3-9-2005--lest coming suddenly

boomerang

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 04:26 pm
I find things such as this post very distrubing.

A dear family friend sought solice in a religion that predicted the end of the world on a certain date. When he woke up in his bed that morning and found that the world had not ended he put a shotgun in his mouth and made sure that his world ended.

And seriously disrupted the world of many people who loved him and miss him to this very day.

Belief can feed the soul but it can also poison the mind.
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 05:46 pm
I'm curious as to how we know which calendar to use, as our current Gregorian calendar was not adopted until the 1500s, some years after the gospels were written; the Julian calendar is about 10 days off.

There is also the matter of notation; 3-9-2005 is March 9 in America, but it would be September 3 in Europe.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 05:55 pm
Rest easy everyone. The world won't end today... In Australia it's already tomorrow.
0 Replies

Sign Related 2

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 06:49 pm
If who the 3rd decieving man is reaches the date March 9th 2005, at midnight eastern time, then who he is will have not experienced being killed or murdered as a human being. But the devil in general will expience being killed as a part of the torments.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 07:34 pm
works fer me. I love it when somebody can write 3 lines and not communicatee a blessed thing. this person should be writing the small print in contracts.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 08:39 pm
Quote:
A Reading from the Book of Armaments, Chapter 4, Verses 16 to 20:

Then did he raise on high the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the people did rejoice and did feast upon the lambs and toads and tree-sloths and fruit-bats and orangutans and breakfast cereals ... Now did the Lord say, "First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 08:42 pm
smiling..
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 08:44 pm
If you will bring me a shrubbery, I'll forget you mentioned that, farmerman.
0 Replies

needanswers

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 01:55 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Laughing

so how many times have people predicted the world was going to end in OUR lifetime?

and.. uh.. how many were right? ha!

I have seen numerous end-of-the-world predictions, and NONE of them have happened...just the like the ones that were in regards to the year 2000...

http://www.religioustolerance.org/end_wrl1.htm
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 01:57 pm
Of course none of them happened.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 01:57 pm
boomerang wrote:
I find things such as this post very distrubing.

A dear family friend sought solice in a religion that predicted the end of the world on a certain date. When he woke up in his bed that morning and found that the world had not ended he put a shotgun in his mouth and made sure that his world ended.

And seriously disrupted the world of many people who loved him and miss him to this very day.

Belief can feed the soul but it can also poison the mind.

I'm sorry....

I hate it when things like that happen. I can't imagine the despair. Sad
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 03:28 pm
There's a classic cartoon premise, still even occasionally in the New Yorker, of a bearded man holding a sign warning everyone to repent, the world is ending, etc., etc.

Now, through the miracle of chat groups, this kind of info can be disseminated electronically. Amazing. How far we've come...
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 03:44 pm
Re: 3-9-2005--lest coming suddenly
Sign Related 2 wrote:
The fulfillment coming:

Matthew 24

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Luke 17

34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

I don't think he's predicting the end of the world. This is simply the return of Christ and the Rapture taking place. Two will be there and one will be taken up, the other left behind.

So, here's my point... Luke 17:34 according to the poster indicates 2 men will be in bed together and one will be called up and the other left behind. With me so far?

So the Bible DOES address homosexuality AND even indicates that homosexuality isn't a sin since one will be taken!

Your Honor, I rest my case! Very Happy
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 03:47 pm
That is curious, indeed, squinney. Could it possibly be that the Bible is inconsistent? Perish the thought...

Of course the True Believers must have a way to explain a passage like that.
0 Replies

Iamdeb

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 02:20 am
My question is who is this Master of the House, who Sign says is not a god, but will die. You have me thoroughly confused. Could you please speak in lay terms so that the rest of us can understand what you are prophesying?
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 03:41 am
D'artagnan wrote:
.. must have a way to explain a passage like that.

I am not a Greek scholar, but one can translate the Greek passage as follows, for example:

34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men at the time of bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 08:49 am
The world ended at midnight 12/31/1999. However, due to the Y2K bug nobody got notified.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 08:57 am
DrewDad wrote:
The world ended at midnight 12/31/1999. However, due to the Y2K bug nobody got notified.

Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 09:41 am
HA!
I knew there was a good reason not to update my computer for Y2K.......
0 Replies