Difference between acoustic and classical guitars

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 09:23 am
I hate B7, Joe, as well as F. In the end, I gave up trying to play B7 properly and just use a barre A7 shape from the 2nd fret. Weak, but true.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 09:29 am
Meh, I hate barre chords. B7 can be done as a partial bar, as can F.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 09:29 am
Agita Joe...B7 gives me ....agita.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 09:34 am
Most of what my band writes is more suited to barre chords - sliding up and down. I know it's poor musicianship and lazy but once the pedals have done their bit then it sounds okay, to my ears at least. I do use the partial barre for F - playing the 4 D to high E strings. What does a partial barre B7 look like?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 09:47 am
Hmm....let me try to explain, it's been a while. Let's start on the first few frets. Index finger on the second fret of the A string, F-you finger on the first fret of the D string, ring finger on the second fret of the G string, pinky on the the second fret of the high E string. It's mobile too. You can move it up the frets.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 09:55 am
Joe Nation wrote:
What does anyone think about the idea that daddy should learn to play at the same time as the kid? So maybe he could help dad learn to change from B7 to A without buzzing the strings.

Joe

Yeah, this was in my earlier question. Daddy probably won't have time to take lessons with him. I'm thinking I might do it, though. I've always wanted to learn to play a musical instrument. Guitars appear to be pretty cheap now -- at least the ones for beginners. I could rent one for me until I learned to play. I don't see how I could help him learn if I know nothing about it, which is the boat I'm in right now.

Now, what instrument for the girl.... I'm thinking drums. She's got a lot of energy.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 09:58 am
bass bass players are rare as hens teeth...
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 10:05 am
cavfancier wrote:
Hmm....let me try to explain, it's been a while. Let's start on the first few frets. Index finger on the second fret of the A string, F-you finger on the first fret of the D string, ring finger on the second fret of the G string, pinky on the the second fret of the high E string. It's mobile too. You can move it up the frets.

Thanks v much, cav. I'll stop derailling the thread now. Sorry, FreeDuck.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 10:06 am
She might as well get lesson #1 Duke...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 10:08 am
Ahhh....the bass. A bridge between melody and rhythm. Bass players are often the arrangers and leaders....and they get the finest chicks.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 10:10 am
panzade wrote:
Ahhh....the bass. A bridge between melody and rhythm. Bass players are often the arrangers and leaders....and they get the finest chicks.

lead singers get the finest chicks pan...and the most...followed by lead guitarists...sorry dude....that's why bass players are so hard to find....not a glamour position....bass players get the clap less often....that's a positive.. :wink:
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 10:12 am
Accentuate the positive I say...I play em all so I don't give a clap...
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 10:12 am
Do drummers come above or below bassists in the chick-charts? And what about keyboards?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 10:15 am
above as a general rule...bassists, in my experience are at the bottom of the pussy ladder....there are of course exceptions to every rule...Kip Winger, Panzade come to mind...I had a keyboard player who was not much to look at but his WELL earned nickname was saucerhead....he did real well once the word got out....
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 10:23 am
Truth be told I was never the cockswain in our ship of fools...although there was that time in Valdosta when my admirer insisted on bringing her daughter to our assignation...Bear will affirm The Holy Grail aspects....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 10:25 am
ah yes the mother daughter team...I had a mother TWO daughter thing once.....sometimes the memory of it is the only thing that prevents me from taking my own life....
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 10:30 am
We find the will to persevere Bear... If only in our memories...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 10:31 am
free duck are you SURE you want your child to become a musician?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 10:39 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
bass bass players are rare as hens teeth...

Great idea! Off to see if they make bass guitars the size of a violin. (She just turned three)
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 10:40 am
Gawd , I wish I had a mom like the duck....
0 Replies