Is there a way to mark & later find where you left off when reading through hundreds of messages?

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2017 06:54 pm
I'm trying to read messages that have been posted in a FB Group over a period of some years. It's not possible to read them all in one day. Is there a way to mark my place so I can return (on another day) to the spot where I left off reading the messages? In other words, is there a way to avoid having scroll down the long list of messages each day when I return and try to read older messages in the discussion? (Searching for a particular post/message doesn't take me to the spot where I left off reading.) Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 560 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2017 07:27 pm
@UpAndAway,

i don't think you can bookmark your place in a group.

i suppose you could take screenshots of where you leave off.

the problem with groups is the order of the posts can change every time someone makes a comment,
so posts A, B & C may be out of sequence the following day.

FB is short attention span theater... it isn't designed to be navigated so thoroughly...
UpAndAway

Reply Mon 18 Dec, 2017 10:14 pm
@Region Philbis,
-- the problem with groups is the order of the posts can change every time someone makes a comment, so posts A, B & C may be out of sequence the following day. --

Good point. I now see that what I was hoping to be able to do is not possible. Thanks for the info!
0 Replies