Please explain your thread!!!
0 Replies

Max209

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2005 02:27 pm
secondid??
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 04:06 am
Damn, this thread looked really interesting...

Wish I knew what the hell it was about.
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 07:52 pm
Hello again.

Sorry for leaving my response for so long. I like to abandon some of my posts and then listen to other people's posts without interfering, but sometimes that doesn't work because nobody gets my point ( i am appalling at explaining myself) .

A "dark night of the soul" means ( or i intended it to mean) , basically, an intense feeling of spiritual emptiness and meaningless. A sense that life has meaning . A feeling of being isolated from the rest of the universe and a painfully uncertainty about what any of this ( life) means. That is all. It;s a little like depression but more slanted towards a spiritual void> i asked the question here because a lot of people on this branch seem to be deeply spiritual, and it would be interesting to here your answers and whether you found a solution.
0 Replies

Rancid

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 08:00 pm
When I was about 13 I went through a period where I couldn't sleep at night because whenever I closed my eyes I started to feel like I was drifting. I felt a sense of total emptiness and loneliness (even though I shared a room with my older brother) and a sense of dread like I would never wake up. Dont know if this is the same thing as what you're talking about but anyways...

It turned out I was having migranes (the ones that aren't painful) that were causing chemical reactions in my brain, bringing up all kinds of strange feelings simultaneously.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 09:11 pm
Heavens yes, of course.

One struggles with anomie from time to time.
0 Replies

kimmer

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 10:41 pm
dark night of the soul
This almost sounds like an out of body experience.
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 02:48 am
Odd Socks wrote:
A "dark night of the soul" means (or i intended it to mean), basically, an intense feeling of spiritual emptiness and meaningless.

I sometimes question the worthiness of the "spiritual path" (man I hate using words like that) that I have dedicated myself to. At moments when it all seems pointless I've felt much like you've described.

Quote:
and whether you found a solution.

Yes, the solution I found was to consider other paths. Once I opened my mind to the possibility of accepting another one I found that what was once moments of anxiety and depression became simply points where I can make a choice.

I'm still uncertain, and I think it's better that way.
0 Replies