Countdown until I get my bundle of chaos!

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 06:57 pm
Advil chased with jack daniels. Laughing

so what are you going to do? You DO have room for them all right? i mean..i HOPE you are not in a tiny 1 bedroom apt. hehe.. i would feel sorry for you, but in my sorrow, I would make some really funny farm animal jokes and post them in the bathroom of our local mcdonalds. Shocked
HAHAHAH:lol:
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 07:00 pm
I will take a pic when they're all here, but yeah... I'm at my Fiance's house right now. It's a 3 bedroom house occupied by just me.
That doesn't help of course. I said yes before I really understood what I was saying yes too.

I don't drink, but I swear I will be on here a lot that week. I may start.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 07:02 pm
HA!
Understood.

Well, if worse comes to worse, you have 3 diffrent rooms you can use to seperate the animals. I would think that since each of them are in ' foreign' territory that none of them will become really aggressive. But ... lets hope you wont need to shut them up for a while. Are they all social? Meaning..around other animals, people etc in thier respoective homes?
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 07:10 pm
MIL's dog, SIL's old dog, and my old dog all know each other. they keep their space though because they just "Deal" with one another. That is a safe scenario.

All three of those dogs are calm, do not move much, and just want to be held.

2 new dogs (mine and SIL's new pup) ....jeez, I have no idea. They will probably want to play, play, play. This will FRIGHTEN to death my dog and sil's old dog. this MAY make mil's dog bite them.

Cat hates dogs. Cat will continue to make it known too by trying to hit all of them (over and over and over and over...). lol

I've already decided the cat must be locked in my bedroom. It's just too much for her. The bad thing is I wanted her to socialize with MY new dog.

My plan: At night, my new dog will be in crate in MY room (door closed) while cat and my old dog sleep in the bed. this will allow the cat to terrorize and inspect the new dog who is locked in a crate. This will allow them to calm down too (at night).

Problem: Last time they were all together for christmas, my dog didn't eat until everyone left.

Solution: lots and lots of hugs and kisses?

overdose on something?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 07:17 pm
Laughing
No drugs allowed at least not for humans.. but.. a solution I have had to use before..
Puppy tranqulizers. it doesnt sound like a necessity in you rcase, but do know that you can go to any vet, take your dog and tell them the situation and they can and will give you a mild tranq for the dog. They wont put them to sleep like those drugs do in humans, they just calm them down. ( but. that is just a suggestion)

What about making a room espically for just your dog? the one who wont eat when stressed? And just let him/her be there for the upcoming weekend? That way only sounds will be heard of new dogs and hopefully the stress of another dog in his territory wont cause loss of appetitie or other stressful things ? Yeah, it wont be too nice for you ro the dog to have them in a room pretty much solitary but if it helps....
And you can worry about socializing the new dog later. Right now ( well.. THEN ) there will be so much chaos going on that I doubt the cat will only want to investigate and slap just one dog.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 07:23 pm
that actually sounds like a plan. obviously my animals come first. i have to take the new dog to the vet anyways. i may ask if there's anything i can give my dog and cat. my vet will just suggest benadryl and she can only inject it herself (2 hrs away from where i now live), so i may have to do some work looking for a new vet here. we're only going to be here for a few months (sucks to have to find a vet when you're picky like myself ...and then move ....again).

thanks though. actually sounds good.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 10:06 pm
I can't believe when I wake up, it will be 4 or 5 days. I will continue to countdown alone cause at least I have shewolf. pfft.

Tomorrow, I'm going to Austin to shop. fun, fun.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 08:32 am
We are working out a plan so I can get her Thursday!!!! POSSIBLY 3 more days.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 06:08 pm
2 more days!! the pickup is becoming very complicated and costly, but she'll be worth it!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 06:26 pm
Have you talked to the vet about bringing a new puppy into a setting with this many other animals? I know mine wouldn't go for it til the puppy had completed all of its shots.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 07:08 pm
it only poses a hazard if one of the other dogs have something. they are all spoiled family pets that stay inside and/or pee in the backyard. all but sister-in-law's new puppy will be up to date on shots. she has already taken him in for his 2nd round, and mine will have her 3rd round completed. unless i take them walking, which i won't... they're all good. Smile we have a fenced large yard though her puppy will just be wee-wee pad trained. there's nothing else i could do differently even if it was just 2 new pups. Smile

i have talked to my vet, but she also knows me very well. Wink i wouldn't let anything happen to any dog, and i'm one of her customers that "calls for everything." the new dogs coming in come from top of the line folks who have healthy good dogs ...not rescues. i guess we're looking at it from another angle which would be that everyone who already has a dog and gets a new furbaby does the same thing. each animal staying here come from homes we know the entire history of too. Smile
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 10:40 am
1 MORE DAY!!!

