Does anyone here who voted for Trump now regret it?

glitterbag

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2017 05:13 pm
To answer Bear's question, I doubt that Trump voters regret their decision. The ones I know seem to believe Trump is necessary for the next Supreme Court Selection. It's very disheartening to realize our way of life will be determined by only those who want to punish gay people and prevent legal safe abortion and contraception. Currently there are no laws forcing anyone to be gay, transgendered or bi, and no one is forcing pregnant girls or women to have an abortion. But for the faux cristian factions that's not good enough.....they want govt in our bedrooms and compulsory worship of corporate profiteering. That's what they think Jesus wanted.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2017 05:14 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

You're basing your opinions on the ravings of a handful of miscreants?

1, it's more than a handful. My family members alone are more than a handful, let alone the thousands and thousands of unique posters I've read submissions by, not to mention the hundreds of articles I've read by pro-Trump journalists and bloggers.

2, I have no reason to believe that any of these people are lying or are in fact miscreants. They certainly don't seem to be lying, and one wonders why they would go to the effort of doing so simply to make themselves seem as horrible as they do.

Quote:
You do realize, don't you, that the same bunch of morons are posting from the Left?

Oh, there are plenty of morons on the left, for sure. But the level of pure vitriol and hate on display? The bigotry, xenophobia, and avarice? There is literally no comparison whatsoever.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2017 07:25 pm
My immediate family (kids& I) thinks Trump is preposterous, but both kids report BIG stock dividends recently, which enhance Christmas plans.

Nobody voted for him on my side of the family. We had two Steins and a Libertarian abstainer.

One child won’t allow Trump on the teev.

I don’t talk politics with the extended family, a few of which I’m pretty sure voted for Trump. My FB page reveals hearty support of The Bern, but they don’t ask; I don’t tell.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2017 02:11 am
Despicable May regrets offering fart a state visit so early on. They're still keeping the actual dates secret because the protests will be spectacular. This might be the only state visit held behind closed doors and not reported on until after the event.
Blickers

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2017 02:42 pm
@izzythepush,
Remember the cheering crowds in London when Clinton and Obama visited over there? Seems like a whole world ago now.
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01903/crowds-buckingham-_1903628c.jpg

http://www.reobama.com/UK_CrowdsOusideHousesParliament_July_08.jpg

http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/obamaeurope_052711/bp5.jpg
izzythepush

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2017 07:05 pm
@Blickers,
The language used by May to publicly criticise Trump's Nazi tweets is unprecedented in post war relations.

And what May is saying is pretty mild compared to the other parties.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2017 10:55 pm
I guess Trump's philosophy is to keep pushing on the tweets until what would be considered outrageous a year ago becomes "the new normal" today and continuing the process so that what would be considered outrageous now will be established as "the new normal" a year from now.

Just as historians regard Hitler's edge was that he discovered the new medium of radio and used it as nobody had before, Trump thinks he can Twitter the opposition into submission. So far it's worked. But events in the Mueller investigation are getting away from Trump now.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2017 05:18 am
@Blickers,
People across the political divide are seriously considering whether America can still be considered an ally. The optimists say that UK/US relations are bigger than Trump, but we have a president who retweets a Nazi group whose supporters have murdered our MPs.

Imagine the fuss if we'd given Lee Harvey Oswald a knighthood.
najmelliw

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2017 06:36 am
@izzythepush,
I love how you put retweeting a post by a president on the same level as giving a knighthood by the queen. That's sort of way, way off and at the same time disturbingly appropriate... Drunk
izzythepush

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2017 08:40 am
@najmelliw,
He retweeted a post by an organisation whose supporters murdered Jo Cox. He supports terrorists.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2017 10:08 am
@izzythepush,
I can fully understand the doubts.

He is more than just a numbskull.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2017 08:29 pm
You folks just don't get it.

They are all (Democrats and Republicans) the American aristocracy who care far more for their power and status than for the plight of those they supposedly represent.

You still insist on a childishly tribal Manichean either or: Good (My tribe) vs Bad (The other tribe)

There is Good and Evil in the world but both are invested in individuals, not groups.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2017 08:36 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
He is more than just a numbskull.

Just what is he, other than someone who leads the tribe you oppose?

Just what has he done since he was sworn in that is so heinous?

Surely you can outline his transgressions that are not political in nature.

His favoring a given tax bill is not sin against humanity.

His banning travel from 7 Muslim nations is not a sin against humanity.

Just what is the nature of his evil? He wasn't tough enough on neo-nazis for you?

The clowns who went over the top accusing Obama of surrendering the US to Muslims and Commies are not really that much different than most of you Trump Haters.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 2 Dec, 2017 09:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Go to the head of the class.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2017 12:54 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Imagine the fuss if we'd given Lee Harvey Oswald a knighthood.

Your analogy is structurally sound but somewhat exaggerated.

As has been said, a retweet is not on par with a knighthood. Also the murder of the MP was not as big a deal to people as the JFK shooting. Ultimately, of course, a life is a life, but the level of devastation in the US was greater.
Kolyo

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2017 12:59 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

People across the political divide are seriously considering whether America can still be considered an ally. The optimists say that UK/US relations are bigger than Trump, but we have a president who retweets a Nazi group whose supporters have murdered our MPs.

Pragmatists say: what other options have the Brits got right now? except to hope Trump offers a favorable trade deal and yet stays out of your domestic business?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2017 07:21 am
@Kolyo,
It's only exaggerated if you fail to contrast the dignified stateswomanlike monarchy of Liz with the extremely racist, corrupt and incompetent presidency of fart.

In those circumstances she would need to do something pretty extreme to have the same effect.

Btw, the one question about the Kennedy assassination that really stands out over here is, what the **** is a book depository?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2017 07:23 am
@Kolyo,
We can have a referendum post Brexit, rejoin the EU and get the foreign, occupying troops out of our country.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2017 01:56 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

You folks just don't get it.

They are all (Democrats and Republicans) the American aristocracy who care far more for their power and status than for the plight of those they supposedly represent.

You still insist on a childishly tribal Manichean either or: Good (My tribe) vs Bad (The other tribe)

There is Good and Evil in the world but both are invested in individuals, not groups.

Says the guy who's voted for Republicans exclusively for how many presidential elections now?
0 Replies

Mark Steven

Reply Mon 4 Dec, 2017 04:51 pm
@engineer,
Agreed. And he's just getting started. Love it.

IMHO: People who think otherwise are brainwashed by the MSM.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:05:18