What the natural born **** is wrong with Justin Trudeau?

Lash

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 12:55 pm
@izzythepush,
I don’t check in with political parties to see what my opinion should align with. He looked ridiculous; I thought so as did plenty of others.

Why don’t you attempt to learn how to disagree with someone without all the personal drama?

Kolyo

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 12:59 pm
@Joeblow,
Joeblow wrote:

I hope he doesn't apologise.

Maybe he'll apologize and make a mistake in his wording and have to apologize again. Seems to happen a lot these days. Apologies turn into Napoleon's retreat from Moscow.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 01:57 pm
@Lash,
Because that would be denying the flaming obvious. You've deliberately missed the entire reason for difficulties surrounding Trudeau's visit to pursue a right wing agenda. I'm not pretending otherwise.

Actually, there's nothing personal about it. I would love to believe you'd seen the light and abandoned the dark side I really would, but when you attack anti fascist protesters and misrepresent foreign visits it's impossible to do so.

I don't check in on political parties either. I don't need to I'm not trying to be something I'm not. When you start sounding like someone who believes in progressive politics I might give some credence to your claims.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 07:23 pm
@Lash,
He's a fatuous tool who has risen to power based solely on his family ties and his good looks.

How ironic that the left embraces him.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 07:40 pm
Let's see...I bet blatham loves the guy.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 07:55 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Isn’t it funny to see them get so bent out of shape over such mild criticism of Trudeau??

Idol worship in politics is a huge mistake. It’s one of the reasons we’re in such a ridiculous position now.
farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 11:51 pm
@Lash,
only 3 people getting excited here. Thats you, Finnsy the and the Brit berserker
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 25 Feb, 2018 11:57 pm
My BP and pulse remained at unexcited levels throughout.

We did have to triage some Canadians in the parking lot.
farmerman

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2018 12:31 am
@Lash,
hmm, welll, the way you write, had you been talking, youd be spittling .
izzythepush

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2018 02:55 am
@Lash,
Trudeau is a politician the other side of the ocean. To be honest he's not someone I pay a great deal of attention to, but at least he seems a decent enough bloke, unlike your president who is an abomination.

I was being serious when I said my criticism of you was far from personal. That may have been true a while back, but recently, politics aside our exchanges have been cordial, friendly even, especially when talking about television shows.

I have been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. When I first clicked on this thread I hoped your criticism of Trudeau might be legitimate, something about his insistence on taking politically correct language to the nth degree. This invites ridicule and detracts from the very important purpose of political correctness which is to try to make sure everyone is treated decently.

Instead it's this, a skewed report on a foreign visit which over exaggerates the anger felt by a tiny section of Indian society, (in all likelihood right wing Hindu nationalists,) and makes absolutely no mention of the real reason for difficulties on the trip. As the picture of Dennis Thatcher shows western politicians, and their spouses, often look ridiculous when they try to adopt local dress. At least Trudeau has to dress in Indian garb to look like a dickhead, Donald Trump, just has to encounter a mild breeze.

This is not the first time you've misrepresented events to push a right wing agenda. Most telling is the lies you told about protesters marching against Tory cuts to the NHS. You lied when you said they were protesting against the NHS, and you lied when you said they were protesting against the system. Even when I told you the real reason why people were marching, because I actually know some of the protesters, you continued with the lie.

Giving someone the benefit of the doubt is one thing, but it's another thing to act like a bloody idiot. And on balance of the political nature of your posts only a bloody idiot could think you were a believer in progressive politics.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2018 05:58 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
He's a fatuous tool who has risen to power based solely on his family ties and his good looks.

As opposed to being an artless huckster cashing in on the electorate's mindless fascination with celebrity?
Quote:
How ironic that the left embraces* him.

Duh. No more ironic than the Republicans abandoning their conservative principles in deference to said artless huckster. People tend to support those who their political foes oppose. Big deal.

*Notice the use of the word "embrace", cleverly insinuating a level of intimacy which would be missing if "back" or "support" were used.

Here's a further example from the same source:
Quote:
Let's see...I bet blatham loves the guy.
Lash

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2018 06:45 am
@farmerman,
Nah. I thought Trudeau was goofy, not that he's committed some great crime. The indignant defenses are weird to me, as is your defense of them.

The pictures of this cultural misappropriation are comical.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2018 06:52 am
Shirtless Justin Trudeau demands family photo him.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2016/08/07/shirtless-justin-trudeau-making-waves-online.html
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2018 06:58 am
Little context about the self-promotion of Mr Trudeau.

Please wear your hard hat.
----------------
Canadian and global media fawn over what appear to be candid images of the prime minister, a social media savant one journalist described as ‘the political equivalent of a YouTube puppy video’

He’s tackled quantum physics, photobombed a beach wedding, posed shirtless for selfies with a family hiking in the woods and, most recently, jogged past a group of Canadian teenagers heading to prom.

And each time, Justin Trudeau’s actions have earned lavish attention from media outlets in Canada and around the world.

But after it was pointed out that the shot of Trudeau breezing past the prom-bound teens was snapped by his official photographer, some Canadians have been asking why the media continues to fall for what seems to be a constant stream of PR stunts.

In politics, even the most spontaneous run-ins are carefully set up, noted Robyn Urback, a columnist for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. “And public photobombs by politicians in their Sunday sweats usually involve some sort of prior coordination,” she said.

In order to capture the moment that Trudeau jogged past the teens, the Maclean’s reporter Aaron Hutchins wrote this week, the staff photographer would have had to run ahead of a planned route, set up his equipment to carefully frame the desired shot and ensure he was ready to snap when Trudeau came by. “And what once appeared like a pleasant coincidence of timing for whomever gets to pose with the prime minister, it’s starting to feel even more like a staged exercise than it was before,” said Hutchins.

Still, the encounter between Trudeau and the students went viral, catapulted into social media by headlines splashed around the world. The media – both in Canada and around the world – was now complicit in boosting what Urback described as the “vanity project” being manufactured by Trudeau and his team.

“If this had been the first time the media got suckered into turning a staged Trudeau photo-op into a story, it would be a little more forgivable,” she said. But outlets around the world – including the Guardian – seemingly have an endless appetite for Trudeau-related photos, whether he is showing off yoga moves, jogging in short shorts alongside Mexico’s Enrique Peña Nieto or gazing into the camera as a young man, his shirt open.
farmerman

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2018 07:12 am
@Lash,
Ya think Trudeau is doing better at PR than i our own distinguished president??

I know hes a lot smarter
Joeblow

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2018 07:32 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

We did have to triage some Canadians in the parking lot.

And we thank you. We were dying from laughter!
Lash

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2018 07:36 am
@farmerman,
It’s funny. Considering Trump’s alternately bizarre, racist, and ignorant rhetoric domestically and on the international stage, all a state leader has to do is not jump up and say “OVER HERE!” and they could easily benefit by comparison.

Young Justin has been jumping up pretty enthusiastically.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2018 07:38 am
@Joeblow,
I’m so glad you received as intended.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2018 08:28 am
@farmerman,
Washing breakfast dishes and thinking about this.

Your defense of Trudeau and criticism of me for bringing up Trudeau’s odd behavior represents the grooming of a duopoly mindset. Trudeau’s antics are in no way related to Trump. They stand alone.

It’s like having two children and, instead of evaluating and raising both of them on their own merits, you only evaluate one of them based solely on comparison to the other. You’re going to warp both of them.

This kind of thinking got Donald Trump elected.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2018 08:46 am
@Lash,
Yes
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 09:23:35