DO IRAQ AND IRAN SHARE THE SAME DESTINY ?

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 10:02 am
Now that Bush's second term begins, I would like to point out the most important challenge he will face: the Iranian threat.

There were no mass destruction weapons in Iraq after all. There were
neither links between Sadam and Al Quaeda. Despite the Iraq War has not been the finest hour of American diplomacy, I still think it was a necessary and righteous action. Maybe the war arose due to economic interests, but a more complex and subtle analysis leads to the following conclusion: American neoconservatives were aiming at the creation of a democratic state in the Middle East- a region were almost everybody is under the despotic rule of an Ala blessed king or a ruthless dictator whose main objective is the entire annihilation of Israel. Iraq will also be a state committed to international free trade, instead of the OPEC ( a villainous cartel which is responsible for the most harmful economic crisis of the last 30 years ). So, once Iraq had retrieved peace, a big battle will have been won in the war against terrorism (yes, all these governments are strong supporters of terrorism).

Well, take a look at Iran.

-Ruthless dictator( mullahs)(official objective: destroy Israel and the Jews all over the world)
+
-Strong commitment to the OPEC
+
-Development of technology which is mainly used to produce NUCLEAR WEAPONS. This means tactical nukes and, if we wait a little bit more, a few ICBM.
+
- By the time the International Community had tried to stop this program trough non violent means, it will be too late. Iran will be able to blackmail the free world. For example, they would force us to suspend aid to Israel. That would be an unbearable burden

= At the end, the International Community, led by the US, will have no choice but attacking Iran, whose military technology will have improved so much that the clerics will be the effective rulers not only of Iran, but the entire Middle East. They will impose tariffs to other small and weak countries (I am thinking of Qatar, the United Arab Emirates , Saudi Arabia), in order to reduce oil production. That will ultimately boost oil price to the 1981 levels (or even higher). What follows may sound paranoid to many liberals, but it is likely to happen. At the beginning of the attack, America's high- tech Army will easily overcome and defeat the Iranian troops. The Iranian regime will have then to face internal uprisings. In a last attempt to keep the power, they will not hesitate to launch a series of NUCLEAR COUNTERSTRIKES. Just imagine the consequences…

SO
IF THEY DO NOT AGREE TO DISMANTLE THEIR NUCLEAR WEAPONS PROGRAMME, due to the failure of the diplomatic and economic pressure.

A PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE on Iranian nuclear facilities is the best solution.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 531 • Replies: 2
No top replies

HofT

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 12:35 pm
Thomas Hayden wrote:
Goerge W. Bush has won 2004 elections. Everybody is talking of a pre-emptive attack on Iran. Why? They are intending to develop nuclear weapons- that is what our leaders are telling us. But, where is the real danger?Have a look at North Korea. An stalinist regime at the beginning of the 21th century, whose ruthless leaders are crazy enough to sell their tactical nukes( maybe they have already got an ICBM) to a terrorist group.

My words may sound paranoic...."

No kidding, Thom! 3 weeks ago you wanted us to attack North Korea, now it's Iran. We'll wait another few weeks before attacking anybody - btw, where are you located?

Rest assured your words don't sound "paranoic" (sic), just comical <G>
0 Replies

HofT

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 01:03 pm
Thomas Hayden wrote:
As far as I see, the invasion of Irak is becoming a quagmire........The countries which belong to the Axis of Evil - Syria, Iran, North Korea- will be encouraged to support terrorism, with no risk. Without American troops to ensure order, Irak´s weak political estructures will collapse and finally it will break out a civil war( which will make the invasion seem good by comparison). The winning faction will ally with US enemies all over the world..... A war has never been won trough cowardice.

Syria, too?! Sorry I missed your previous entry, Thom - any more targeting ideas, please post right here.
0 Replies