NeoPets Riddles (Lenny Conundrums) and Answers Here

bloomin jules

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 11:39 pm
When does the new conundrum come out in Neopets Standard Time? No matter how fast I solve it I never seem to get in the top 250...
0 Replies

the veronicas rule

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 12:40 am
this is confusing with diffent people getting different answers... Confused
0 Replies

MindyH

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 06:54 am
I got Jordan = Purple Bori. I hope that is right. You should see my scribbly scrabbly paper. I even had my 9 yr old look at it, they have done those things in school.
0 Replies

lior

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 09:46 am
I got purple bruce and my room mate got white bori...

I hate these logic things, I was good at them in shcool but that was 6 years ago!!!
0 Replies

elybelly

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 09:51 am
purplemonkey wrote:

if we make
Buzz = Jame = orange
Blumaroo = Jerry = white
Bori = Jordan = purple or brown
Bruce = John = brown or purple

then it can be written

James was the first to sit at the table.

Jerry and Jordan had better scores than James.

In the first game, Jerry rolled first, then Jordan rolled, the James rolled, then John rolled.

In the last game, Jordan rolled first, then Jerry rolled, then James rolled, then John rolled.

Jerry or Jordan went home before John did.

John didn't score as high as James.

Jordan or Jerry went home before Jerry.

So, Jordan is purple Bori? or he could be brown Bori?

Then Jenny reminded me that "remember that "The Blumaroo and the Bori had better scores than James."

but

"The brown pet didn't score as high as James. ""
So Jordan HAD to be a purple bori.

I really think PurpleMonkey explained it quite well right from the beginning. =)
0 Replies

purplemonkey

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 01:06 pm
elybelly wrote:
I really think PurpleMonkey explained it quite well right from the beginning. =)

thx... the only prob is i was so happy that i had actually done one by myself that i made a major typo and submitted "Purple Bruce" for my answer LOL. i'm sure i woulda been in the top 250 if i hadn't done that mistake too Sad.
0 Replies

testify

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 01:25 pm
I wish I could get in the Top 250 again. I only got it for the dubloons in the box thing. xD
0 Replies

SeaLisa

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 03:47 pm
hmmm
I worked this out several times in a grid and I got White Bori - I'm usually pretty good at logic problems...

But you never know :-) I could have done something wrong...
0 Replies

fmorel

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 05:09 pm
yes! someone else who got white bori!
i kept thinking i submitted the wrong anwser..maybe i didnt after all
0 Replies

liquidsnake

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 10:01 pm
Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but here's proof that Jordan is not white:

I'll number the sentences in the problem statement, where (1) is "The Buzz was the..." and (7) is "The purple pet...". First, we're all in agreement that Jordan is the Bori, right? So I won't bother proving that part.

a: Bori is Jordan => Blumaroo is not Jordan
b: (2) => Blumaroo is not James
c: (3) => Blumaroo is not John
d: (a) & (b) & (c) => Blumaroo is Jerry

e: (7) => Jerry is not purple
f: (d) & (e) => Blumaroo is not purple
g: (3) => Blumaroo is not orange
h: (2) & (6) => Blumaroo>James>brown => Blumaroo is not brown
i: (f) & (g) & (h) => Blumaroo is white

(i) => Bori is not white
0 Replies

Suicidecandy

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 11:43 pm
I got the answer Purple Bori, I have read through it a few times and it seems fairly logical to me. I messed up a bit ways though, thankfully I found my error and go back on track, anyway that is my ending result I've sent it in, and such so yeah. ^^

I'm going with Purple Bori.
0 Replies

simplyfallen

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 12:47 pm
lenny
wow.. this one really twisted me around, i read half way through and my brain shuts down lol... thanks for helping me understand it a bit more
0 Replies

Jen Aside

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 06:30 am
bloomin_jules wrote:
When does the new conundrum come out in Neopets Standard Time? No matter how fast I solve it I never seem to get in the top 250...

It comes out when they release the News for the day, which varies to best give people in different time zones a chance to get in the top 250. Otherwise, there will be folks who would have to wake up at 4 in the morning local time in order to answer when people in a different time zone would get to answer just after school or work, which isn't really fair.
0 Replies

primarius

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 07:08 pm
Jen Aside wrote:
bloomin_jules wrote:

It comes out when they release the News for the day, which varies to best give people in different time zones a chance to get in the top 250. Otherwise, there will be folks who would have to wake up at 4 in the morning local time in order to answer when people in a different time zone would get to answer just after school or work, which isn't really fair.

Er... no.

First of all, the News doesn't vary in its update time to "best give people in different time zones a chance..." That's the whole point of having a Neopian Standard Time. I'm not even sure how your way would make sense in terms of fairness. If the News or Lenny Conundrum were to be released at different times, then the person in the earlier time zone would get the advantage, would they not? The News/LC is released at the same (NST) time for everyone.

And in answer to blooming_jules' question, the LC has been coming out on Wednesdays at around 4-5 NST. For the past several Conundrums anyway.
0 Replies

rosey

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 09:32 pm
Mystery Pic
Can anyone give any hints on what the new mystery pic is? Or maybe an answer lol Very Happy Man i am terrible at those things but I really am dying for that coin lol.

Anyhow I havent been on for a really long time, internet went down. But i shall be seeing you all more Very Happy
0 Replies

rosey

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 09:34 pm
Suicidecandy wrote:
I got the answer Purple Bori, I have read through it a few times and it seems fairly logical to me. I messed up a bit ways though, thankfully I found my error and go back on track, anyway that is my ending result I've sent it in, and such so yeah. ^^

I'm going with Purple Bori.

I got purple bori also... but i think I am a little late in the game lol
0 Replies

puyro

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 12:15 pm
Congratulations! You have guessed correctly in the Lenny Conundrum game (round 162). You have won 132 NP!

Yours Sincerely,
The Neopets Team!
0 Replies

scribble

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 03:41 pm
primarius wrote:
Jen Aside wrote:
bloomin_jules wrote:

Er... no.

First of all, the News doesn't vary in its update time to "best give people in different time zones a chance..." That's the whole point of having a Neopian Standard Time. I'm not even sure how your way would make sense in terms of fairness. If the News or Lenny Conundrum were to be released at different times, then the person in the earlier time zone would get the advantage, would they not? The News/LC is released at the same (NST) time for everyone.

And in answer to blooming_jules' question, the LC has been coming out on Wednesdays at around 4-5 NST. For the past several Conundrums anyway.

TNT varies at what time the news comes out every day - or at least they say they do. Meaning, maybe on Monday they'll release it at 5pm NST, then on Tuesday they'll release it at 8am NST, etc. It's their way of making it fair for people anywhere on the globe, because if the LC was always updated at a specific time? It might be totally convenient for someone, but it might be at 3am for somebody in another time zone.

I do hope that made sense; my brain's a little on the overfried side today.
0 Replies

fmorel

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 03:54 pm
It does, don't worry.

I think the times are much better nowadays for me. They used to update really late or really early.

I remember during the Lost Desert Plot, sometimes they updated around 2pm (Eastern time).
0 Replies

Roly Poly Sandwiches

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 07:30 pm
my answer is already summited

They started watching you the day before yesterday, when there were one-fifth the number of Meepits watching you today. Yesterday, eighteen more Meepits started watching you, but that was still only one-third of today's total. Tomorrow, there will be four times as many watching you as were watching you yesterday.

How many watchful Meepits will be added between today and tomorrow?
0 Replies