Lenny Conundrum (again)

Caesar

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 07:53 pm
There was a steel beam 50 feet long. The entire Skeith construction crew (total weight: 6000 pounds) was standing at the center of the beam. Assume the modulus of elasticity is 29,000,000 pounds per square inch, the moment of inertia is 850 inches^4, the beam has simple pin connections at either end, and all loads other than the weight of the crew are disregarded.

How much will the beam deflect? Please round to the nearest tenth of an inch.

there it is for all you ppl smarter than me lol can you help???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,831 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Idaho

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 08:10 pm
1.1 inches

This really doesn't belong in the "riddles" section. This is a simple calculation - just plug the numbers into the correct formula which you can find by doing an internet search. Link
0 Replies

Anonymous7

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 03:05 am
Hey! Wouldn't this be called "cheating"? :wink: I believe the conondrums are to be guessed by Neopians theirselves. That's why you get a prize and trophy and whatever else. Well, as long as your conscience is clear!

~ Fellow Neopian
0 Replies

nait

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 07:41 pm
College physics gets another point
Yes i know the answer.. my neopets acc is .. nevermind.. i wont tell you..... i will get it right and then you will gaw at my trophy.. if you find me.. ill give you a hint though the answer is a number 1-10... not much for a riddle huh... anyways it wasnt so hard.. you just havent been through advanced physics in teh college Rolling Eyes ... AND STUFF
0 Replies

Caesar

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 11:26 pm
being 14 you would be correct in saying that i havent been through any college level math...i dont really care if it is "cheating" because A-im not the only one doing it B-you honestly think all the Uber rich people made their nps honestly by playing games? (I DONT THINK SO) C-I...really...dont...care...lol
0 Replies

Idaho

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 03:07 pm
Congrats, Caesar - you've just earned yourself the right to no further help by being belligerent and lazy. I think you'll find that, in general, the successful people are the ones who are willing to work their butts off.
0 Replies