not make any posts welcoming Trudeau, who was greeted off the plane by a low-level agricultural minister.

On Tuesday, Trudeau's wife, Sophie, posed for a photo with Jaspal Atwal, a Sikh separatist who was once convicted of trying to assassinate an Indian politician.

—————————
It’s almost like there’s a Canadian coup afoot.

The plan revolves around his handlers convincing him to commit political hari -kari until he’s too embarrassed to go to the office.

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 23 Feb, 2018 03:32 pm
Maybe the kids planned the trip.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2018 01:56 pm
@Lash,
Is this deliberate? Have you really missed the whole point of the story or are you perversely spinning it just to discredit someone considered a liberal by your standards?

It's got naff all to do with fashion blunders. This is the real reason Trudeau's visit hasn't gone as well as he'd hoped.

Quote:
Canada has withdrawn an invitation to an alleged Sikh extremist to attend an official dinner with its Prime Minister Justin Trudeau while he is in Delhi.

Mr Trudeau, on a first state visit to India, said Jaspal Atwal should never have been invited to Thursday's meal.

Jaspal Atwal, a Canadian citizen of Indian origin, was convicted and later acquitted of trying to assassinate an Indian minister in 1986.

He is accused of having been a member of a now banned Sikh extremist group.

Earlier this week he was photographed alongside Mr Trudeau's wife, Sophie, and one of his cabinet ministers at an event in Mumbai.

Mr Trudeau, who meets his Indian counterpart Narendra Modi on Friday, has been fending off criticism that his government is soft on Sikh extremists during his week-long trip.

"Obviously we take this situation extremely seriously," Mr Trudeau told reporters in Delhi. "As soon as we found out we rescinded the invitation immediately."

He said the MP from his party "took full responsibility" for the dinner invitation.

Mr Atwal, now a businessman in the Canadian city of Surrey, travelled to India separately and was not part of the Canadian delegation. Indian officials say they are investigating how he was granted a visa.

Jaspal Atwal told Canada's Postmedia network that he did not plan to attend Thursday's dinner, which was being hosted by Canada's high commissioner, as he is in Mumbai on business.

He was convicted along with three others of shooting Indian minister Malkiat Singh Sidhu while he was in Vancouver on a personal visit. All four convictions were later overturned on appeal.

The minister was hit twice but survived the attack. He was assassinated in India in 1991.

Mr Atwal was a member of the International Sikh Youth Federation (ISYF) at the time of the attack, CBC News reports. It was later banned in a number of countries, including Canada and India.

News of the dinner invitation comes amid speculation that the Canadian prime minister has received a lukewarm reception in India, a charge both countries have denied.

Canada has a large Sikh community and Mr Trudeau's cabinet includes four Sikh-Canadians.

His administration has faced accusations that it is too soft on separatists who support a Sikh independence movement, also called the "Khalistan movement".

It seeks to create an independent homeland for the community in the Sikh-dominated northern state of Punjab.

Last April, Punjab's top elected official, Amarinder Singh, refused to meet Canadian Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan, alleging he was a "Khalistani sympathiser".

But Mr Trudeau met Mr Singh this week who later told the media they had discussed the "Khalistan issue". He added that Mr Trudeau had assured him that Canada "does not support" separatist movements anywhere in the world.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-43154358

If you're going to criticise him at least get your facts straight. Btw, Modi is a Hindu nationalist and a bit of a fascist ****.
Lash

Reply Sat 24 Feb, 2018 06:11 pm
@izzythepush,
Actually, people in the US excoriate the **** out of people who ‘dress up’ in clothing of other nationalities and hairstyles, and who pretend to follow cultural religions for the sake of pretending. “Cultural misappropriation.”

Sometimes, I think people are working overtime to try to find offense. Wearing braids or dreadlocks should be ok for anybody who likes the style. Walking around in full garb of another culture on a trip with the goofy praying hands when you never do that **** legitimately was ridiculous.

This is exactly what Trudeau did. Pretending on vacation.

