Catholics irked when school admits kids of gay couple

Jack Webbs

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 02:30 pm
To remain silent against the discrimination? Just FYI Spain (Roman Catholic majority) yesterday passed a law allowing gay marriages. (posted by Just Hatched)

No surprise there, Spain being Spain.

Equal rights are not for anyone to handout as charity. (posted by Just Hatched)

Another example of foisting. As if being queer has any relvance to real, normal problems of people being born with colored skin. "Gay" problems are gay problems and have absolutely nothing to do with legal Equal Rights (civil rights) issues as we normally know them. Buggers are well aware of this. Yet some of the vocal troublemakers seek, recognitions, acclaim, privilege. They are well aware of their bother.

To be sure this is an unhealthy debate but now in addition to the strong, dedicated Christians in our administration and growing in numbers every day throughout the country we now have an additional Canon (pun intended) with Pope Benedict XVI. Indeed this is a weekend for rejoicing of all true Americans of every faith throughout the country!

I believe, even the detractors, we now can readily see that church & state are quickly becoming more entwined and soon will be inseperable.

This of course may be a good thing; may be a bad thing. It all depends on your viewpoint. I know it is a good thing and it feels just fine being on the right side. I have been wondering for the past couple of days if many older, true Americans like myself associate this in any way with 1938. Laughing
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 02:31 pm
To remain silent against the discrimination? Just FYI Spain (Roman Catholic majority) yesterday passed a law allowing gay marriages. (posted by Just Hatched)

Equal rights are not for anyone to handout as charity. (posted by Just Hatched)

Another example of foisting. As if being queer has any relvance to real, normal problems of people being born with colored skin. "Gay" problems are gay problems and have absolutely nothing to do with legal Equal Rights (civil rights) issues as we normally know them. Buggers are well aware of this. Yet some of the vocal troublemakers seek, recognitions, acclaim, privilege. They are well aware of their bother.

To be sure this is an unhealthy debate but now in addition to the strong, dedicated Christians in our administration and growing in numbers every day throughout the country we now have an additional Canon (pun intended) with Pope Benedict XVI. Indeed this is a weekend for rejoicing of all true Americans of every faith throughout the country!

I believe, as well as its detractors, we now can readily see that church & state are quickly becoming more entwined and soon will be inseperable.

This of course may be a good thing; may be a bad thing. It all depends on your viewpoint. I know it is a good thing and it feels just fine being on the right side. I have been wondering for the past couple of days if many older, true Americans like myself associate this in any way with 1938. Laughing
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 02:46 pm
Simply put: You are a perfect example of foisting. Homosexual behavior does not equal problems of being born colored. I doubt any black man with any common sense he may have feels comfortable having his problems equated to that of queers.

Queer people bring on their own misfortune when the decide to have children. Of course some of them will gladly foist it, extend it to the school as in this case. The ones with consideration will know before hand that the child needs to be sent away to a private school like Choate or Philips-Exeter where there is an accepted mix of unique parents and their children. Boarding schools.

This is not in good will here in this particular thread case. They know full well the hardships it causes everyone involved in this situation. Is this fair to decent people, taking advantage of their good will? Of course not. Yet they brazenly do it without consideration or conscience. All in the name of homosexuality.
0 Replies

07s

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 08:32 pm
Quote:

Now thats a worthy argument I can do away with.

Quote:

So born different in the sense that the skin color is different can only materialize in equal rights? You are running thin on arguments now. So the problem of not discrimination to gays is not a "real, normal problem".

And how does equal rights for gays contradict with the *legal Equal Rights" since you seem to have an authority on that.

Being a majority does not equate right behavior. So one must continue to believe that earth is flat since at one point of time it was believed so and there should never be change in attitudes even if they are wrong. Hitler and Nazis should not have been considered war criminals since they were backed by majority of Germans? Your argument about minority does not hold much water, as usual.

Quote:

I believe, as well as its detractors, we now can readily see that church & state are quickly becoming more entwined and soon will be inseperable.

And we have seen how well the entwined church and state works. We have seen uthopia that is Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan or Iran, to name a few.
0 Replies

07s

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 08:43 pm
Quote:
Simply put: You are a perfect example of foisting. Homosexual behavior does not equal problems of being born colored. I doubt any black man with any common sense he may have feels comfortable having his problems equated to that of queers.

I certainly wont be talking about how other are if i am so full of ignorance , "Sir". Even after all your rantings, there has been no marked statement justifying discrimination. And it would be much more helpful when you clarify as to how discrimination against one is justified while against other it is not. Do read the title of Darwin's book before you continue with your worthless diatribe.

Quote:
Queer people bring on their own misfortune when the decide to have children. Of course some of them will gladly foist it, extend it to the school as in this case. The ones with consideration will know before hand that the child needs to be sent away to a private school like Choate or Philips-Exeter where there is an accepted mix of unique parents and their children. Boarding schools.

