NeoPets Riddles (Lenny Conundrums) and Answers Here

jjbuttcrack

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 03:42 pm
yep -- it's getting too late. the 'congrats' neomails should have gone out by now, and the page should have the "looks like this round has already been judged" message.

now we just have to wait for the news to see if it's held over again as-is, if we get a hint, or they just replace it.

i hope that, when this one is over, it's one where they give an explanation instead of just the submitted correct answer. they said in an editorial a while ago that they would try to do that, and kept up with it for a little bit, but they are back to just posting the answers lately.
0 Replies

Kutusita

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 05:35 pm
There's a hint. Not that it helps me much, so far.

Hint: The answer is a single word, and the letters of that word correspond to the above numbers, somehow.
0 Replies

Kutusita

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 05:36 pm
OK, time to start thinking a bit.

I am almost positive that it is 11 characters, as I can't think of many single words that are 22 characters.
lennyfan

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 07:05 pm
@Kutusita,
Exactly what I was just thinking.
0 Replies

grandmaboss

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 09:11 pm
Perhaps the numbers form a question, not the answer.
wertyiu102

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 09:35 pm
@grandmaboss,
Possibly. I thought that on week one.

Maybe, we have the alphabet, we start at A, then go foward 29, like, in a circle, then go back 92... Smile
0 Replies

grandmaboss

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 09:42 pm
It may be asking what we think the artifact is or resembles. I just don't know how to use the doggone numbers.
0 Replies

grandmaboss

Reply Wed 20 Oct, 2010 09:47 pm
There is not a lot that we know yet, except the characters, the stolen artifact, Nox (or his look-alike) did the dirty deed, and that all the faeries have been turned to stone. I am about to give up.
Why didn't they provide a hint when nobody got it right week one?
0 Replies

wertyiu102

Reply Thu 21 Oct, 2010 09:09 pm
OMG! from the NEWS update:
Quote:
There were still no correct answers for the Lenny Conundrum... As per last week, all submissions have been cleared, and an additional hint has been given.

See the whole ADDINTIONAL thing>/ MAYBE they DID give us a hint last time!!!!! >:OO
0 Replies

Angelicalex1

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 06:31 pm
I think maybe the word has four letters(because of the 4 columns), and it's something to do with the first two columns adding up to exactly half of the next 2.
0 Replies

spaceymom

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 10:41 pm
Well this hint has been of no help to me and if there was one last time it is very well hidden.
0 Replies

tramiel

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2010 04:07 am
I've been cross referencing the conundrum highscore table with the numbers (the 29.92 = 29th person's first and last letter / 29th person's first letter + 92nd first letter), but nothing. I think I will continue with this for awhile.
0 Replies

wertyiu102

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2010 12:31 am
Man oh man. tomorrow is tuesday!!! >:OO
0 Replies

Kutusita

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2010 12:16 pm
OK, so this one has been put out of its misery. Razz Two people got it correct, and the one that posted about it pretty much guessed. (It's possible the other person also guessed.)

To their credit, TNT explained this one:
-----
Answer: Transparent

This one was a tough one! First thing you have to do is take the list of numbers and square them, and round them to the nearest whole number. So you get this list:

From that list, find the game titles that correspond to those game ID's. For example, 895 is Dar-BLAT!!!, 902 is Carnival of Terror, etc.

Once you have all of the game titles, take the LAST letter of each of them, and string them together. You'll then find the name of our newest Neopets paintbrush colour!
---
I wasn't even close on this one! I did look at game ids a little bit the first week, but didn't square the numbers first.
bunandstan

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2010 12:39 pm
@Kutusita,
wow that is complicated. how do you know two people got it correct? don't they usually save that for the next day's news?
vvktv

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2010 01:03 pm
OMG ughhhhhhhhhhh

i shouldn't haev spent so mjuch time around faerieland related things and realized they love squaring and love game ids gahhh.

congrats to those people and i'm glad they explained!!
0 Replies

Kutusita

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2010 01:15 pm
@bunandstan,
Someone posted to the Games board that she got 1,000,000 NP. Surprisingly, the prize was not upgraded. (I suppose that TNT got so many hate mails the one time that they upgraded the prize that they won't do that again. Just as well!)

We really were obsessed with the plot, eh? I briefly looked at some other events in the news, including Techo Day, but never thought of the new PB or Skeith Day. Never even thought of squaring the numbers, which seems like a big oversight in hindsight. I guess many players did square the numbers, but did not continue on to the next step.
bunandstan

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2010 01:24 pm
@Kutusita,
@Kutusita
hmmm do you think she was telling the truth
when you think of how many people are on Neopets all over the world and how many were working on it and only 2 could come up with that?
we're obviously not as clever as we thought we were.
hopefully next one will be a tad easier
0 Replies

Kutusita

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2010 01:31 pm
I don't think she lied. After all, she basically admitted to guessing the answer.

Also, she does have a LC 2X trophy.

I suspect the other person also guessed. Maybe both of them just really like the PB color!
0 Replies

jjbuttcrack

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2010 02:20 pm
wow -- well, however they ended up with the answer, congrats to them!

i, like the rest of us, was no were Close to figuring That out.
oh well, at least i already have the stamp, AND we can finally look forward to a new puzzle!! (and prolly plot step as well.)
0 Replies