Evangelizer of Mormons loses court case against mormons.

Badboy

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:40 am
An evangelizer who tried to convert Mormon missionaries has had a court order forbiddening him from harassing Mormon missionaries.

Andrew Price could be made bankrupt by the 3100,000 cost of the court case.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 661 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Bibliophile the BibleGuru

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 09:15 am
Do you have a URL link that we can read? Thanks.
0 Replies

mrcolj

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 10:09 am
I don't remember the whole case, but if I recall correctly 1) it wasn't in the US, 2) the evangelizer was actually harassing Mormons (as we are sadly pretty used to), calling then hundreds of times a day for months on end.

I was a missionary 10 years ago, and there were definitely times we blocked certain incoming numbers (no caller ID yet) or times where we locked our doors extra tight. No, Badboy, this isn't an example of irony. People who say they're harassed by Mormons aren't actually legally being harassed, they're just sick of being asked religious questions twice a year when people knock on their doors. But these missionaries were actually, legally being stalked by this "evangelist."

I live in Utah, and we see a lot of it here--evangelists thinking they're being sent in Ninevah by driving a bus full of kids to Utah to cause a scene at some mall somewhere. I worked in the wedding industry when the ACLU was suing to legalize supposed Christians coming into Mormon weddings, with megaphones, yelling insults. Yes, it happened, and still does.

But yes, it's an interesting article, and I'll try to find it. It's too old to be on google news...
0 Replies