Countdown until I get my bundle of chaos!

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 11:22 am
shewolfnm, hehehehe ....I obviously got the okay. Looks like our family will be growing.

6 or 7 more days until i get to hold her!! That feels like an eternity from now. I'm going crazy! I even tried to find a flight for $200 to pick her up myself in Wisconsin from TX. However, they were all too expensive ($1,000 for last minute). I don't know yet if my breeder is driving down Friday or Sat. to graciously give her to me.

Here she is:

http://img47.exs.cx/img47/9131/mine28ym.jpg

still nameless!!! I was thinking of naming her Yuki (pronounced: "You-Key") which means "white snow" or "lucky" for a dog, and I felt it would be appropriate. It is Japanese. I have to ask Mr. Joahaeyo though. He will make the final decision.

anywho, if you didn't read on the other thread, I just bought a digital cam. so I could take pics while I complain about having no money. hehehe
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,243 • Replies: 39
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 11:55 am
:-) :-)

( doing the happy puppy dance )

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

( DOING THE HAPPY CHICKEN DANCE )

So now you have to take may pictures

( finishing with the silly kitty diddy dance)

Do you know of a website that offers free webhosting so you can post pics all day long???
Imageshack.com, all you have to do is upload pictures from your PC and then you can post it into forums freely.

So how big are they when they are babies? If i am picturing the right breed of dog, about the size of a fuzzy slipper right? HOW SWEEEET!!!!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 12:01 pm
hahaha, what interesting dance moves!!

I think you may be thinking of a different breed. hehehe

she is a big fluffy sheepdog. she will be between 60-80lbs. *gasp*
males can reach up to 100lbs sometimes.

I have my own webpage, so I will have a domain to post pics of her. Plus, with a new digital cam. ...ya'll can get a minute-by-minute play of me planning my wedding. oh joy for you guys. /sarcasm. hehe
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 12:08 pm
Hey, great news, Joah! I'm looking forward to pictures - even though it's a dog.... (can you guess I'm more of a cat person :-) ?)

I'm just a little confused - I though Yuki in Japanese means courage. That's what a Japanese lady told when reading my tattoo...

And yes - we want to see you planning your wedding!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 12:16 pm
I know it's a strange looking breed (large), but I like unique dogs that you don't see everyday. Plus, grooming is something I love. hehehe

Here is a poster I found of the breed to give anyone curious an idea of what breed it is:

http://a1259.g.akamai.net/f/1259/5586/1d/images.art.com/images/PRODUCTS/Regular/10116000/10116190.jpg

from http://art.com

http://www.akc.org/images/breeds/old_english_sheepdog/lg_artwork.jpg

and from http://akc.org

Hmmm, I've only heard it to mean "white snow" and "lucky" Question
I just did a google search, and it was what came up too. Sad
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 12:22 pm
I have always understod them to be and found them to be, the few I've had contact with, extremely good natured and gentle..is this true?
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 12:26 pm
I just found that courage is yuuki...

They are very cute dogs. Do you have to cut their hair or just brush them often?
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 12:27 pm
Here is what I know:

From AKC, they are considered to be the friendliest of the herding dogs WHEN it comes to level of getting along with small children, dogs, AND non-canines animals.

Described as very "clownish" and needing human attn. Despite what one would assume, they are inside dogs. ...unless of course you are using them to herd sheep (around tons of other animals). They do not like to be alone.

HOWEVER, if you get a dog from a bad breeder, there have been aggression problems reported. I see it all the time on the places I go to to talk about animals. This is why people shouldn't buy "certain breeds" from the pet store and people they have not researched (inquired a lot about). You are asking for LOTS of trouble when you don't know their background/line.

edit: I don't think you should buy ANY dog from the pet store (just to clarify), but my point was just that it would take a huge heart and a lot of patience and risk-taking for me to decide to "rescue" this breed. I highly recommend it for some, but it isn't for me because I have future kids and other small pets in the house to think about.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 12:28 pm
Brushing is stated to take 2 hrs a night!!!!!!

