After more than twenty years of drinking colloidal silver, daily -

hightor

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 11:35 am
@edgarblythe,
Well, my personal skepticism aside, I'm glad you've found something that seems to work for you. I'm pretty healthy for an old guy as well and can't remember the last time I had a cold or the flu — my thing is cider vinegar.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that people who care enough about their health to regularly ingest particular foods (cider vinegar) or substances (colloidal silver) might just be at base healthier because of the extra attention they pay to their food consumption as a whole.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 11:43 am
@hightor,
Each of us is responsible for their own health. Everything in our environment including what we ingest is a force either protecting or damaging life. I am in a position to experiment and I change as the circumstances change.

I use cider vinegar at times.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 12:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
I persuaded her to take c silver. She quickly felt better. She took a little more every twenty minutes and was perfectly fine.

To me that sounds a lot like either placebo action, or it was going to pass off anyhow, as these things usually do. I could say "I had a cold and I took [insert remedy here] every twenty minutes and I was better in 2 days".

centrox

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 12:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
In twenty + years I no longer get colds or flu.

You don't get them as you get older anyhow. I'm the same and I don't take anything. You accumulate immunity. By the time people reach middle age, they've gained immunity to the vast majority of all the infections they could get. And this means they're less likely to get sick.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 12:28 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
I wouldn't rule out the possibility that people who care enough about their health to regularly ingest particular foods (cider vinegar) or substances (colloidal silver) might just be at base healthier because of the extra attention they pay to their food consumption as a whole.

Absolutely. I have a bee in my bonnet about not excess salt, fresh fruit and vegetables, extra-virgin olive oil, whole grains, etc, organic if possible, and I am very pleased with my health so far. No patent-medicines at all.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 02:11 pm
@centrox,
You had to be there.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 02:23 pm
My wife works at a day care. Anyone who knows about daycare workers knows that they come home with all kinds of germs and viruses. It never bothered me, because no matter how many times she got sick, I was fine. But now that she uses c silver as much as I do, she doesn't get sick like that any more.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 03:04 pm
Quote:
Colloidal silver can cause serious side effects. The most common is argyria, a bluish-gray discoloration of the skin, which is usually permanent.

Colloidal silver can also cause poor absorption of some drugs, such as certain antibiotics and thyroxine (used to treat thyroid deficiency).

The FDA also warned in 1999 that colloidal silver isn’t safe or effective for treating any disease or condition.

The FDA and the Federal Trade Commission have taken action against a number of companies for making misleading claims about colloidal silver products.

Quote:
Scientific evidence doesn’t support the use of colloidal silver dietary supplements for any disease or condition.

Silver has no known function or benefits in the body when taken by mouth.

Silver is not a nutritionally essential mineral or a useful dietary supplement.
People may be exposed to silver, usually in tiny amounts, through air, water, and food, and in certain activities such as jewelry-making or soldering.

Colloidal silver products are sometimes sold as homeopathic remedies. For more information on homeopathy, see nccih.nih.gov/health/homeopathy.

Topical silver (used on the skin) has some appropriate medical uses, such as in bandages and dressings to treat burns, skin wounds, or skin infections. It’s also in medicines to prevent conjunctivitis (an eye condition) in newborns. However, there are no legally marketed prescription or over-the-counter drugs containing colloidal silver that are taken by mouth.

Source: National Institute of Health, https://nccih.nih.gov/health/silver
maxdancona

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 03:07 pm
@maxdancona,
I want to have a discussion about modern science and traditional medicine. I think I will start another thread on the topic.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 03:09 pm
That's just propaganda to scare people away. Not a word of it is true. That kind of statement is from the ones that gave you products with side effects more horrendous than the symptoms they are meant to address. A bunch of pirates whose only dream is to have you hooked on lifetime dependency on their mostly worthless pills.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 03:10 pm
@maxdancona,
Good choice.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 03:10 pm
Nobody is less worth arguing with than a convinced alternative-meds enthusiast.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 03:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
The NIH is also in favor of exercise and against smoking. Is that propaganda too?

You are rejecting science.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 03:21 pm
@centrox,
Then why are you here? You won't believe a thing I say and I won't accept what the big money interests pass off as medicine.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 03:22 pm
@maxdancona,
I'm rejecting bullshit promulgated to make the super wealthy more wealthy at the public expense.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 03:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I'm rejecting bullshit promulgated to make the super wealthy more wealthy at the public expense.

If that is how you feel about science, then sure. I bet you accept science when it agrees with your preconceived notions.

People say the same thing about global warming that you are saying about modern medicine.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 03:29 pm
@maxdancona,
It's not good science when they sell out to make the kind of **** at the prices they do. Using science in a bad way is worse than no science at all.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 03:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
How much are you paying for your colloidal silver. Someone is making money off of you. Natural medicine is a big business making $330 million a year (according to Natural News).

The NIH recommends that you get at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic exercise a week (e.g. 30 minutes a day for 5 days).

Exercise doesn't cost you anything, it is free. Your conspiracy theory doesn't even make sense.

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 03:46 pm
@maxdancona,
After the initial cost of less than a hundred dollars, years ago, for a c silver maker, I make up a batch in about 15 minutes, for the cost of 16 oz. distilled water and about 3 or 4 drops of sea salt.

I get as much exercise as anybody I know.

Just do some googling how many people are suffering from prescription medicine and incompetent doctors. Then check out how many go bankrupt from major disease, such as cancer.

The doctor told my brother: You will die in one year. But that didn't stop him from cashing in on chemo treatments that spread the disease faster and left him a bag of bones, babbling incoherently to invisible people. The doc knew before he started it was futile to give such "treatments." That's not science, it's butchery for dollars.
roger

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2017 03:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The doctor told my brother: You will die in one year. But that didn't stop him from cashing in on chemo treatments that spread the disease faster and left him a bag of bones, babbling incoherently to invisible people. The doc knew before he started it was futile to give such "treatments." That's not science, it's butchery for dollars.

We can't agree on everything, but we can certainly agree on this.
0 Replies