It had nothing to do with his official greeting or lack thereof.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 04:29 am
@Lash,
That's no answer. You didn't mention Sikhs at all, that's like writing about the Holocaust and not mentioning Jews.

If Trudeau had dismissed all Sikhs from his government, attacked Sikh nationalism and the desire for a separatist homeland and dismissed the 1984 Amritsar massacre, he could have called himself Gunga Din, blacked up and spoken with an Apu but but and still been feted by Modi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_anti-Sikh_riots

Foreign leaders often look stupid and make fashion faux passes but that alone never stands in the way of diplomacy.

When the Thatch went on her first diplomatic visit to India, Dennis was widely mocked for looking like a total dickhead. It didn't stop them doing business though.

It's go nothing to do with Trudeau acting like he's on holiday and everything to do with the Canadian government's relationship to Sikh nationalists.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/denis-thatcher-the-husband-of-british-prime-minister-margaret-during-picture-id83584017
Lash

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 04:41 am
@izzythepush,
Yes, let’s mention the Holocaust. His crazy masquerade party in India smacked of taking his family on a tour of Auschwitz dressed in striped pajamas with Star of David badges, feigning hunger.

Here’s the rub:

Then, the Trudeaus were dragged on Indian (and Canadian) social media because the whole family kept showing up everywhere dressed in elaborate Indian formal wear. Try imagining Indian PM Narendra Modi hanging out in Ottawa for a week alternately dressed like a cowboy or a Mountie or a French-Canadian biker, and you have some idea of how obnoxious it was to watch Justin Trudeau traipse around the subcontinent playing ethnic dress-up.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 04:43 am
@Lash,
Why won't you address the Sikh issue? Why continue this nonsense about costume? It's a red herring and you know it.

It's about the Sikhs, it's always been about the Sikhs.
Lash

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 04:44 am
@izzythepush,
Because it has nothing to do whatsoever with my complaint.
Joeblow

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 07:19 am
@Lash,
AHHhahahahaha!

Oh gee'z it's meme worthy

Trying too hard.

There's worse things.

: )

Lash

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 08:57 am
@Joeblow,
You're right! There are a LOT worse things. It's the moments when there's no scandal, nothing really bad going on --and you totally shoot yourself in the foot writ large.

Unforced error. Trudeau has had a couple.
Joeblow

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 11:19 am
@Lash,
Stay tuned, there's bound to be more. Still, he strikes me as a nice man, and I don't think that in the end he really cares a whole lot about what the naysayers think.

But it is fun to watch, after you stop shaking your head...I'm still laughing! God. I hope he doesn't apologise.

Kolyo

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 11:46 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Indian formal wear. Try imagining Indian PM Narendra Modi hanging out in Ottawa for a week alternately dressed like a cowboy or a Mountie or a French-Canadian biker, and you have some idea of how obnoxious it was to watch Justin Trudeau traipse around the subcontinent playing ethnic dress-up.

It's more like Modi wearing western formal wear everywhere.

Like going everywhere in a tuxedo.

Cowboy outfits aren't formal wear.
Kolyo

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 11:50 am
@Kolyo,
Oh I think I see your point, Lash.

We have such a lack of understanding of what different indian outfits mean, that for all he knew it could have been the equivalent of a cowboy outfit or a biker's.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 12:25 pm
@Lash,
Because your complaint is fabricated bullshit. You're pushing a right wing narrative. It's a lot easier to dismiss Trudeau's visit as failing due to his cultural insensitivity instead of the real reason which is Modi's treatment of ethnic minorities most notably the Sikhs and Muslims, although there are others. To do so would mean confronting your own presidents appalling treatment of minorities most notably Black and Hispanic people.

This is another example of you claiming to be progressive while pushing a right wing agenda and it's bullshit.

In fact I suspect your whole article is bullshit. We're just to accept that what Trudeau was wearing was culturally insensitive because you say so, or your right wing propagandists say so. I don't claim to know myself, but I doubt very much that you have a clue what is and is not appropriate attire in the Indian sub continent. I'm sure the Canadian prime minister would go on a foreign trip without seeking advice on what is appropriate.

