THE MEANING OF OZ - All you need to know!

Dutchy

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 04:43 am
@msolga,
Have a roaring fire going myself beyond the black stump, pretty damp and cold.
msolga

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 04:46 am
@Dutchy,
Yep, it can't be put off, I'm afraid, Dutchy.
Winter, dammit.
dlowan

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 08:16 am
@msolga,
I love winter!!
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 02:39 pm
well, if you feel that way about it, deb, feel free to keep it a little longer this time around, before you hand if off back to us some months from now. Keep it for a year or two, if you'd like. Snow, yuck.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 09:11 pm
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

No, you are east of us, margo! Wink

Well - I'm from the inner west of Sydney (so that makes me a westie) - and you were all west of me...but now ragnel pops up from Freshy, which, I'm afraid, is east of me - and everyone else!

Bah!

I was thinking of you this morning, MsO - do you recall a thread you had on Abuzz about revolting pink tomato thingys, decrying the standard of 'matas these/those days?

I was slicing up this thing that looked like a tomato - but there the similarity ended. No taste, no smell. Not even the right texture.

Double Bah!
ragnel

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 04:54 am
@margo,
I just love the way you wait until that exact moment when the tomato becomes soft enough to have developed some flavour and find it has started to rot on the inside.

I had one a few weeks ago in which the seeds had sprouted and seemed to be in a state of suspended animation.
dadpad

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 05:12 am
Just grow your own tomatoes.
spendius

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 09:31 am
And an Australian trouser is in the World Snooker semi-final and leading 4-0 in a best of 33 frames match with a Brit.

What happened to Eddie Charlton?
dlowan

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 03:54 pm
@dadpad,
I have a happy time with my shop tomatoes...they are lovely and do not do such ill-mannered things as rot when just ripe!
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 04:18 pm
@spendius,
I don't know what happened to Eddie Spendie, but I do miss Walter Lindrum....
msolga

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 04:33 pm
@margo,
Quote:
Well - I'm from the inner west of Sydney (so that makes me a westie) - and you were all west of me...but now ragnel pops up from Freshy, which, I'm afraid, is east of me - and everyone else!

Bah!

Confusing isn't it, margo, pinpointing your exact spot on the A2K Oz map? When it keeps changing all the time!

We need some Tasmanians, Western Australians & NT folk here. We are way too east/south coast heavy! (Not that there are that many of us here! And folk come, then vanish all too often. Remember Adrian? And the ex-policeman from SA? He was fun. But his name has escaped me. Confused And then there was ... )

Quote:
I was thinking of you this morning, MsO - do you recall a thread you had on Abuzz about revolting pink tomato thingys, decrying the standard of 'matas these/those days?

I was slicing up this thing that looked like a tomato - but there the similarity ended. No taste, no smell. Not even the right texture.

Double Bah!

What a memory you have! Yes, I vaguely recall now. I think I called it something like: "What are these weird tasteless, pink, hard objects masquerading as tomatoes?"

And nothing much has changed in the world of bought Oz tomatoes since!

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 04:37 pm
@ragnel,
Quote:
I just love the way you wait until that exact moment when the tomato becomes soft enough to have developed some flavour and find it has started to rot on the inside.

Yes, it happens to me quite often, too, ragnel. I really don't know why I persist in buying them, really. Sheer stubbornness & misguided optimism, I guess. They are such a let-down! Smile
I think Deb might have a superior greengrocer to you & me!
ragnel

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2010 11:27 pm
@msolga,
I agree. Methinks I detected an ever-so-slight whiff of smug superiority in her comment.

I used to grow my own dadpad, but where I am now has no garden. I have bought a hanging gizmo in which to grow them, but will have to wait until winter passes to get it up and running, I think.
msolga

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 02:27 am
@ragnel,
Quote:
Methinks I detected an ever-so-slight whiff of smug superiority in her comment.

A word of warning: tread carefully, ragnel. The bunny can be quite fiery when she's in the mood to be miffed! And a miffed bunny is quite something to behold! Wink

dadpad

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 02:32 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

The bunny can be quite fiery when she's in the mood to be miffed! And a miffed bunny is quite something to behold! Wink

The bunny is a pussy
msolga

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 02:37 am
@dadpad,
You just haven't crossed her yet!!! Smile

You'll see!

But you have been warned, OK? Wink
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 04:20 am
@dadpad,
dadpad wrote:

msolga wrote:

The bunny can be quite fiery when she's in the mood to be miffed! And a miffed bunny is quite something to behold! Wink

The bunny is a pussy

The roo is a mouse with delusions of grandeur and a trick mirror.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 04:22 am
@msolga,
I DO buy vine-ripened....and I have a real eye for the good cherry tomatoes.

But I agree, nothing beats home-grown. I keep meaning to grow the cherry ones on my balcony.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 07:05 am
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2010 03:50 pm
@ragnel,
ragnel wrote:

I agree. Methinks I detected an ever-so-slight whiff of smug superiority in her comment.

Jeez - that ragnel's brave - baiting a bunny - even mildly.

The rest of us are much too fraidy!