religion and aliens

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 07:47 pm
How would religion be effected if extraterristrials became a proven fact to the public.? Wouldn't it change the way of the stucture of the church and to see what god really watches over?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 919 • Replies: 12
No top replies

theantibuddha

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 03:01 am
It would be thousands of years before most would even notice. Then they would shrug, a few splinter groups would form and the religion as a whole would continue mostly unchanged.

Religion doesn't exactly keep with the times.
0 Replies

sunlover

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 02:27 pm
I agree with antibuddah. What has religion and the church's traditions todo with extraterrestrials, though? The "church" refers to the people, WE are the church. It will do as we demand, but most people wouldn't believe that.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 10:31 pm
Re: religion and aliens
The Axonist wrote:
How would religion be effected if extraterristrials became a proven fact to the public.? Wouldn't it change the way of the stucture of the church and to see what god really watches over?

After seeing the fundamentalists deny the obvious fact of biological evolution, I have not doubt that nothing can shake them from their tree. Not even a horde of squirmy telepathic aliens with Faster-Than-Light galaxy jumping hotrods. God works in mysterious ways, Don't 'cha know.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 11:03 pm
We's have a whole new planet full of heretics and splitters to torture and murder whilst spreading the words of a gentle, loving God. If we are lucky they may have lots of gold and precious gems and their blue skin will make it easy to enslave them and work off some karmic debt that the creator has laid upon them.

Conversely, their beliefs may involve turning other planets to charcoal in the name of their deity. Not a good outcome either way.
0 Replies

dauer

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 03:17 pm
Maybe the Raelians are correct.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 03:26 pm
Maybe they would conclude that aliens are really biblical angels.
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 08:16 am
dauer wrote:
Maybe the Raelians are correct.

Very Happy Heheheh, *giggle*. Laughing Yeah, maybe the *giggle* Raelians Laughing are correct.

Laughing
0 Replies

dauer

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 03:05 pm
Hey, I like the Raelians Their name sounds cool. It rhymes with alien... alien...

The aliens are coming
Rallying the knowing ones
The aliens are coming
Raelians invited them
The aliens are coming
They came here days long ago
The aliens are coming
Elohim come like an arrow

In the days forgotten the Elohim did reign
And with their mighty pumpkin ray we knew that they'd come back again!
In ages left behind us the UFOs would fly
But we know they'll be back again to soar in the colloidal sky!

The aliens are here now
The cities sing like hungry oars
The aliens are here now
The pumpkin ray seduced our shores
The aliens are here now
We have no time to celebrate
The aliens are here now
Expose your belly for incuba-
tion!

Raelians rock, antibuddha. And if you can't see it, well, then you'll never get to know the full capacities of the pumpkin ray.
0 Replies

The Axonist

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 11:20 pm
Re: religion and aliens
rosborne979 wrote:
The Axonist wrote:

After seeing the fundamentalists deny the obvious fact of biological evolution, I have not doubt that nothing can shake them from their tree. Not even a horde of squirmy telepathic aliens with Faster-Than-Light galaxy jumping hotrods. God works in mysterious ways, Don't 'cha know.

How can they ignore something especially if its right in front of them. from a different planet with quite possibly more logical beliefs and/or facts.
0 Replies

Wilzer

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 07:51 am
There's an irony here. Evoltionary scientists (me being one) believe that levels of probability involved in evolution are so large that it is impossible for it to have happened anywhere else but earth. Anyway, i doubt if it would be their more logical beliefs or facts that would do it, it'd most likely be cause their green...
0 Replies

sunlover

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 12:56 pm
I don't think aliens exist, but should I be wrong, hopefully one of the rules the little green doughboys apply to planet earth is: "Look but don't touch" or "live and let live."

dauer, that was GOOD!
0 Replies

Eryemil

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2005 11:24 pm
Maybe the aliens will come, abduct me and make me their king! Then I can order them to evaporate the Earth in a hail of energy blasts. Twisted Evil
0 Replies