Depressing New Year's Eve Stories

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 04:54 pm
New Year's Eve, 2004: I'm alone. I might rent an Italian movie, and watch it, alone. Then maybe I'll go out for a little while tonight, alone, and then I'll probably come back home a little while later, alone, and probably go to sleep soon after that, alone.

I guess it beats two years ago, when I was also alone, and I got drunk on cheap wine and wandered the streets alone, pining for my long-lost friend/lover Diane, and seeing her face everywhere I looked. That one really sucked.

But the night is young. Maybe I can beat that one if I really try.

So if you have any New Year's Eve sob stories of you own, I'd like to hear them. Misery loves company.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,801 • Replies: 70
No top replies

littlek

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 04:55 pm
Aw, kicky, here's a hug.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 05:01 pm
Thanks, littlek. I'll be fine. it's just one crappy night, after all.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 05:03 pm
You can come to my house.

We're putting on our yellow underwear and eating grapes under the table in the typical Peruvian fashion.

We might make pretzel necklaces!

Maybe even thow wax fortunes!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 05:04 pm
Sounds cool, Boomer. <what is she talking about?>

Kicky, you could hop on the train and be here by 11pm!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 05:06 pm
Haha! No, but thanks for the offers.

Now, come on, people, who's got the guts to share their stories of New Year's Eve misery and isolation? Man, if I'm the only one who this has ever happened to, I'm going to REALLY be depressed.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 05:12 pm
My grandmother got really sick on New Years Eve and died on New Years day.

Does that help?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 05:27 pm
i don't get really worked up about new years, my only real story happened during the millenium celebrations, i woke up at 4:00 am on the 31st to watch the first millenium celebrations on some little island in the pacific, i then spent the entire day watching the special new years celebrations as the new year moved across the globe, sad to say i was sound asleep on the couch before new years ever got to canada
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 05:59 pm
I've had lots of lame NYEs, but none have been terribly depressing. You can nip the depression in the bud if you don't expect to have someone to kiss, or party with, or etc..... I didn't think I'd be doing anything tonight, but then Dasha came along and asked me to a little teeny tiny party - I'm very happy to be going over there.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 06:04 pm
Boomerang, that is very sad. Too sad. I'm sorry to hear that.

Actually, I just got back from the vid store. I got two italian movies and one called "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle". I don't really know what the hell it's about, but it looked funny. Plus, I have beer, potato chips, some pizza, and Pepsi. Maybe this night won't completely blow after all.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 06:15 pm
Yeah it is sad but it was so much like her. Why put off for tomorrow what you can do today?

Anyway it sounds like your evening is improving.

If you want to crawl under the table and eat 12 (only) grapes at midnight (remember - I'm three hours behind you) we can still celebate together!

Bring your yellow underwear!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 06:19 pm
I have been alone so many New Year's I cannot count them (really there have been 18). However, I always try to keep in mind that in just 24 hours the whole mess is over. The triad of Thanks Giving, Christmas, and New Year.

And once they are past they are really past it seems everyone forgets they even existed until around Halloween in the new year.

Those 10 months of being alone and not caring. That is the way I used to look at it.

This year I will be with a loved one. We have the Champagne on ice. I hope it turns out well and is the beginning for great changes in my life.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 06:25 pm
Put on some underwear, kicky, and join boomer!

Enjoy Harold and Kumar. The I.T. guys at work are always acting bits of it out at lunch. I know I love their version Very Happy

hmmmmm, no so much depressing as weird. A couple of years ago, at the end of a relationship, I really didn't want to go out for NYE (and I'm generally not good at staying up late in any case). So, I invited a pal to come over. We shared two major interests - men and golf. I rented Caddyshack, Tin Cup and some other golf movie and he came over with champagne and really good snacks. I had the little sofa, he had the big one. I fell asleep during the first movie, and woke up at about 12:15 a.m. to a tidied up living room and kitchen and an empty locked-up house and the sound of the fireworks show from the beach. Not a bad night (for me), but weird.

Tonight, it'll just be me and the dogs - and maybe a few midnight kisses with neighbours (if I stay awake to open the door to greet the New Year). The lad's back in MudSock. Sad
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 06:27 pm
For me it is easy to forget what night it is and spend just a quiet evening at home like any other. But that's because I hardly ever know what day it is.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 06:35 pm
Boomers party plans come from:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=42040&start=0

Kicky--

Believe me, there are worse things than being all alone on NYE.

How about a drunken soon-to-be ex husband trying to kick the door down and threatening to kill you?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 06:57 pm
Well, sure Noddy. That puts the night in perspective, but I don't think Kicky will ever have that problem.

I'm working on my umpteenth year of being alone at home with the kids on New Years Eve. No biggy. I think we are heading to the video store for something for the kids to watch. I'm not supposed to drive after dark, but I'll go real slow.

There have been a couple of years we went midnight bowling for new years eve. The kids like that, but with the lights out I can't even see the lanes. Makes me pretty dangerous with a 14 pound ball.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 07:33 pm
Actually I'm glad to be home !
I had to go out for a few hours and the freeways are
a danger zone here. It's raining cats and dogs and I've
seen 2 major accidents with terrible injuries.

So, now I'm at home and enjoy being here while it's
cold and miserable outside.

Happy New Year!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 07:50 pm
Turning up the furnace before I need to put a coat on in here.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 07:52 pm
msolga's pathetic New Year's Eve:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=42108&highlight=
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 08:07 pm
well there's always the time I propositioned the right woman at the right time in the wrong place and her husband (the bartender) took offence and unloaded his 38 special between my eyes. I was dead before I could latch on to her boob. I'll never forget that night fer sure.(she went home with the bass player and later in the week they moved to Sedona Arizona and opened up a Celestial Seasons Tea shoppe)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Depressing New Year's Eve Stories
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 11:14:16