My Dream of Heaven...Sent by God or Not?!

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 06:11 pm
Hey guys,
I just want to know what you guys think of visions and signs from God.
When I was younger, I was Christian but then I stopped caring, and I got this really strange dream, I believe it was sent from God...
I was in the car driving with my mom, and this soldier stopped us, and he came up to the windsheild and shot me. Then I went to heaven, i dont really remember what I saw, but I do remember I felt really amazing, I felt so peaceful and great inside, and when I woke up, I had a really strange feeling as well. I do believe that was sent from God because I've heard of other people that had that type of dream, except they were actually dieing, what do you guys think.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 806 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 07:53 pm
I tend to believe that dreams come from my unconscious mind.

Where ever your dream originated the message is one of serenity and peace.

Welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 07:56 pm
Indeed it did!!!

I am with Noddy re the unconscious mind thing.

Thing is, if one DOES believe in a od, one would have no problems believing that it did - so your question is likely t be answered quite differently, according to whether one is a believer or not.

I am wondering, though, if it was a dream nostalgic for your believing past?

Tell us more about what meaning the dream has for you???????
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 08:00 pm
Hannah Jane - you really did have bad luck that so many of our more humorous members answered your question first.

They are actually lots of fun when you get to know them, (indeed, you might find them funny already, who knows?) - but they can be a little off-putting when you are new.

So - welcome - and I am sure others who will be a little more serious about your question will also come along. It is an interesting question.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 08:02 pm
Folks, I think she is gone, hmmm. Come back!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 08:34 pm
Actually - in most cultures in the past - and many still - it would not have been questioned that your dream had a divine origin (or, if the prevailing religion was very powerful and paranoid, a demonic one).

Dreams were considered a channel to the divine.
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 10:25 pm
A Freudian-style analysis might be relevant... (especially since your MOTHER was in the car).

It is curious that your "Soldier" is generic rather than a specific person known to you.
Can you describe what kind of gun he used?
Was there only one shot?
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 10:33 pm
I read somewhere that the characters in our dreams are us, or an off-shoot of the different aspects of our personality.

Anyone.
0 Replies

Hannah Jane

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 12:07 am
paulaj wrote:
I read somewhere that the characters in our dreams are us, or an off-shoot of the different aspects of our personality.

Anyone.
I didnt really notice what the soldier used, but he killed me in 1 shot, and ive never felt so weird in my life, as i did during and after that dream. Whats weird is that I've had many dreams like that...shot and killed when out with someone i know, by someone ive never seen in my life.
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 06:57 pm
I sent that dream to keep you from becoming a Buddhist. Mwahahaha.

Fear me because for I am l33t.

My brain "Hang on, did I just say fear me because for I am l33t?"
My ears "yep"
My eyes "How would you know ears? Not only are you wearing headphones but that was typed not spoken."
My brain "That's it, I'm out of here."

-I haven't slept for like 30 hours. My brain is steadily turning to moosh. I know I don't make any sense.
0 Replies