What are your three favorite A2K forums?

Noddy24

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 05:14 pm
Thanks to the popularity of A2K, the New Questions button is becoming more and more temperamental.

Fortunately, the forum by forum question lists are working just fine. Today I started with Relationships and then Parenting and then hopped around in the Reference area.

What are your favorite forums on A2K?

Are there any forums you've never visited? If so, why not?

The topic has to be very enticing to get me into the hurly-burly of Politics and I don't understand enough about computers to follow the Technology forums. Are there any forums you avoid?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,101 • Replies: 71
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 05:28 pm
I like Politics - cos I learn so much. Mainly American, of course - though Msolga has managed to keep an Oz Politics thread going over in Australia - and we have some non-Oz visitors there - which is fabulous.

I also love dear old General!

I like Science and Health, too.

I tend to avoid Relationships like the plague - though I venture there a bit from time to time.

I ventured into Art the other day - it was STUNNING!!!!!

North America I also stumbled into the other day - very interesting....thinking.....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 05:36 pm
General is definitely my favorite! It's the first place I head when I log on.

I also like Travel & Culture and Human Interest Stories. And Humor, of course. And Waggery.

Oops, that's five.

I seem to get sucked into Relationships regularly, although I wouldn't necessarily list it as a fave. I avoid Politics and Spirituality unless I'm feeling especially combative, which doesn't happen often.

I come here for entertainment, not for debate.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 05:43 pm
I don't look at "Forums". I check the "Your Posts" to catch up on past conversations and time permitting I click "At a Glance." and look for interesting threads to read. Occasionally I'll do an ego search to see what Ratzenhofer been saying about me and where.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 05:52 pm
I'm pretty much like OccomB. Never think of the site in terms of forums. First I go to "Your Posts" to catch up on threads I'm watching. Then I check "New Posts" and then, if time permits, I'll take a look at "Unanswered Posts." I seem to wind up in English and/or General most of the time. Hate Politics but seem to find myself posting on political threads nevertheless. Have never, ever looked at Marriage and Relationships, or Pets and Garden, or Food and Wine or any of that ilk. I frequently click on a response, not because of the topic, but because of who posted the reply. Yes, Gus Ratzo is one of those whose posts I check out regularly.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 05:53 pm
I don't have any particular favorites. I generally just log on and check out the "new posts". Then, it doesn't matter if it's science, arts, general, politics, etc. The only thing that matters is that I can use a particular thread to say something derogatory about Occom Bill.

That is the essence of my being.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 06:09 pm
I thought fava beans and a nice chianti were the essence of your being.

Hmm, when playing, Legal, General and Trivia, sometimes with a dash of North America, Music, Film or TV. When serious and doing A2K work, I spend time doing Forum Help or working on the Help Desk (which isn't a forum, anyway), and generally just looking around.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 06:11 pm
Sometimes I like to venture over to those gaming threads and hassle Mac11 and fealola.

I consider them friends.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 06:40 pm
I hit new posts - go to the end of the line and work forward.

Favourites? trivia word games, pets and stuff, environment (though it's in the weirdest forum, so I misplace it occasionally and have to use Your Posts to find it). I'm not a fan of just using forums or your posts - I'd miss so much fascinating reading (like one particular poster's bi-weekly romance turmoil).
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 11:05 pm
I also use Your Posts mostly.

But when I'm caught up on those, I seem to mostly be in Trivia, Film, and Performing Arts. (Well somebody has to pay attention to that poor forum!)

I like to read everywhere, I just don't post much in the argumentative threads.

Hey gus, where's our friend Fealola? Haven't seen her in months. Raggedyaggie, bree, and I are always happy to have you show up though...
0 Replies

Don77

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 11:12 pm
Lets see I like General, Computers and ummmmm did I say General?You guys and gals just let your hair down in this one

Oh yeah I like harassing the nice people at the Help Desk Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 11:16 pm
Don - you've got to come out more and mix it up in General - that's where the, er, action is.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 11:18 pm
Action? There's action?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 11:19 pm
Put on your shimmy shimmy and shake yer groove thang, mac!
0 Replies

Don77

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 11:22 pm
Sure seems to be ehBeth
Came venturing over and saw a post "want to shave my" and said to myself. self this is the palce for me.
Not to menton the "poking holes in my lace bra with my dancers" and the ever eye catching " belly button" post

I always make my way over here at least for a bit now!!! Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 11:26 pm
We are able to know many interesting things in general. Sometimes they are things that we should not be able to know Shocked
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 11:30 pm
I think I saw Fealola post once, maybe a month ago, a will o'the wisp. Then again, it might have been an old thread..

Me, I read New Posts, usually.

I like too much to pick just three forums. I actually like politics a lot, just don't post there much. Like world news type topics, whatever forum they happen to be in. Like art, food and wine, pets. I sort of avoid garden, I think about that enough at work. Do look at relationships/marriage, try to keep my mouth shut. Like travel. Like general. Like english, when grammar topics come up in it.

Read computer forum topics sometimes... let's say I am fractionally less ludditian now than before.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 11:33 pm
Politics, Trivia & Word Games, Music & Lyrics, and Legal.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 11:39 pm
I think I'm getting tired. I read Tico's choices as this, that, tother and lethal.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 11:42 pm
Lethal? Politics?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What are your three favorite A2K forums?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 09:08:56