Depressing New Year's Eve Stories

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 09:36 pm
Some happy news. When I had a little time to think it through I suggested that I take the girls out the next day, Monday, as it was a public holiday. Ex said it's ok. So I did.

We had a pretty good time, though they cleaned me out (as always). Didn't have the littlest one with us, but that is another matter for the court to decide. Dragged those poor kids up and down Darling Harbour in Sydney, in the heat (lovely day, freezoids!) and there was a free viewing of 'Peter Pan' at the National Maritime Museum (pirate theme I suppose) so they sat in on that for over an hour whilst I checked out some of the exhibits in peace.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 09:37 pm
That is great news, Stillwater!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 09:44 pm
Ta, lil'k. Can only get better this year, hey!?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 09:44 pm
Here's hoping!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 11:02 pm
That's good news, Stilly. Very Happy
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 07:44 am
kickycan wrote:
Damn, even Kristie's unmentionable cold sores don't turn me off. What is wrong with me!

Nothing...I'm willing to put out and I can't talk. What else does a guy want? :wink:
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 07:53 am
This one surely has to beat all these stroies...

On the NYE for 1999, I was the command center manager for the Y2K problem and spent the entire night in office on conf calls with the various countries.

Only celebration was a a glass (plastic) of bubbly..

I got paid $2,500 though Smile but I would have rather partied !!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 07:59 am
the prince wrote:
This one surely has to beat all these stroies...

On the NYE for 1999, I was the command center manager for the Y2K problem and spent the entire night in office on conf calls with the various countries.

Only celebration was a a glass (plastic) of bubbly..

I got paid $2,500 though Smile but I would have rather partied !!

I'd take the money over a party....you can party the next day with your $2500! :wink:
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 08:02 am
That is so not a story to beat all stories ... I'd take two and a half grand over almost ANY of the new years eves I've had!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 08:16 am
Yeah, but this was the ONLY millenium party I could go to - and all my friends were partying...

I was sooooo miserable !
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 08:19 am
the prince wrote:
Yeah, but this was the ONLY millenium party I could go to - and all my friends were partying...

I was sooooo miserable !

Ok I'll give you that it was a once in a lifetime party but.......making $2,500 in one day is a once in a lifetime event for a lot of people too. :wink:
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 09:45:00