Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2017 03:51 pm
Hi everyone,

I am a Dutch student and I am researching American history with a focus on racial relations. I would kindly like to ask you to answer a couple of questions in the form of a multiple choice and also a couple of questions asking for your opinion. If you don't want to post your opinion on the forum, you can also send me a private message with your answers.
Thank you in advance! kind regards Sebastiaan

1Have you heard of the KKK?
-I've heard of it, but don't know what it is.
-I've never heard of it.
-I've heard of it and do know what it is.

2Did you know that the KKK had 6 million members in the past?
-yes
-no

3Which of the following statements is not a requirement for joining the KKK? choose one.
-You have to be a Christian.
-You need to be an American citizen.
-you must be faithful to the constitution of america.
-You've got to have your own gown(the KKK costume).

4The KKK organisation is often branded as being racist by people or media sources. Do you share this opinion? Give a explanation.
-Yes, because.....
-No, because.....

5Do you support the Republicans or the Democrats? If you are not from America you can skip this qeustion.
-Pro Republican
-Pro Democratic

6In 1865 the American civil war ended and people from the North could move to the South again. Several people from the North decided to do that, mainly because they wanted the people from the South to respect the constitution. A large part of the population of the south didn't like this situation. They rerferred to these people who moved from the North to the South as..?
-Backstabbers
-Carpetbaggers
-Slaves of modern day

7In 1966 the black panther party was founded. This party also used a lot of violence to achieve its goal. Do you think that you can compare it to the KKK?
-Yes
-No
-Maybe

8The Black Panthers and the KKK did not often confront eachother. What was the main reason for this?
-The government prevented this.
-They both thought they had fewer members.
-The members of the black panthers settled mainly in the big cities and the kkk on the countryside.

9The Black Panther Party officialy no longer has any members whereas the KKK still does have members. How many members does the KKK have nowadays?
-5000-8000
-8000-12000
-12000-15000
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,039 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Bill Pfohl

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2020 07:18 pm
There is a Guardian Angel for everyone you Know!!!!
KKK Has Guardian Angels like everyone?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2020 09:25 pm
@beterbas,
This post seems like a setup. I suspect you aren't really a Dutch student. But I will play along anyway.

1. Of course I have heard of the KKK and know that it had millions of members.

3. I am pretty sure owning your own gown wasn't a requirement. The rest seem coorect.

4. The KKK was anti-black, anti-Jewish and anti-immigrant and anti-Catholic. Yes, I think that it is clearly a racist organization.

5. I am a registered Democrat.

6. The answer you are looking for is "carpetbagger". The description is simplistic and probably historically inaccurate.

7. It is ridiculous to compare the Black Panther party with the KKK. The rest of the questions are silly. If you want to know about the Black Panther party you should read "Sieze the Time" by Bobby Seale.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2020 09:27 pm
If you really are Dutch.... I have a question for you.

What the **** is up with Zwarte Piet? I don't understand how this is still OK in a sane 21st century democracy.

https://www.aljazeera.com/mritems/imagecache/mbdxxlarge/mritems/Images/2018/11/27/1b6c60dc8c13474eb7011f4619d10b04_18.jpg
0 Replies