Does anyone here who voted for Trump now regret it?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2017 04:15 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
What a classically liberal nuanced view of the world! Very Happy
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2017 04:16 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Thanks, I thought so as well.

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2017 04:16 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
All three of them? Very Happy
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2017 04:36 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
The depth and breadth of your liberal heart are just amazing.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2017 04:38 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Thanks! I really appreciate that, coming from you.

Cheers
Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2017 04:39 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

but are very full of yourself

Cycloptichorn

Oh, Pot! The kettle is calling.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2017 04:39 pm
As Franklin D. Roosevelt said, I welcome their opinion. I would be concerned if those people felt GOOD about me.

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2017 04:40 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
You're very welcome
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2017 04:41 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Says a lot! Wink
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2017 04:43 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
At least you're not a tiny bit shy about your ultra-arrogance
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2017 04:44 pm
This is great fun!

Thanks Cyclo
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2017 04:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I mean, it wouldn't exactly be fitting for me to be shy about it.

I made the mistake for many years of my life of believing that all people were inherently good, and even those I disagreed with had pure intentions. That was foolish and I no longer believe that, even a little. Our country is jam-packed with people whose prime motivator is greed and animus towards their fellow man; they are fed a steady diet of hate by politicians and grifters who are happy to enrich themselves in the process of whipping up resentment and bigotry. They are largely uneducated and proud of that fact. They reject the things that make America great and pine for a historical time in which their abuses of others were allowed if not cheered. There's absolutely nothing to be gained in my pretending there is an equivalence between us and I'm pretty much done with doing so, whether it hurts people's fee-fees or not.

You are of course free to feel however you like about it, I wouldn't dream of taking that right away from you or anyone.

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2017 04:50 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
You are essentially correct, except the major flaw in your arrogance is that you assume anyone who comes close to agreeing with you is one of the Good Guys.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2017 04:52 pm
@Cycloptichorn,

Quote:
I know that there are people who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2017 04:58 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

You are essentially correct, except the major flaw in your arrogance is that you assume anyone who comes close to agreeing with you is one of the Good Guys.

On the contrary, it is not one's opinions that determine whether they are one of the Good Guys, but their actions.

My great uncle, now passed, was as bigoted as the day was long. Had a genuine dislike for anyone not of the white persuasion. But you'd never know it based on his interactions with people of other races, he was always kind and respectful and really never acted any differently around anyone of any color. I asked him about this once after hearing him go on a rather racist rant, and he told me this: that his personal opinions and beliefs shouldn't impact someone else's ability to live out their life, what are they supposed to do, just vanish? Just cease to exist, based on his dislike? He used a lot more, shall we say, colorful language than that, but the point was clear.

It's odd to say that he was very racist and also a very good person and good Christian, but he was. I can't say the same for the hardcore Trump supporters. They are happy to 'vanish' people. They openly advocate for deporting millions of people. They pine for a time when people like them were allowed to discriminate openly. They don't just have horrible opinions, they use those to try and control and harm others' ability to live their lives in a free manner. Trump ran on exactly this - and they loved him for it. My opprobrium for his claques isn't based on their opinions, but their actions.

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2017 05:01 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
How many hardcore Trump supporters do you know?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2017 05:04 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I have several family members who would be proud to be described that way. I interact with a lot more online pretty much daily. I've told you before that I read practically no left-leaning sources and spend the vast majority of my time on the right-wing side of the net. You really see a lot of **** once you start diving into discussions between Trump supporters, you should check it out sometime if you've got a free afternoon and don't mind feeling mildly nauseated.

Cycloptichorn
glitterbag

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2017 05:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Too many.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2017 05:09 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
You're basing your opinions on the ravings of a handful of miscreants?

You do realize, don't you, that the same bunch of morons are posting from the Left?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 30 Nov, 2017 05:10 pm
@glitterbag,
Who asked you?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 03:51:24