let's all not jump up and down now. Wink Wink
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 11:05 am
Some good news.

email from sister-in-law and her new puppy and the dog I was worried about (herding dog/corgi mix) are best friends. she runs to the puppy whenever it cries and licks him.

the corgi mix (she's really not as dangerous as i make it sound. I just worry a LOT and care about my babies): Very Happy

there's a reason her name is Snuggles. Razz

http://img62.exs.cx/img62/4701/d5up.jpg
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:40 pm
the pics are a repost, but decided to post her first hour at the house here.

I JUST GOT HOME WITH MY NEW DOGGIE!!!

Her name is Yuki (You-Key)

LORDY LORDY LORDY!!!

Dog walked in. I saw her crouch... gRABBED her and ran to the
kitchen (made it). Ahh.. I got it, I THOUGHT.

toot. ............toot...........tooot.......... toot.

an entire trail from the dining tables to the laundry room.
8 MASSIVE submarines!!! OH MY!!! lol OH my.. lol
I was cleaning the first several up when toot toot toot to the laundry room.

OH MY GOSH. How does she do that?!

I knew she was a YUCK EEE (what my fiance calls her) from the start. lol

This will be a long night.

She is lovely though AND SO SO SO SO huge. MUCH LARGER than I thought.

She slept the entire way home (took 2 hrs cause we got lost in the dark).
VERY VERY VERY cute.
For 12 lbs...it is ALLLLLLL height.

She has LOVELY puppy breath. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
She licks and licks and licks.
Stopped at gas station and a car of kids RANNNNNNNNN out and bombarded her. Mom told them it was a stuffed toy and not to get out of the car. Then when she realized Yuki was real, she kept speaking Mexican which I assumed was all "I want one. I love her I love her" ...because she couldn't stop smiling and saying she's so lovely. She licked the kids until they had slobber everywhere.

Since she has been home.. her butt wags in the funniest manner. Goes 100 miles per minute. This breed has their tail docked, so when they're excited, it's their "body and butt" that shakes!!

Tonight will be long.

My small dog is a nervous wreck.
Even in a different room... she is climbing on my head (past hour). Ugh. this will take some time, but I'm sure she'll adjust.

What's funny is when I say "NO....."

...she looks up at me and starts talking back. LOL
She literally starts wagging her tail and starts talking (no noise comes out).

She also just saw her reflection and for the past 5 minutes, she's been licking it and "talking" to her reflection.

http://img141.exs.cx/img141/6099/1stnight9yy.jpg

http://img141.exs.cx/img141/7394/1stpic25co.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:50 pm
She looks like a sweet baby.

I remember when I brought the boy-dog home. I was up every 2 hours, every night, for a week, just in case.

I fell down on my way to work about 5 days in.

Someone stopped and picked me up. Asked if I was ok.

"New puppy."

"Ah. I understand."
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 08:58 pm
thanks for replying!!! i was hoping you weren't mad at me. i really really would never do anything to hurt my animals (or others) Smile

plus, no one else really replies to this thread. Wink

(cept for my austin friend) Razz
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:00 pm
Mad? Me? No.
Always worried about animals.
Not mad.

I remember the shock of the size of Miss Cleo's poop when she arrived on the scene. I was used to Bailey's mini-poop - that can disappear under a leaf if you're not paying attention. You can't lose Cleo's poop Shocked
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:07 pm
yes. I SWEAR I wasn't expecting these ...logs. she goes in a line (characteristic of the breed to attempt to walk and toot as they go..ughhh). My dog one bird size one ...not EIGHT large ones. That's it... no more food for her. Wink
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:10 pm
hehehehe

I shouldn't laugh, but it's funny!

Your poor mother.

I'm trying not to laugh.

But ... big puppy poops.

Oh my.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2005 09:11 pm