What the natural born **** is wrong with Justin Trudeau?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2018 08:49 am
@hightor,
Quote:
As opposed to being an artless huckster cashing in on the electorate's mindless fascination with celebrity?

Is this an example of the dread two-tukus fallacy you frequently complain about?
hightor

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:32 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
You accused him of being a "fatuous tool" and suggested that he had no real qualifications for the leadership position he is in. Then you wondered why he had support from leftists. I pointed out that people commonly overlook the personal faults of politicians who promote the policies that they agree with. I've never complained about this "two-tukus fallacy" which you claim that I do with some frequency. I assume you're referring to the "tu quoque fallacy", in which case you're thinking of Setanta.
Quote:
A type of ad hominem argument in which a person turns a charge back on his or her accuser: a logical fallacy. Also called the "you too," the "two wrongs," or the "look who's talking" fallacy.

In this case your argument was based on a mistaken assumption that people only support politicians of impeccable character and exemplary behavior. In the current political climate tribal solidarity is too common to be "ironic". My argument is based on the fact that your assumption is questionable, not that "your side does it too".
ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:55 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Then you wondered why he had support from leftists. I pointed out that people commonly overlook the personal faults of politicians who promote the policies that they agree with.

it makes sense that people support candidates they voted for, especially if they're succeeding in the platform they were elected on

Trudeau's pretty much doing what his party/their voters wanted. If he does it in costume, who cares. As I've said before I didn't vote for him but if he gets more non-US trade agreements, I'm willing to overlook his wardrobe. Easy peasy.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2018 11:15 am
@hightor,
Really?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2018 01:21 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
Trudeau’s antics are in no way related to Trump. They stand alone.

It’s like having two children and, instead of evaluating and raising both of them on their own merits, you only evaluate one of them based solely on comparison to the other. You’re going to warp both of them.

So I can take it that the next time someone criticises Trump you won't mention Mrs Clinton.
Ragman

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2018 04:53 pm
@izzythepush,
Who is Mrs. Clinton. Any relationship to Bill ? Is she in office now? What did I miss ' cause I was asleep for 12 months.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2018 05:12 pm
@Ragman,
I'd turn over and go back for another 36 if I were you.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2018 11:29 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
instead of the real reason which is Modi's treatment of ethnic minorities most notably the Sikhs and Muslims, although there are others.

You stunning hypocrite Brits, the people who raped and pillaged India, and other SE Asian nations for centuries, treating native populations like they were your slave. You stunning racist hypocrites!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2018 01:46 pm
@Ragman,
I have a feeling that Hillary would not be very fond of your utter dismissal of her...and I have a feeling that if she wasn't so entirely irrelevant to the national discussion, you would be cheering her on.
Ragman

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2018 04:26 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Hillary who? Swank? She’s hot!
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2018 05:17 pm
@Ragman,
Very Happy

A little manly, but in the right light...
Ragman

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2018 06:11 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Wait, wait...Clinton or Swank?
ehBeth

Reply Tue 27 Feb, 2018 06:32 pm
new budget just dropped
I almost wish I could say I'd voted for him

looks like they've been cribbing a fair bit from Norway
the national pharmacare program definitely sounds good
lots of good news for women and science

seems like a lot of spending but as is often said

we'll see

__

the Indian trip seems to have ended in the win column - jobs in Canada and India - investment money going both directions

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/india-trudeau-trip-wrap-up-1.4550703

Quote:
They — Modi in particular — appeared charmed by his kids and the fact that he brought them. Hadrien alone created more goodwill than an army of diplomats.

The trip hit some major bumps, and on Thursday looked like it might go sideways, but it ended on a high note.

And that's what happened in India.

apparently this might have all been about 2019

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/grenier-trudeau-india-1.4544010

(did I mention my crush on Harjeet Sajjian's voice?)
izzythepush

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2018 01:39 am
@Ragman,
Edmund, he can get you up there.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2018 04:39 am
@ehBeth,
You guys always seem to get a happy ending whenever these shitstorms occur. We just get bigger shitstorms converging into Shitmageddon
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2018 11:09 am
@Ragman,
Swank of course...there isn't enough light in the cosmos to make Hillary look good.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 04:48:29