How is it any different from saying that "black people bring their own misfortune when they decide to educate their children in universities". Gun shots were fired at the first black students in the university. Does that implied that since it is hard, do away with it?

Quote:
This is not in good will here in this particular thread case. They know full well the hardships it causes everyone involved in this situation. Is this fair to decent people, taking advantage of their good will? Of course not. Yet they brazenly do it without consideration or conscience. All in the name of homosexuality.

This is no case of Good will but of Equal Rights. The hardships involved in this case are less obvious than the ones involved with admission of black students due to obvious reasons. Was that taking advantage of good will?The goal is as simple as equal rights, be in name of homosexuality or not.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 08:49 pm
<welcome to a2k, 07s>
0 Replies

07s

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 10:21 pm
Tks os, easily one of the best (and ofcos biggest forums) i have ever been to.
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:28 pm
Newbie, I covered the points I intended to about this unhealthy topic in my post of 10:32 today.

Your comments about: rantings, discrimination, Darwin, black people or Equal Rights are old, out of vogue.

People that insist on dwelling on these things are either college students, recent graduates or Democrats. I am none of the above. Not interested.

Keep at it though Newbie, there are enough people on the other side of your coin on these threads that love to waste time discussing dull, passe' issues. :wink:
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 12:22 am
"Equal rights are not for anyone to handout as charity"- great truth here 07. Why do some "normal" people think equality is a gift they can choose either to bestow or not bestow at their whim - and then only upon those they deem to be "normal" in exactly the same way they are? I always considered my self "normal", but maybe I'm not-because I'm certainly not "normal" like Jack Webbs is, thank God. I don't think I could survive even a day with such derision in my heart.

But to illustrate my point about the possible damage to the child - didn't Mr. Webbs say he is, or was at one time, a teacher - and at a catholic school? God help any little child who stumbles into his classroom and is not deemed "normal".
0 Replies

07s

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 12:33 am
Quote:
Newbie, I covered the points I intended to about this unhealthy topic in my post of 10:32 today.

In other words, ranting with reasoning of your own.

Quote:
Your comments about: rantings, discrimination, Darwin, black people or Equal Rights are old, out of vogue.

Nice try to hide your ignorance and faulty reasoning. But its not working

Quote:
People that insist on dwelling on these things are either college students, recent graduates or Democrats. I am none of the above. Not interested.

Spare me your life story.

Quote:
Keep at it though Newbie, there are enough people on the other side of your coin on these threads that love to waste time discussing dull, passe' issues.

Yup and i hope not to disturb you while you are continuing your grandiose plans. Besides if you have no time (or inclination) to reply, then dont bother to meddle ab initio.
0 Replies

Chrissee

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 10:40 am
As non-traditional parents are widely accepted in most areas of Cali, I wa knid of surprised to see tthis protest. I really would like to know a little bit more about this "group" that protested. Of course, I live in the most accepting environment of all where men and women embrace each other and walk hand in hand and no one even blinks not even teenage schoolboys.

Male couples raising kids are a little more of a novelty than two women bringing up children, so the acceptance is not quite at the same level. (almost completely accepted in the major urban centers)

As California sets the trends for the rest of the nation, the trend here is towared total acceptance. A hundred years from now, poeple will look at those who opposed equal rights for all people as barbarians.
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2005 10:02 am
Chrissee wrote:
As California sets the trends for the rest of the nation...

Can you offer us some evidence that this is a role California plays for the rest of us?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 08:42 am
Apparently, banning kids from school because their parents are gay isn't just a Catholic thing any more:

School Expels Girl for Having Gay Parents

By Associated Press
Published September 23, 2005, 6:05 AM CDT

ONTARIO, Calif. -- A 14-year-old student was expelled from a Christian school because her parents are lesbians, the school's superintendent said in a letter.

Shay Clark was expelled from Ontario Christian School on Thursday.

"Your family does not meet the policies of admission," Superintendent Leonard Stob wrote to Tina Clark, the girl's biological mother.

Stob wrote that school policy requires that at least one parent may not engage in practices "immoral or inconsistent with a positive Christian life style, such as cohabitating without marriage or in a homosexual relationship," The Los Angeles Times reported in Friday's edition.

Stob could not be reached for comment by the newspaper. Shay and her parents said they won't fight the ruling.

School administrators learned of the parents' relationship this week after Shay was reprimanded for talking to the crowd during a football game, Tina Clark said.

Clark and her partner have been together 22 years and have two other daughters, ages 9 and 19.

Chicago Tribune (registration required)
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 09:13 am
I guess from their sick prospective that is the "christian" thing to do.
0 Replies