They're VERY HIGH MAINTENANCE DOGS.

I am not sure yet if she will have a puppycut or full coat (or at least partial full coat). I may get busy and this will mean she gets a puppy cut (cuter to me anyway). We'll see!!! Smile

Puppycuts obviously take A LOT less brushing/maintenance. Smile
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 12:44 pm
2 hours! Wow! Yeah, I guess I would consider a puppycut... ;-)
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 12:45 pm
Two hours...I would consider a poster of a sheep dog.....
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 12:59 pm
you wouldn't know how long champion SHOW dogs spend getting groomed then. hehe

but that's not me, so I don't have to worry about it. Smile
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 01:37 pm
I got another pic of my baby today!!! I AM THRILLED! She is lovely.

http://img41.exs.cx/img41/4079/mine49zl.jpg
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 02:20 pm
We had a sheepdog once. Alphie was his name. He was a handful as a puppy. they need a lot of discipline and exercise, not to mention brushing. He had the sweetest disposition, though. Great with kids.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 02:22 pm
look at your avatar Swimpy! how cute?!!!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 10:03 pm
That's my baby. He's 28 now, can you believe it?
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 04:25 pm
5 or 6 more days!!!!!

I brought over the new pic of my dog to my mom (who is Korean and knows VERY LITTLE about animals) and she said "you're getting a sheep?"

I said NO mom, it's not a sheep.

(she looks closer at the pic) "Are you sure?"

Arghh...

"It's a dog, mom!!!!"

She replies: "looks like you're bringing home a sheep to me..."
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 05:39 pm
MORE CHAOS BREWING!!! teehehehe

I have a dog
...and a cat

I told everyone the mother-in-law wants me to watch her dog while they're in Hawaii (Corgi mix - furry, furry, furry)

You know I'm getting a new furkid Fri or Sat.

Well........ my sister-in-laws 22lb Shih Tzu is being put down tomorrow.
They are going up to another state to pick up a new dog Tuesday. They need someone to watch their 8lb Shih-tzu for 5 days. So, that would be me. They all know I am animal crazy.

Talk about a crazy house.
Her Shih tzu toots on me whenever I try to pick her up. hahahahha She loves EVERYONE ...but me. I also try THE HARDEST to get to know her, play, and pay attn. to her.

My cat, btw, does not like dogs (like most cats, it takes her a few weeks to adjust), so she will be in for a treat! She's weird though and sometimes asking for it. She doesn't like when I bring in dogs from the street, but is ALWAYS up in their business or running up from behind, grabbing their back paw/leg, and RUNNING FOR IT. You'd think she was playing, but if I bring them close, she hits ME, and then jumps out of my arms. She's so sweet. (sarcasm) She's just so curious. I'll have to love on her a lot. Oh, did I mention she likes to steal dog bones so other dogs can't find them? It's not like she eats, plays, or enjoys them. She's pure evil I tell ya.

Busy Busy person in the coming week!

edit: I'm mistaken!!! Sister-in-law just wrote me back and she IS getting the new dog on Tuesday, but she needs me to watch BOTH HER new dog and her existing dog the 29th of this month.

This means ALL dogs will be present.

2 shih-tzus
1 corgi mix
my new dog
my 2 existing animals

Wowza. 5 animals in my house. I will definitely take pics of this.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 06:47 pm
you will have a farm houseof your own this weekend. Actually, it sounds like a blast!!
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 06:54 pm
did you catch that i can't count? there will be 6 animals in my house.

won't be until the 29th.

i get mil's dog the 26th for 2 wks.
i get sil's dogS the 29th for 5 days
my dog joins in around the 21st

2 are not potty trained
1 kills cats
1 attacks dogs (my cat)
2 are scaredy-cats in general and will run from the other ones.

i feel a lot of advil coming my way.
0 Replies