http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/2056575p-8441263c.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,789 • Replies: 21
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 09:17 am
The guy's still critical. If he ends up dying after all this...

2 hours in a body bag!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 09:17 am
Plus of course they must've just flung that thing around, thinking there was a dead (not live but injured) body in it...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 09:20 am
yowza! He could have died in that bag.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 09:21 am
Ok, this freaks me out.

My hubby refuses to be an organ donor because he is terrified that they will take his organs before he is dead. I cannot let him see this or I will never convince him to be a donor!

How could that happen???? Seriously, if someone has no pulse, no breathing, they are dead. But don't you attempt life saving? How could this guy just miraculously start living again? Someone f'ed up....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 09:23 am
Not to mention that the examiner guy noticed he was breathing BEFORE he took the scalpel to him -- if the first cut was nice and deep...

<thoroughly creeped out>
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 09:24 am
sozobe wrote:
Not to mention that the examiner guy noticed he was breathing BEFORE he took the scalpel to him -- if the first cut was nice and deep...

<thoroughly creeped out>

I wouldn't be so much concerned about the knife as I would about the saw they take to your breast plate......
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 09:25 am
That's what I was thinking Soz! Brrr!

So, we still check someone's pulse and breathing? Did we learn nothing from Romeo and Juliet? Seriously, a soft pulse is hard to find sometimes.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 09:26 am
littlek wrote:
That's what I was thinking Soz! Brrr!

So, we still check someone's pulse and breathing? Did we learn nothing from Romeo and Juliet? Seriously, a soft pulse is hard to find sometimes.

Yeah but isn't that what they are trained to do? <<<shiver>>>
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 09:54 am
Maybe they can hook him up with that funeral home down there that doesn't really bury their clients.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 09:56 am
. . . course then he might have to chew his way to the top of the pile. Shocked
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 10:11 am
WhoodaThunk wrote:
Maybe they can hook him up with that funeral home down there that doesn't really bury their clients.

Ahem....that is in Georgia, not God's country <harumph> Laughing
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 11:00 am
Holy Crap!

Quote:
Emergency medical technicians declared Green dead and placed him in a body bag for transport to the morgue.

What kind of whacked out state has EMTs declaring death. Even here, it takes a doctor or state highway patrolman - and nobody, I mean nobody, knows how the highway patrol got into the act.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 11:00 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
WhoodaThunk wrote:

Ahem....that is in Georgia, not God's country <harumph> Laughing

All cats are black at midnight....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 11:10 am
You guys keep talking **** about North Carolina...via your IP addresses, the SBI is, even as you type, forwarding your home addresses and all other pertainent information to the Barney Fife Homeland Security Squad......watch your back beeeyatches Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 11:12 am
on a serious note..the four EMT's have been suspended....the coroner on live local news just said it's not his job to declare people dead...CYA city baby.....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 11:15 am
This is going to be a major lawsuit....and I just happen to know a terrific litigator with a great track record who has just recently found himself not so busy...right in the neighborhood too....
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 11:54 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
You guys keep talking **** about North Carolina...via your IP addresses, the SBI is, even as you type, forwarding your home addresses and all other pertainent information to the Barney Fife Homeland Security Squad......watch your back beeeyatches Evil or Very Mad

I rarely badmouth NC ... we just had a knockdown icestorm ... no power for 5+ days ... crews from PA, MI, MD, & all around came to help ... but the crew that hooked up the power on my road was from ... Mayberry ... Mt. Airy, NC !!

Thelma Lou never looked better than she did up a pole hooking up e-lec-trizity. Very Happy
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 11:57 am
Shooo wee....if you think that's hot you oughta see Juanita from the diner bending over the stove stirring the Brunswick Stew.....
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 08:32 am
Our daughter heard about this from one of her teachers yesterday. We were talking about it and I mentioned how scarey it would be, especially since I had seen or heard something like this when I was around 10, which made me paranoid for years about going to sleep!

I said I was glad our technology today makes this a very rare incident.

She said her teacher said it actually happens pretty frequently.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Sad

think I need to find some stats on that before bed tonight!
0 Replies