Ashlee Simpson at the Orange Bowl

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Wed 12 Jan, 2005 07:31 pm
Ohh thanks, I thought i seen one when i first read this forum, but i just quickly looked back to see again. I shoulda looked harder.

Wow, that was horrible...very very horrible......I would have liked to see if from the beginging...lol

Thanks!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 02:26 pm
cjhsa wrote:
What I don't understand, is if the Orange Bowl really wanted a psedo-punk act for halftime, why not find someone who can at least kick it a bit, like Good Charlotte.

If Ashlee had stopped singing and done a La La Striptease, she might have avoided the boos.

It's funny how "cool" the punk image is in pop music today. And it's not just "the-exact-opposite-of-punk" performers like Ashlee, it's weak indy-pop bands too, like the Killers. There are far worse screamo bands, but that's just an example.

It's cute on Ashlee and all, and it's cute how horribly crappy she is, but seriously, yer not a bad ass, you're just playing off your sister's image. She wants to be "different" from Jessica under the pretense of "making it on her own," but that's a joke. It just shows her dependency on her sister's fame even more.

I wanna see her shave her head, and start beating people's asses, and getting in bad relationships. And drinking and listening to the Stooges.

She has a terrible voice, she can't sing in tune, so she really is a perfect candidate for a punk-rocker, if only she would embrace it sincerely.

That is all. I can go to sleep now.
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 07:39 pm
As a teenager, I don't really find her music enjoyable. Just something pretty to look at . The whole punk thing is repulsive, i mean i don't have anything against them. I listen to The Clash, Ramones too. But they wear the all black with the black lipstick and eyeshadow with a Linkin Park T-Shirt or a Good Charolette T-Shirt and think their punk.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 10:54 am
Tyrius,

If you're listening to the Clash and the Ramones, then you are listening to the REAL deal, and not a phony copy.

Those guys invented punk. Nobody rocks like them. Good stuff!
0 Replies