What are your three favorite A2K forums?

sublime1

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 07:46 pm
First stop is the General, then I see if I can be of service in Home Improvement, then its Music, Books, Food, and Games. I just recently started doing the "your posts" thing and realized why a lot of responses were "bookmark". I go where ever I see something interesting.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 09:01 pm
George wrote:
I love your sig, djjd62!

thanks, it just seemed so right
0 Replies

shin

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 12:56 am
1. the Unanswered (where i never answered anything)
2. General (of course!!) and
3. Asia
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 10:41 pm
I'm relatively new here, so I don't really have any favorite forums yet, although I enjoy the General section. What I do know already is where I will stay away from. It's not so much certain forums, but specific threads.

As Eva states, I also come here for entertainment, not for debate. After all, it's my leisure time where I like to relax. I have an intense dislike of debating and confrontation. I prefer to stay away from people who make inflammatory remarks and are combative.

Here is an example of a post of what I'm talking about. It was taken from the Medical & Health forum - topic: "Do you agree with public smoking bans?"

"Smoking should be allowed everywhere. Period. These overzealous non-smokers are just whiney little crybabies who are finally happy because they get to piss all over the people who are actually out there enjoying their lives."

I wouldn't even think of posting within a thread where some have opinions like this. There would be no point. Each side firmly entrenched in their viewpoints, and trying to score "debating points".

No thanks. Not for me. I also stay away from threads where crude language is being used and the subject matter is exceptionally trivial and silly. I'm up for a good laugh, but prefer if things are kept clean.

There are some here that have a real way with words and I read every post that I notice with their name on it. One who comes to mind carries a big stick (maybe schtick?)! :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 10:15 am
Hyperbole is used on the forum on occasion, and may have played a role in that post.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 07:06 pm
In my opinion, it's just bad behaviour. It certainly doesn't encourage new members to post in threads of that nature. Sad
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 07:12 pm
I'm with ya on that, Reyn.
0 Replies

duce

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 10:32 am
The Home Improvement People seem to be some of the nicest people on the site.

Relationships info gets the same bunch most of the time.

Religion If you are up for a fight or want to test your compassion level.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 10:42 am
duce wrote:
Religion If you are up for a fight or want to test your compassion level.

...or your blood pressure...
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 06:15 am
Easy....

1) Philosophy & Debate
2) Spirituality & Religion
3) Relationships.
0 Replies

hotsauce

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 04:57 pm
general

general

general

I'm new and haven't had a chance to experience much yet.
0 Replies

Banned Wagon

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 03:56 pm
My three favorites, in that order are:
General
Waggery
Humor

So far.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/26/2024 at 07:45:58