same here... i was sweatin bullets...
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 12:31 pm
though my lawyer did tell me to try and refrain from tackling people
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 12:38 pm
Seed, you are my hero! Just read the whole thing and am mightily pleased that I didn't have to wonder & worry long re. the lawsuit.

Can you sue the buggers off of him? You are injured... on crutches?

Ridiculous that even the whiff of a lawsuit might have come your way. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 12:40 pm
Heh heh....back when I was working in the restaurant trade, I was leaving late, and saw this huge man choking his wife in their car. I had no moves or skills, but I ran to a payphone and called 911, and waited for the cops, who dragged the a-hole away in cuffs. No fancy tackling, but I did feel good for not ignoring the situation.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 12:41 pm
Seed! You are amazing!!!!

I know someone said something earlier about people too often just stand by and watch stuff happen.....Made me think of something I learned in college....It's called diffusion of responsibility, where as the group gets larger, the changes of someone actually helping decrease because everyone believes that someone else will help.

It's really interesting and this is a social psychology definition:

Diffusion of responsibility is the idea that people are less likely to intervene to help someone who seems to need it if there are others present, because they perceive responsibility as being shared between all present, and therefore see themselves as being less responsible personally.

I would assume that Seed you are exempt from this phenomonon because you were trained to react but us normal people do weird things....

There was this famous case back in 1964 about a woman who had 38 witnesses (either visually or audibly) to her murder and no one, not one person called the cops. Cuz everyone thought someone else would.

People are bizarre.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 12:42 pm
well i have crutches but i usually just hobble around...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 01:18 pm
Kristie wrote:

There was this famous case back in 1964 about a woman who had 38 witnesses (either visually or audibly) to her murder and no one, not one person called the cops. Cuz everyone thought someone else would.

People are bizarre.

That was the Kitty Genovese case
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 01:23 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Kristie wrote:

People are bizarre.

That was the Kitty Genovese case

yup. pretty scary.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 11:55 pm
Whew! I'm SO glad it all worked out for you, Seed! You're a good guy.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 12:11 am
Wow, Seed!!!!!! You're amazing!!!!!

You have always been my hero, but now you're my super hero :-D

Great job. I'm proud of you ;-)
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 01:56 am
Seed you are my hero !!

Now you've got to choose between MOntana and me - don't think you are man enuff for both of us Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 02:26:56