Ashlee Simpson at the Orange Bowl

cjhsa

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 12:21 pm
I honestly didn't think anything could be worse than Oklahoma was in the first half until Ashlee performed. What the hell was that? I was honestly hoping she was going to stop singing and force a wardrobe malfunction, or something.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 4,011 • Replies: 43
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 12:31 pm

she's the milli vanilli of the new millenium...
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 12:32 pm
So that's who that was. I had the sound off. I wondered who those plastic-looking punkers on stage were...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 12:35 pm
Even my fourteen year old and her friend were aghast. "She's horrible" they both said.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 01:28 pm
I heard the clip on Stern this morning and I was pissing myself laughing. What a friggin' joke.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 04:38 pm
See and hear for yourself.

http://mfile.akamai.com/12918/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2005/0105/4048936.200k.asx
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 04:53 pm
Sounds like booing, all right. Sad...
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 05:50 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
Sounds like booing, all right. Sad...

if you mean the performance, i couldn't agree more
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 05:56 pm
Well, I used to have the same out look on Ashley, but then I listened to her lyrics and I like them, and after hearing her songs ten million times on the radio, I now enjoy listening to her music.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 05:57 pm
What a horrible experience for her.

I can't imagine the trauma.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 05:59 pm
She has overreached...and an adult needs to tell her so...some selfish show business c unts are trying to cash in on her.....she of course is deluding herself as well....
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 06:16 pm
well said, if you want to be in the public eye, you hacve to expect that the public may love or loathe you, and you had better be able to handle it either way
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 07:05 pm
This is true.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 08:51 pm
heard a clip of lindsay lohan singing equally bad today...
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 10:14 pm
Ashlee puts the "simp" in Simpson.

But, God love her, she manages to persevere even in the face of what would appear to be more than the requisite three strikes. Her older sister sings better (faint praise, to be sure) and apparently hogged all the comeliness genes; she's already been busted for faking it on stage and didn't handle it well; she's not attractive; and she doesn't appear to be able to dress herself. One can't even call her inexplicable success a result of lucky sperm, but rather lucky sibling dynamics. If Jessica wasn't getting famous by blathering about Chicken of the Sea on MTV, then Ashlee would be working at Hooter's and singing karaoke on Saturdays, in a venue where her unique vocal talents might actually be appreciated.

I don't really have anything against the girl, beyond the standard loathing/jealousy I feel for talentless millionaire dipshits, that is. Of course, talent has never been a prerequisite for success in America, though things have really gotten out of hand in this era of Paris Hilton, Ryan Seacrest, and George W. Bush.

I'm still trying to figure out if Ashlee Simpson is self-conscious enough to laugh about how lousy she is all the way to the bank, or if she's actually deluded enough to be hurt when the unwashed masses have the gall to boo or laugh at her.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 7 Jan, 2005 10:19 pm
I watched some of her MTV show that tracked her for a few months while she was making her first CD and starting her singing career.

She had problems with her voice on that show, too. it was followed by whining and complaining and making of excuses. From what I saw, no, she probably didn't take it very well. I'm sure it hurt her alot.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 08:02 am
PDiddie wrote:
Ashlee puts the "simp" in Simpson.

But, God love her, she manages to persevere even in the face of what would appear to be more than the requisite three strikes. Her older sister sings better (faint praise, to be sure) and apparently hogged all the comeliness genes; she's already been busted for faking it on stage and didn't handle it well; she's not attractive; and she doesn't appear to be able to dress herself. One can't even call her inexplicable success a result of lucky sperm, but rather lucky sibling dynamics. If Jessica wasn't getting famous by blathering about Chicken of the Sea on MTV, then Ashlee would be working at Hooter's and singing karaoke on Saturdays, in a venue where her unique vocal talents might actually be appreciated.

I don't really have anything against the girl, beyond the standard loathing/jealousy I feel for talentless millionaire dipshits, that is. Of course, talent has never been a prerequisite for success in America, though things have really gotten out of hand in this era of Paris Hilton, Ryan Seacrest, and George W. Bush.

I'm still trying to figure out if Ashlee Simpson is self-conscious enough to laugh about how lousy she is all the way to the bank, or if she's actually deluded enough to be hurt when the unwashed masses have the gall to boo or laugh at her.

me and a lot of other karaoke operators resent your remarks....
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 08:18 am
Ashlee Simpson is the victim of her father/manager/former Baptist preacher's ambition to market her as tha anti-Jessica with dyed black hair and grunge attire. Too bad she just doesn't have the talent or chutzpah to carry it off. For that matter, her sister is a terrible vocalist IMO. What little talent she may have is lost in that forced style so many young singers emulate today.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 08:21 am
Q: What has 300 legs and five pubic hairs?

A: Front row of an Ashlee Simpson concert....
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 08:24 am
Jessica is a better singer indeed, but I'm with kirsten on this forced style thing. It's so manufactured, has absolutely no substance or soul, and all the caterwauling drives me nuts. Just sing the damn song already.
0 Replies