The fact that this is the first I've heard of it also makes me think it's a load of old bollocks. I've read plenty of news reports across the political divide about conflict with Modi over Sikh nationalism, but sweet FA about fashion faux pas and cultural insensitivity.

The only reason right wing Americans like yourself are buying this bullshit is because it confirms your own prejudices and you're too bloody lazy to look for the real reason. And when you're confronted with the real reason you stick your head in the sand and go' La la la I can't hear you,' because you've got no answers.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 12:31 pm
@Joeblow,
Joeblow wrote:
Still, he strikes me as a nice man, and I don't think that in the end he really cares a whole lot about what the naysayers think.

he is definitely the son of Margaret and Pierre
they always loved to dress up

not the guy I voted for or who I'd vote for but if he gets a good deal or two he can travel anywhere he wants in his underwear. Get us out of NAFTA - focus on TPP and the like.

Sophie's apparently a yoga instructor and has her own take on life and costuming. They are possibly the best Halloweén dressed political family ever.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 12:32 pm
@Joeblow,
Joeblow wrote:
I hope he doesn't apologise.

and this
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 12:34 pm
BBC's latest on the Trudeau visit.

Quote:
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau met his Indian counterpart, Narendra Modi, on Friday.

The meeting came towards the end of Mr Trudeau's first official visit to India, which has been far from smooth.

Canada caused upset earlier in the week by inviting an alleged Sikh extremist to an official dinner; an invite it later rescinded.

However, the Canadian PM has thrown himself into the visit, including by performing an impromptu Bhangra dance.

Both countries have denied speculation that the Canadian PM has received a lukewarm reception in India.

Mr Modi has, on many occasions, personally received visiting government leaders at the airport. But he welcomed Mr Trudeau on Twitter, a day before the two were scheduled to meet.

The leaders finally met six days after Mr Trudeau arrived in India, and signed a raft of agreements reiterating Indo-Canadian ties.

Mr Trudeau's trip has been marred by criticism that his government is soft on Sikh extremists.

He said the Delhi dinner invite sent to Jaspal Atwal, who was convicted and later acquitted of trying to assassinate an Indian minister in 1986, was a mistake.

The dinner, which was hosted at the Canadian High Commission on Thursday night, then drew attention for another reason - Mr Trudeau arrived doing Bhangra, a popular Indian dance that he is known to like.

The crowd cheered him on but Twitter he had a mixed reaction, with lots of Indians and Canadians seeming to disapprove of the display.

Mr Trudeau and his family have also been in the news for wearing traditional Indian outfits several times on their trip - a decision that has amused some Indians and annoyed others. Many tweeted to say that Indians do no dress up like people in Bollywood films.

Mr Modi received him at the Rashtrapati Bhavan, the presidential palace, in Delhi.

They met again later on Friday, along with other delegates, to discuss trade, defence, climate change and co-operation over civil nuclear energy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-43165794

I've italicised the paragraph that mentions Trudeau's dress code, and with hindsight I probably should have read it before my last post. So maybe your point isn't entirely without foundation, but it's insignificant. You've blown this out of all proportion, and if Canada wasn't a country with so many Sikh representatives it wouldn't even have got a mention.

The real story is the story in the first paragraphs, not the last one almost added as an afterthought.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 12:36 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:
We have such a lack of understanding of what different indian outfits mean, that for all he knew it could have been the equivalent of a cowboy outfit or a biker's.

actually this is something he would know a reasonable amount about

he's a more than half-decent Bhangra dancer

and have you seen our Minister of National Defence ? or the leader of the NDP?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 12:38 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau met his Indian counterpart, Narendra Modi, on Friday.

there was a funny interview with an Indian politician on the CBC on Thursday. he said the thing Trudeau had to watch out for was not being more dressed up than Modi - as Modi is also very well known for his penchant for big style.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 12:50 pm
@ehBeth,
If Trudeau was guilty of one thing it was being too eager to please. Most Indians were amused by his enthusiasm, a few were annoyed, but some people are always bloody annoyed.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What the natural born fuck is wrong with Justin Trudeau?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:12:14