When was life created?

RexRed

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 10:52 am
We are able to reproduce but the universe is able to reflect, like images and light principles.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 07:56 pm
rosborne979 wrote:
RexRed wrote:
There is intelligence in nature though no single "element" of nature by itself can "think".

At one level, human beings can think, and we are an "element" of nature. But then again, a human being is a collection of cells and atoms which don't think for themselves. I'm not even sure what it is about a human which is doing the thinking. It's almost like self awareness is a Universe unto itself. Where does perception end and physics begin.

RexRed wrote:
Are we really supposed to believe that the entire universe came out of something spontaneously becoming/being?

Why not? Virtual particles appear out of nothing all the time. We can even measure the force of it; the Casimir Effect.

rosborne

Thanks for mentioning the Casimir Effect. I had never heard of it and I found the discovery very interesting. Right after you wrote about it in your post I went on the internet and researched what the Casimir Effect is. When I discovered it is (in layman's terms) an energy of sorts between two parallel mirrors, I found that intriguing.

It was first interesting when I thought about the reflective characteristics of mirrors facing each other. Then I took it a step further and conceptualized a box with a mirrored interior. I went into a 3D computer graphic program called Bryce 3D. I placed a camera inside of a box and put a radial light inside of the box (let there be light). On the interior surface of the box I put a silver mirrored surface. When I rendered the picture it was magnificent. It was the radial light subject duplicated on all 6 walls in a panorama around the walls of the box and splayed off into infinity...

Working with mirrored/chromed surfaces and volumes have always been of special interest to me.

So then what struck me was the symmetry of the reflections in the box... They were too even. They looked like a space or universe but it was too aligned and straight.

I then surmised that it was possibly life that made our universe fall out of it's perfect architecture. Then it occurred to me... what if it was the Casimir Effect? That my graphics program was not taking into consideration the vacuum and the way the Casimir Effect would bend the light and create a symmetry that had the effect factored in. Then maybe the reflections in the box would resemble our universe moreso. Then I thought about fractal geometry for some odd reason and Fibonacci, detail in infinity.

I tried my experiment inside of a sphere and there were no reflections at all the radial light only reflected a smooth consistent gradient of light inside the mirrored sphere. It also occurred to me to try the experiment inside of more sided figures than a box i.e. 5, 6, 7, 8 sided figures... and pyramid see how the reflections are changed.

Then the kicker is of course the Bible that says we are "created" in God's "image".

It makes a difference the shape of the confines of the universe. The character of the energy within is indicative of not only the contents within but also of the outer surface.

It seemed silly to me to consider the reflections of a light in a mirror, "a universe". But we think the universe that we live in is the object and seldom do we consider it possibly only an image of the true object it represents. This object it is the "image" of, creates space, time and matter...

Could the subject be quantum and the image be relativity?

Again I am just rambling...

I also thought that the "boundaries that contain the universe do not necessarily need to be a box outside of the perimeter of the universe but can be confines within the universe that are dimensional planes that project the universe "beyond the box" or confine/constrain the universe to it's shape.

If there is anything here of interest please reply.

thx
0 Replies

g day

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 02:54 am
A significantly complex system can create self replicating beings.

Life itself is amazing but intelligent life able to ponder the significance of the Universe - the system that created them - and their part in it is truely unquely distinguishing and defining and far more rare; astronomically so!

In a very real way we define the wonder of the Universe - no matter what your belief system.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 07:22 am
g__day wrote:
In a very real way we define the wonder of the Universe - no matter what your belief system.

Exactly.

We are here. We think. The Universe Thinks.

And more importantly, the potential for awareness is built into the very fabric of the Universe. And only the passing of time is needed for it to gain expression.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 07:35 am
RexRed wrote:
So then what struck me was the symmetry of the reflections in the box... They were too even. They looked like a space or universe but it was too aligned and straight.

It's interesting that you mention symmetry, because the Universe has a distinct lack of symmetry. Not only were there blotches of irregularity in the heat signature of the early Universe, but there is an imbalance between matter and anti-matter.

The Universe as we know it would not exist if it were perfectly symmetrical. We owe our existance to asymmetry. And we don't yet know why the Universe is asymmetric.

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/0302/sky_wmap.jpg
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 01:29 pm
rosborne979 wrote:
g__day wrote:

Exactly.

We are here. We think. The Universe Thinks.

And more importantly, the potential for awareness is built into the very fabric of the Universe. And only the passing of time is needed for it to gain expression.

Very nice!
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 01:37 pm
rosborne979 wrote:
RexRed wrote:

It's interesting that you mention symmetry, because the Universe has a distinct lack of symmetry. Not only were there blotches of irregularity in the heat signature of the early Universe, but there is an imbalance between matter and anti-matter.

The Universe as we know it would not exist if it were perfectly symmetrical. We owe our existance to asymmetry. And we don't yet know why the Universe is asymmetric.

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/0302/sky_wmap.jpg

rosborne

What are your thoughts on this? If we were to reverse the picture you posted in time backward do you think it would have more or less symmetry? I know we are seeing the light come to us that has taken light years to arrive our space telescope camera but what was before this we see? Also, if we were to look down on the picture you posted instead of out at it would it look differently? Might there be symmetry then, might we see a universe evolving?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 02:24 pm
The Casimier effect transferred it's own attractive qualities to matter as gravity.

Here are a couple of jpg's I rendered in Bryce 3D.

http://24.93.132.47/tworenders.html

The one is a light in a box and the other is a light in a pyramid. What kind of interests me is the idea that most of the universe is made of spheres. I know of no boundless plains that are perfectly flat in the universe as structures. Yet magnetism has a plane, the universe is divided by this plane. This plane and other planes could form a box... somewhere in the universe.

It is within this box that creation happens. We do not see planets shaped like boxes and pyramids but energy forces naturally travel in straight lines. I would think that the lack of box shaped planets should make us look for the box objects elsewhere.

Also when it comes to the shape of a galaxy, that detail is formed by fractal exponential geometry. Did the universe have to start off big or could it have grown from one single digit?

What is interesting in the renders is that the universe could have started out symmetrical... many things in nature do... but it's gravitational energies and "planes" could be moving the universe into another symmetry that we cannot distinguish yet..
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 01:27 am
*Gracefully bows out of the conversation*

This is way beyond my knowledge of science at this point.

*De-activates reply notification for himself for this thread*
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 05:37 am
This entire subject has become almost a point by point discussion of the Gaia hypothesis
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 08:16 am
farmerman wrote:
This entire subject has become almost a point by point discussion of the Gaia hypothesis

What is interesting about Gaia is the tendency for humans to attach persona to "things". We think of God as a persona and not only an energy. We think of life as a persona as in the holy spirit. We tend to see thing that move and then the natural progression is to attach the perspective of life to them. We think of the wind as being alive. Mountains are alive and the ocean is an alive...

I think that taking this perspective that "things" are "alive" can add an element of learning. In reality these things may be no more alive than a rock or piece of dust. We think of animals as being alive but we use them as a source of food? We think of plants as being alive but we relegate them to the term "still" life.

A dog's nose is a million times more sensitive than a humans. Plants can sense the motion of the moon. So who or what is alive? Yet, humans can research science and discover technologies beyond any other known earthly creature. The ability to invent (mimic, counterfeit), this ability is second only to the ability to create.

We know, by reality, that the universe does exist. So there are only two possibilities... the universe has existed forever or it was created at some point. Then we can consider it either created itself or was created by something else. We consider the universe as possibly being full of life... but is it also alive?
0 Replies